Dreams Redux...Redux?

drawkcabi

We've had several dream threads on the board over the years but they seem to keep getting lost, or I'm just lousy at searching.

Anyhow, I've always had intense dreams, but for a while they seemed to taper off, but lately they've been back with a vengeance.

It seems every night now I'm having super intricate, detailed, and involved dreams, I should really start a dream journal, but for now I'm bringing back another dream thread.

Last night I think my subconscious was invaded by Marxists or something.

My dad and I had to go to a lawyer's office for a deposition. It was at this giant combination office building/mall complex. We got there at noon but the deposition wasn't until 1pm. My dad went in to wander around, I stayed in the car another 10 minutes then decided to go in. The first floor had this huge layout but also seemed kind of dark and empty. I was hungry so decided to get some lunch. There was this tiny shop more newspaper stand than anything else, but they sold cookies, crackers, candy, and soda. To buy anything you had to wait in a very long line to get to the counter to have your items rung up. So long that the line went out of the shop and around the corner.

While waiting in line I ran into a kid that I used to go to grade school with. Right away when he saw me he started acting all disgusted and complaining about how fat I was. When I confronted him and said, "What business is it of yours? Why do you care?" He looked nervous and ran off.

Just about everybody standing in line there was a minority. They all wore drab, worn clothes and all seemed tired and like the weight of the world was on their shoulders. The place itself had a dingy closed in claustrophobic feel. When it was finally my turn to buy my stuff the cahier told me if I had any work credits I better use them up now because the shop was being closed down. I was surprised because it always seemed so busy, but the cashier just shrugged and said it was being closed by decision from the people on the higher floors. Also it sucked because it was really only one of the few places on the ground floor for anybody to buy any food.

After I bought my stuff I looked at my watch and saw it was ten minutes until 1. The law firm was on the third floor, so I went around the corner, there were burnt out light bulbs everywhere making many dark areas and there was just a feeling of dankness on the entire floor. I got to the elevator and I could only use it because I had a special pass. While I was waiting for it someone told me that the people on the higher floors were going to be shutting down the elevator soon too.

I got in the elevator and press the button for floor 3. When I got out it was like the difference between night and day. The third floor was enormous and airy. Bright neon colors everywhere! Lots and lots of plants and trees that gave the place a bit of an atrium feel as well. Getting off the elevator first thing I noticed was a cafeteria like restaurant. It was very large and the smells coming out of it made my mouth water. Plenty of home style hot food dishes made with fresh ingredients were available along with tons of fresh fruit and vegetables. The restaurant had a very open airy feel, sky blue color carpet, beige tables with like a mauve trim, whitish blue color walls, and a long row of large bay windows that looked out on the city and lake in the distance.

Then I continued to look for the law firm. It was like going through a mall or maybe even more like the part of a big airport where all the stores are. And the stores were all high end places like Armani, Gucci, Liz Claiborne, places like that.

The address of the law firm was suite 304. But as I kept looking at the numbers they all started with "4". I thought maybe I was on the wrong floor, but I asked somebody and they said no, it was just that the third and fourth floors were connected by a bunch of open stairways. I just had to go down some steps by suite 404 and then I'd be at suite 304.

I got there about ten minutes late. I asked them to please excuse my tardiness. My dad was all ready there. I gave my deposition but I was also taking notes on what everyone else was saying. Finally I had to bring up how different the upper floors were from the ground floor. I was told it's just the way the place was built. But I said I saw no white people on the ground floor where up here there were many. They pointed out to me that there were many minorities up here too. When I looked around I saw that was true. That's when I also noticed that everyone up here was dressed in bright, colorful, stylish clothes and everyone had fashionable hair styles and looked so fresh.

I asked an African American woman didn't she feel bad that she was living like this up here while there were so many others living worse off on the ground floor. She told me she had made it up there so anyone else from down there could as well.

I still didn't feel right about it. But that wasn't all I felt. I was also very eager to do a bit of shopping in the stores on this level.

l regularly have lucid dreams. Last night I had one about headless zombies. I had to train them to help out during the Thanksgiving weekend, which is this weekend in Canada. It was so frustrating trying to get them to do anything, being headless and all.  

10 hours ago, maarsen said:

l regularly have lucid dreams. Last night I had one about headless zombies. I had to train them to help out during the Thanksgiving weekend, which is this weekend in Canada. It was so frustrating trying to get them to do anything, being headless and all.  

:lol:   Training zombies. . . and don't even get started on their eating your face while you're trying to teach them anything. 

And, Drawk, I've actually been in real-life situations very similar to your dream.  It was hard to keep the sneer off my face as I was writing the deposition. 

