GRRM Box

coreywt

22 hours ago, becca69 said:

Did you get notified that they charged your card? I would contact them for a tracking number. It has to be signed for.

Yes, it shows that payment has been made but that it's "unfulfilled" on shipping. I sent an email but no reply.

16 minutes ago, Glodowski125 said:

Mine came in damaged!  One of the ledges that supports the lid is cracked and hanging off its nails. Think they will replace or partial refund me? 

Send them a message. I know someone who had a damaged book and they only offered to replace with a PC copy. Not sure about the box.

Wow, a damaged book with no partial refund and only a PC copy replacement? That's disconcerting...

Damaged box made me think back to the packaging, and I thought the packaging was adequate at the time. But, in hindsight the weight of the box relative to the amount of packing peanuts would not have prevented damage from anything but the most minor of drops.

1 hour ago, GypsyDRB said:

Wow, a damaged book with no partial refund and only a PC copy replacement? That's disconcerting...

Damaged box made me think back to the packaging, and I thought the packaging was adequate at the time. But, in hindsight the weight of the box relative to the amount of packing peanuts would not have prevented damage from anything but the most minor of drops.

There wasn't any damage to the box it shipped in either, not sure at what point it broke.

Mine arrived yesterday. 

For a $600 box, they sure didn't package it all that carefully.  Mine wasn't damaged, that I could see, but there were some bits of paper glued or stuck on the box.  The build quality is nice, but certainly not "Ultra Luxe."  I mostly got it for the book, though, which is in good shape. 

Color me mildly disappointed. 

They didn't put it in a big enough box to keep from possible damage – with just a thin layer of bubble wrap, only partially around the box. They hired a fulfillment company to pack and ship the boxes. They should have wrapped at least the book if not the other items instead of placing a bit of paper on top. I got lucky and mine escaped any damage. My guess is they will tell people with damaged items to return them for refunds. I doubt they are going to replace items. For the price, more care and thought should have gone into this.

58 minutes ago, becca69 said:

They didn't put it in a big enough box to keep from possible damage – with just a thin layer of bubble wrap, only partially around the box. They hired a fulfillment company to pack and ship the boxes. They should have wrapped at least the book if not the other items instead of placing a bit of paper on top. I got lucky and mine escaped any damage. My guess is they will tell people with damaged items to return them for refunds. I doubt they are going to replace items. For the price, more care and thought should have gone into this.

Yeah, not great at all.  Someone ought to share this with George and George's people.  For that kind of scratch, it ought to at least be fully wrapped, packaged, and protected from damage--both inside and out. 

100% agree evogeler...that's where i was heading.

Like with many things that are licensed out buy GRRM of good quality, am hoping he and his staff would want to keep the bar high whereas in this instance the high dollar cost isnt really matching with quality / expectations.

The problem has always been that the big publisher's just don't know how to handle an ultra limited/lettered edition. They go about it like it's any other mass market book, just a more expensive one. This is why the small presses are so great at what they do. At least they upped their game with the production of the book itself (sans the limitation page).

Thanks Becca!  :)  Camelot Books has an Ultra (#064) for sale now for $1995  . https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/a-game-of-thrones-the-ultra-limited-edition   I don't think the one on e-bay will go that high, and it's for #001 and being auctioned for charity.

Edit:  Well, the ebay auction is now up to $1975 with almost 4 days remaining.  Stunned!

Archived