Watch, Watched, Watching: The San Diego Sneak Preview Version

RedEyedGhost

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Also watched No Country For Old Men and original Westworld movie last night

We have Westworld cued up for viewing before we start the series. Got told that it was a scifi classic that EVERYBODY should have seen. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I watched HyperNormalisation again yesterday. People are always asking for recs for documentaries on here - well then: YOU SHOULD REALLY WATCH THIS ONE. If you are in the UK you can watch it on iplayer - it only aired on Oct 16th. If you aren't in the UK I am not sure how that works. But honestly - look it up and try watch it, it's great stuff.

1 hour ago, Isis said:

We have Westworld cued up for viewing before we start the series. Got told that it was a scifi classic that EVERYBODY should have seen. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I watched HyperNormalisation again yesterday. People are always asking for recs for documentaries on here - well then: YOU SHOULD REALLY WATCH THIS ONE. If you are in the UK you can watch it on iplayer - it only aired on Oct 16th. If you aren't in the UK I am not sure how that works. But honestly - look it up and try watch it, it's great stuff.

The movie is good but honestly very dated and a bit naff. The concept is amazing though and it's really ahead of it's time and has some fantastic moments. 

Maybe we will watch it this evening then.

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel again last night because it was on TV. Apparently it is one of those films which will need to be watched to end every time I happen across it on TV.

I have decided that Miss Peregrine's blah blah can wait for the small screen - unless anyone can convince me otherwise, while it is still on in some cinemas?

9 hours ago, Isis said:

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel again last night because it was on TV. Apparently it is one of those films which will need to be watched to end every time I happen across it on TV.

I have decided that Miss Peregrine's blah blah can wait for the small screen - unless anyone can convince me otherwise, while it is still on in some cinemas?

i liked it but it's not one i'd say you HAVE to watch on the big screen, small screen will be fine. 

again, like a lot of new tim burton stuff it's all style, not enough substance but i thought eva green was bloody fantastic in it, she's just wonderful. 

11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

i liked it but it's not one i'd say you HAVE to watch on the big screen, small screen will be fine. 

again, like a lot of new tim burton stuff it's all style, not enough substance but i thought eva green was bloody fantastic in it, she's just wonderful. 

There are just TOO MANY films out at the moment so I guess it can wait until it's out on DVD.

Last night we watched Henry IV part 1 - the same performance I had been to see at the Globe with Jamie Parker as Hal and Roger Allen as Falstaff. It's bloody brilliant but it is incredibly long. I think maybe you can catch it on iplayer still. I must say that watching it from the comfort of my sofa made it easier to follow some of the longer speeches - as opposed to sitting on a hard seat!

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm totally done with Wes Anderson. His style has become a parody now and its hard to stop myself becoming irritated by his quirkiness. GBH is a good movie but I developed an angry tick watching it!

As to Forest Gump, hello, it's supposed to be a silly look at historical events. It's a look at the things that shaped a generation of people through one person by having him be there for each. I looked at it like the movie A History of the World Part 1, except not as funny.

Currently watching Westworld and loving it. Going to have to find a way to watch the original, though I hear it's dated.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:08 PM, Nictarion said:

All I can think about when people are being critical of FG is Jay Baruchel slamming it in This Is the End, and getting labeled a hipster for doing so. :lol:

But yeah,  fuck FG. In what world is it a better movie than Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption? Gtfo.

Hmmm, I saw This Is the End and don't remember that part. I agree that those 2 are much better movies, but award shows are pretty absurd anyways. 

I saw The Accountant for whatever reason and it wasn't that good. It was predictable as hell and had lots of eye-rolling moments, but I didn't really expect much after seeing the bad reviews.

On 24/10/2016 at 11:06 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Eva green is the only reason I would consider going to see this. Reviews haven't been terrible, just average as far as I can see, so I will just wait until it's on small screen.

On 24/10/2016 at 2:03 PM, Isis said:

I loved Grand budapest Hotel. I've only seen it the once but just thinking about it after you mentioned it makes me want to rewatch. I had so much fun watching it.

This weekend we are going to go see I, Daniel Blake. Heard some very good things about it

7 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Three episodes deep into Vikings S4 and it's a bit hit or miss. Bjorn's bear fight was a bit comical after seeing what happened to Leo in The Revenant. Looking forward to seeing how Bjorn the Bear Slayer fares against the berserker (Would you like some making fuck?) in episode four.

Olaf, is that you? :lol:

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I loved Grand budapest Hotel. I've only seen it the once but just thinking about it after you mentioned it makes me want to rewatch. I had so much fun watching it.

This weekend we are going to go see I, Daniel Blake. Heard some very good things about it

Thank you, Hive Mind. Definitely waiting for the DVD. Which means I'll go to see I, Daniel Blake* and Nocturnal Animals instead. :)

The TGBH soundtrack is also brilliant. SO MUCH WHIMSY. I think you need to watch it again. I think I do as well.

*saw the trailer at the cinema last week. It looks like it is going to be wrenching. :(

Looking for a show to watch and saw Sherlock pop up on Netflix. Heard some good stuff about it and a fan of Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I'll give it a watch.

Just wrapped up the third season re-watch of Boardwalk Empire. My god I almost forgot how badass the ending was in the Artemis Club.

Caught the trailer for The Young Pope, and it looks pretty crazy? The trailer makes me think that it's probably got a decent soundtrack. I think the pilot is tonight?

Also, watched 3 episodes of S3 of Black Mirror - That ending to 'Shut Up and Dance' :o

Black Mirror is basically an exercise in the writing team saying 'we're going to do something even more fucked up than you think' at the end of every episode 

Archived