Anime

The Grey Wolf

• 4 months later...

So SDSs Season 2 just came out today and I only heard about it 5 minutes ago (Very welcome surprise). It shall not survive til Saturday morning!'

Edit: Yes Re: Zero is very entertaining. Waiting for season 2 of that just as much as One Punch Man.

Also I just discovered One Piece a few weeks ago and am now 120 episodes in. Just over 600 episodes more until I'm all caught up!

Edit 2: So I've only been able to watch the 1st episode so far. But apparently the 4 episodes Netflix released are just filler setting up the actual season 2. (Angry Face)

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Edit 2: So I've only been able to watch the 1st episode so far. But apparently the 4 episodes Netflix released are just filler setting up the actual season 2. (Angry Face)

They're from last summer and they're basically an interlude. Looks like they're calling that Season 2 though and we might be waiting for S3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/02/2017 at 9:46 PM, Pliskin said:

Netflix held off those episodes for months. It's terrible what they're doing with anime, terrible.

Netflix UK seems to have a bad habit of not warning me when they lose shows. There's been a lot of anime that disappeared before I ever got around to it (which maybe implies I wasn't that interested) and a heads-up would have been nice. Amazon does this so maybe there's an option in settings to get Netflix to warn me in future. They are pretty keen on telling me when a show starts.

Picked up a whole range of films that I have yet to see, all of them high on the list:

3 by Shinkai:

5 Centimeters per second

Garden of Words

Your Name.

Studio Ghibli:

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Only Yesterday

Ocean Waves

Also, Kingdom of Dreams and Madness, the Ghibli documentary.

Finally, all 3 Evangelion rebuild films. I also got End of Evangelion and Death and Rebirth, the OVA's from the original series, rather than watch the series itself in full.

43 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Finally, all 3 Evangelion rebuild films. I also got End of Evangelion and Death and Rebirth, the OVA's from the original series, rather than watch the series itself in full.

I'd strongly recommend watching the whole series rather than Death; it's worth it. And Rebirth is just the start of End.

Well my thinking was that I didn't quite love what I'd read in reviews about the supposed whiny behaviour of the characters but it still seems like a great show for the mecha vs Angels storyline, so I thought I'd try the shorter stuff first before having to go through 26 episodes. If I like it, I can always watch the show.

I did already like the first rebuild film, so definitely looking forward to 2 and 3.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Well my thinking was that I didn't quite love what I'd read in reviews about the supposed whiny behaviour of the characters but it still seems like a great show for the mecha vs Angels storyline, so I thought I'd try the shorter stuff first before having to go through 26 episodes. If I like it, I can always watch the show.

That... doesn't make sense. You'd spoil yourself with a summary before deciding to watch the show?
Death was, like Anime always does, just a sort of recap. To remind those who already watched the show the important stuff before watching End of Evangelion.

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I did already like the first rebuild film, so definitely looking forward to 2 and 3.

The first Rebuild film is essentially a slightly cut-down remake of the first six episodes with better animation, but #2 diverges more from the series, and #3 takes things in a totally different direction. We've still got no idea when the final film will actually be released, so if you want a complete story, the TV series is definitely the way to go for now. End of Evangelion will at best lack the impact it should have, if not be totally incomprehensible, if you don't watch the series first.

• 7 months later...

After months of One Piece being stalled with absolutely no story advancement, it seems things may actually start happening again. Think I'll give it a few weeks and before watching again.

Also, in Dragon Ball Super Hit went down waaaaay to easy. He should've improved once or twice against Jiren at the very least.

I'm about 30 episodes into watching the last 150 episodes of Naruto Shipuuden after a few years off it. I never thought I'd say it but some of the filler material has been more entertaining than the canon stuff. I'm almost finished the Obito/Madara vs everyone arc (which is how i lost interest a few years ago). But the Kakashi/Itachi background filler was good - probably because they knew how to end a storyline before outstaying it's welcome. The main storyline seems to be running slower than "real time" in the sense I think it's taken 5 hours of viewing for 2 hours to pass within the show.

But I'm still a sucker for the show and when it works it's still one of my favourite animes. Just a shame it makes you wait for those moments at this point in the show.

Netflix brought a few anime back recently eg FMA:Brotherhood. Who knows how long it'll remain there.

There's a few films I keep intending to watch. "A silent voice" sounds intriguing being from the perspective of a bully who ruins his life by being a bully. "the red turtle" also seems intriguing. "boy and beast" is one I've heard good things about.

On 11/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, red snow said:

I'm about 30 episodes into watching the last 150 episodes of Naruto Shipuuden after a few years off it. I never thought I'd say it but some of the filler material has been more entertaining than the canon stuff. I'm almost finished the Obito/Madara vs everyone arc (which is how i lost interest a few years ago). But the Kakashi/Itachi background filler was good - probably because they knew how to end a storyline before outstaying it's welcome. The main storyline seems to be running slower than "real time" in the sense I think it's taken 5 hours of viewing for 2 hours to pass within the show.

But I'm still a sucker for the show and when it works it's still one of my favourite animes. Just a shame it makes you wait for those moments at this point in the show.

Netflix brought a few anime back recently eg FMA:Brotherhood. Who knows how long it'll remain there.

There's a few films I keep intending to watch. "A silent voice" sounds intriguing being from the perspective of a bully who ruins his life by being a bully. "the red turtle" also seems intriguing. "boy and beast" is one I've heard good things about.

What would you tell someone who has not yet invested a single second into Naruro. Yay or Nay?

Archived