43 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Probably you should seek some sort of therapy.  And probably not aromatherapy, or anything else close to bath salts.

LOL... a little to close to burning candles around a circle of salt and chanting for my liking! Though a nice warm bath does sound nice right now, winky smiley!

20 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

:lol:   Training zombies. . . and don't even get started on their eating your face while you're trying to teach them anything. 

And, Drawk, I've actually been in real-life situations very similar to your dream.  It was hard to keep the sneer off my face as I was writing the deposition. 

It was weird how elaborate it was. I've had dreams every night since then. One time travel one that was pretty intense, but I forget most of it. Last night was just my subconscious making up an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

• 6 months later...

Had to post this dream. Yeah I've watched many comic book movies and TV shows, but lately I haven't watched much at all, maybe my subconscious got starved so made its own comic book movie.

So it was a Spider-Man movie. Toby Maguire was back in the role of Peter Parker, he was playing the character as an older, early to mid-thirties Spider-Man.

The villain was an evil sadistic Jigsaw-type character, except he looked like the DC character Tobias White or kind of like Marlon Brando in the Island of Dr. Moreau. He was a crime boss with a strong gang under his control. He liked to abduct people, keep them prisoner in his home and play games with them, each unique for each captive. Like this one captive, he kept in a room and forced him to continually keep throwing a clay pigeon against a padded wall. If the pigeon broke, either accidentally or on purpose, the captive could have an hour to rest and be offered food and drink. However, he was only supplied with 5 pigeons in the room with him, once he broke his last pigeon, he would be killed. The villain informed his prisoners that when only one of them was left alive, their reward would be their freedom.

Bruce Willis was in the movie, he played a cop that had a sister that was killed by this villain and he was out for revenge. With some effort he was able to track him down and confronted him. The guy had a house by a river and when Willis found him and confronted him, the villain had some traps and devices and also some of his gang there that slowed and injured Willis but didn't stop him, in the end the villian fled. Willis cornered him down by the river and threw him in. There were alligators in the river and attacked him. Both his legs were chewed off. Willis was worn out by then but also considered this a fate worse than death and left him like that.

However, the river was full of toxic waste and the alligators were mutated radioactive gators. The villain, with no legs, managed to crawl out of the river and collapsed on the bank. Then the mutation happened. I know alligators can't regrow limbs, but they can regrow teeth, and like I said these were mutated gators, and my mind was associating with The Lizard, plus dream logic. So he was able to regrow his limbs, but they were scaly reptilian limbs. He also gained the ability to transform his entire body into a powerful man-alligator creature, and he could turn back more or less to his human form, except his legs always stayed reptilian.

So now Spider-Man confronts him and is over whelmed, almost killed by him. He's rescued by two other Spider-men that show up. They are all wearing the red and blue costumes but each one slightly different, like the differences in the costumes between the three different Spider-men in the movies. And it turns out that these Spider-men were played by Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland. They weren't clones (thank goodness) they weren't Peter Parkers or related to Peter, but they were brothers. It turns out that the brothers both had a hereditary disease that was killing them. Garfield's character was a genius and at some point he found out about this experimental serum that Oscorp had. He had no idea that the serum was derived from radioactive spiders.

After sneaking away some serum and doing some test on it with samples of his and his brother's blood, he tinkered with it and eventually dosed himself with it. When it seemed that the serum was eliminating his disease, he gave the final dose to his brother. Not too long after, both brothers began to develop much of Spider-Man's abilities. Garfield's character was more concerned about this than Holland's who thought it was "amazing" and he was a big fan of Spider-Man in the first place. Eventually both brothers made their own costumes and decided to become crime fighters.

So the three Spider-Men fight and defeat Gatorman and he's put in maximum security supervillain jail. Maguire reveals his Peter Parker identity and Garfield and Holland reveal theirs. Garfield's Spider-man asks Parker how he thought up and developed his web shooters and shows him his that he invented for him and his brother after being able to find a sample of Peter's webbing left behind by his web-slinging in the city and analyzing it. Parker smiles as he sees they are not all exactly alike in powers and shows his organic web shooting ability. The three decide to become a team.

But that's not the end of the story. Throughout this, there was another character, a mad scientist type who was obsessed with building a machine to communicate with God. He eventually builds his machine, activates it, and contacts...Galactus.

Through the machine Galactus sends a stream of his power and the scientist turns into a King Kong sized creature and begins to wreak havoc on New York. The Spider-man team go into action but they need more help. Iron Man and Thor enter the picture. They are the only original Avengers available at the time, but they've also got some new recruits. Two females, basically Ice and Fire (heh) of DC comics, plus this guy who looks and talks like Vincenzo Santorini from the Disney movie Atlantis, his ability is pretty much a super tracker with heightened smell and athletic abilities.

