Jump to content
phbahia

Casting the Characters Who've Been Cut

Recommended Posts

Out of curiosity, if you were to give your dream casting for the characters who have been cut (Jon Connington, Aegon, Strong Belwas, etc.) and the characters who have yet to appear or be casted (Sarella, Marwyn, Victarion, etc.), who would you cast? Here are some of my picks:

Jon Connington: Tony Curran

Aegon Targaryen: Logan Lerman

Victarion Greyjoy: Ray Stevenson

Sarella Sand: Tatiana Maslany

Archmaestar Marwyn: Jim Broadbent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victarion - Ray Stevenson

Darkstar - Todd Lasance

Wyman Manderly - Brendan Gleeson (because fuck it the show version of Wyman is not the real Wyman)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helen McCrory - Barbery Dustin

Henry Cavill - Arys Oakheart

Sarah Bolger - Jeyne Westerling

Kevin McKidd - Victarion Greyjoy or Jon Connington

David O'Hara - Lyn Corbray

Jason Isaacs - Aeron Greyjoy

 

I understand none of these are possible because these actors have jobs or are beyond making TV, but they'd be perfect and I don't care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 10:32 AM, phbahia said:

Out of curiosity, if you were to give your dream casting for the characters who have been cut (Jon Connington, Aegon, Strong Belwas, etc.) and the characters who have yet to appear or be casted (Sarella, Marwyn, Victarion, etc.), who would you cast? Here are some of my picks:

Jon Connington: Tony Curran

Aegon Targaryen: Logan Lerman

Victarion Greyjoy: Ray Stevenson

Sarella Sand: Tatiana Maslany

Archmaestar Marwyn: Jim Broadbent

Genna Lannister: Camryn Manheim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was re-reading the Brienne chapters in A Feast for Crows recently and I was thinking who could have played who if they'd actually adapted her book-plot. I think Iain McShane could still have fit as the Elder Brother or Septon Meribald, while someone like Eoin Macken would have made a good Ser Hyle Hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to imagine Leyla Feray (Ayşe Haseki Sultan from Magnificent Century Kösem) as Ashara Dayne because she is just so gentle and beautiful like how I imagine Ashara to be and her character commited suicide in the show so tragic back story connection ✓ she was also pregnant at some point ✓ 

Anastasia Tsilimpiou as Allyria would be so cute really. Maybe Veronika Bonell to be more age accurate. 

Alexander Dreymon as Brandon Stark? 

Deepika Padukone is the Elia Martell we deserve. 

Arianne Martell is hard, for me, but Kristi Sanon? Aditi Rao Hydari? 

Jon Connington : Kevin McKidd

Jamie Campbell Bower as Young Griff? Too old? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, Jova Snow said:

Jamie Campbell Bower as Young Griff? Too old? 

He's about the same age as Emilia/Kit and co, right? Then no, seeing as Young Griff is supposed to be older than them both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Faera said:

He's about the same age as Emilia/Kit and co, right? Then no, seeing as Young Griff is supposed to be older than them both.

Young Griff is same age as Jon in the books - actually a few months younger, but the actor is what in his late twenties, early thirties? I used to prefer age appropriate casts but I plan to make an exception for Young Griff. 

My new Allyria would be Aleksandra Bortich from Viking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

Young Griff is same age as Jon in the books - actually a few months younger,

Still, given he is supposed to be Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar and Elia... he is supposed to be older than Jon. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×