Together they all defeat Mad Scientist Kaiju, but the end of the movie Tony Stark discovers something chilling, the mad scientist machine has brought the attention of Galactus on Earth and he's coming.

There was even a post credit scene. Maguire/Parker takes Stark aside and says he has not stopped changing since being bitten by the radioactive spider. His internal organs have changed to a point where he can no longer eat solid food, in fact the only way he can supply sustenance to his body is from drinking blood, human blood. There's been a rash of decapitations in the city. Parker confesses to Stark it was him, but everyone he's ever killed he was sure were all "bad guys". Stark looks very worried.

There's even more. There was a teaser trailer for a new 20th Century Fox Fantastic Four reboot movie :rolleyes: . It shows four escape/stasis pods that were ejected from a space craft after being hit by cosmic rays. The pods landed in China (Fox going after the lucrative China market, the whole movie is set there). The camera pans over the four pods but you're only able to see through the window in one of them. It's Johnny Storm, but the actors for the film haven't even been cast yet so it's just a drawing. Storm is wearing the familiar blue and white costume with the 4 on the chest. He looks like Johnny Quest though, blond hair, blue eyes, about 12 years old. The trailer's main message it seemed it was trying to get across being "We're doing it right this time, please watch this, please!!!"

I even dreamed of discussing the trailer on this board. Most of cynical and disgusted with Fox believing that Fox thought the reason Fant4stic failed was because Johnny Storm was cast as a black character not because the movie just plain sucked.

So, uh, dreams are fun.

So before I fell asleep, I took a melatonin.

The dream was short but this (and it is a bit crude so beware): I was outside and inside my room at the same time, flashing. Inside I was trying to sleep. Outside I was smoking a cigarette and masturbating. (I never masturbate so I found this quite disturbing.) I was stretching my leg so that it was up and I was leaning back and forth like having sex standing up.

My next door neighbor said that he was going to report about lewd conduct to a gas station and drove off in his van.

I came inside a giant, floating to the ceiling even. My mother, father, and sister were there. I said in a voice like I took helium, "I took melatonin". My sister said, "Me too".

Then I woke up.

Sweet, a dreams discussion thread. I like describing the dreams that I can remember having, so this is perfect.

Ever since I began taking medication to treat my social anxiety in July of 2015, my dreams have become a bit more vivid. A couple nights ago, I had a crazy dream where me and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson were trapped in a house with a family of cannibals (one of which included Taylor Swift). We both fought our way through the house to escape, until The Rock chose to stay behind and sacrifice himself so that I could escape. 

Last night I dreamt that I was a henchman in a Steven Seagal movie (early Seagal not current Seagal). Me and my fellow hench-colleagues (two of which were played by Kris Kristofferson and David Morse) were riding in a van and gearing up for hitting an art-gallery where we were supposed to kidnap some lady who undoubtedly was close to Steven Seagal. We also robbed a gas-station on the way there. However I woke up just as we entered the art gallery so I never got to confront Steven Seagal.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, GallowKnight said:

Last night I dreamt that I was a henchman in a Steven Seagal movie (early Seagal not current Seagal). Me and my fellow hench-colleagues (two of which were played by Kris Kristofferson and David Morse) were riding in a van and gearing up for hitting an art-gallery where we were supposed to kidnap some lady who undoubtedly was close to Steven Seagal. We also robbed a gas-station on the way there. However I woke up just as we entered the art gallery so I never got to confront Steven Seagal.

Maybe we're on the same wavelength.

I had a dream and Steven Segal was in it as well and he was his 80's version not Doughy Seagal. He was the leader of a group of mercenaries that included Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme, and Willis...yeah I know, Seagal the leader? That's why the top billing mercs turned on Seagal leaving him with the no names. Each mercenary had a speciality, Ahnold's was guns, Stallone - demolitions, Willis - infiltration, and Van Damme - martial arts.

The climax of the dream took place on train speeding through snowy plains. Seagal had a bomb on the train and a hand held detonator. But the coup de grace was none of the mercs could get to him, it took Carrie Fisher showing up and Princess Leia style gunning down Seagal's no names then taking out the man himself and defusing the bomb.

2 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Maybe we're on the same wavelength.

I had a dream and Steven Segal was in it as well and he was his 80's version not Doughy Seagal. He was the leader of a group of mercenaries that included Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme, and Willis...yeah I know, Seagal the leader? That's why the top billing mercs turned on Seagal leaving him with the no names. Each mercenary had a speciality, Ahnold's was guns, Stallone - demolitions, Willis - infiltration, and Van Damme - martial arts.

The climax of the dream took place on train speeding through snowy plains. Seagal had a bomb on the train and a hand held detonator. But the coup de grace was none of the mercs could get to him, it took Carrie Fisher showing up and Princess Leia style gunning down Seagal's no names then taking out the man himself and defusing the bomb.

Well I guess there are worse dreams one could have about Steven Seagal.

• 3 months later...

Ok this one was surreal...well, even more surreal then usual.

In it was Patrick Warburton and Meghan Price, ok they starred in Rules of Engagement together but still, weirdly arbitrary. They were on a road trip with their kids driving across the USA. The kids were pretty much the kids Meghan had on Grounded For Life. Only I wasn't watching them in the dream, I was Warburton. 

We were stopping at fast food places as we drove cross country going through the drive-thrus. Hardees was trying out this new item, a turkey, cheese and guacamole wrap. I decided to try it. Next to me was Steve Buscemi on a classic black and silver Harley Davidson dressed like a survivalist. He was also eating a turkey wrap and when he saw I was eating one, he saluted me with his and said aren't they the greatest things ever. I smiled and nodded in agreement with him even though I thought the wrap was pretty meh.

So we left the Hardees and continued on our road trip. That night we got dinner at a Hardees again and again Steve Buscemi was there at the drive-thru on his bike. He was eating a turkey wrap again and asked why I wasn't getting another. I told him I wanted to try something else. He frowned at me.

So, due to lukewarm response Hardees decides to discontinue their turkey wrap. Next time we are at a drive-thru, not even a Hardees this time, Buscemi confronts me and screams at me "THEY STOPPED SELLING THEM AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS!"

And then no matter how far I drive, where I drive, what food place I stop at, Buscemi is there to give me trouble. He's clearly stalking us and it turns into a Cape Fear type situation, with Buscemi playing psychological games as well as intimidation. I end up looking like an asshole at best in most of these games and a cruel villain persecuting poor Buscemi at worst.

I start to see him everywhere I look. Mostly in the mirrors of the car, but then when I look for him in actuality, he's not there. The hotels we stop at always have weird noises, phone calls, knocking on doors at all hours. I can't get any real sleep, I'm exhausted, we all are, I'm panicky and jumpy all the time. And still, whenever we stop somewhere to eat, there's Buscemi on his Harley.

Finally it all comes to a head and I end up running Buscemi off the road. Somehow the authorities learn that it's Buscemi who is the instigator and also a criminal and he gets taken away.

My family and I are jubilant. We decide to celebrate. We go to Hardees. There's a new item on the menu, some new bacon sandwich. I think "what the hell!" and order it. I drive out of the drive-thru and park while we eat our food. The sandwich is freaking delicious! I look next to me and there's this guy dressed up like a survivalist on a red Harley-Davidson, but it's not Buscemi. He looks at the bacon sandwich I'm eating and salutes me with his own bacon sandwich.

I frown, take the car back to the drive-thru and order something different. Then I drive back over to the guy on the bike and throw the half eaten bacon sandwich on the ground in front of him. I say to him "Don't fuck with me, I took on Buscemi!"

The guy's eyes open wide and he puts both his hands up in a gesture of surrender.

I wake up.

You want surreal? I had a dream last night about Trump. In my dream he walked onstage, in front of a large crowd, naked. Not only that, he had a large prosthetic penis, fully erect, so he could show how manly he was. He also told everyone how large it was in centimeters  so it would sound bigger. 37 cms. to be exact. This one woke me up out of a deep sleep.  

Alright, im gonna share a dream I had several months ago. It was weird as fuck .

Im heading for my dad's house, but when I open the door, instead of my dad there's a Japanese militaryman who gives me a piece of paper with a code, he tells me not to share it with anybody. I can't hear what he is saying, but it's clear what he means.

I head back to my house and the minute I close the door I hear screaming in the streets. I open the door and I see a guy in what can only be described as half motorcycle, half wheelchair (with an exhaust that lets out flames) tearing through the streets with a shotgun in his hand. To add to that he is wearing a mask similar to that doll thing from Saw. He is blasting away, but I can't see at what. I just hear screaming.

I close the door and I walk to the kitchen, I hear it's quiet on the street and the guy in the wheelcycle rings my doorbell. I can see him through the door as it's transparant.

I open the door and even though he has the shotgun in his hand, he doesn't do anything, he just looks at me (or I think he does, again, he's wearing a mask).

I pick him up, he barely weighs anything. I cut off his head and go to my garden to bury him. The minute I toss him into the hole, I see things from his perspective (even though he is, you know, dead). Im wearing grey pants and a grey shirt, the sky is grey too and it's raining with lightning.

I finish closing the hole and I get back to my own POV. I look right from me, I see his wheelcycle. End dream.

Archived