Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

The Reach, the kingdom with [numbers, food, and money] that kept the Lannisters in power on the Throne, and Dorne, both at full strength, obliterated by a depleted Lannister army with no money?  You have got to be kidding me.

That and Dany still hasn't taken the Iron Throne/King's Landing by season's end.  Just wow.

On the Greyjoy storyline:  No comment.

Did you expect smooth sailing for her like in Essos? That'd have people's blood boiling.

I'm glad if Westeros proves to not be a pushover like Essos. They have organized armies and good battle commanders after all.

Not to mention, she'll be distracted by what's up North. That HOTU vision basically foreshadowed she will not sit on the IT, because of what's beyond The Wall.

Without seeing how everything plays out, all the details and context, it's hard to judge things based on vague dry text from a fourth hand's account.

I'm doubting some of those spoilers (mainly those from Northern Ireland's filming) and they won't be confirmed one way or the other until the actual season.

Here's photos of Jon reuniting with Tyrion. He has Northern soldiers with him. 

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3792372/kit-harington-peter-dinklage-game-of-thrones-beach-scene-03/

6 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:
  Hide contents

What???? But it's a sea battle involving the Greyjoys....how does Jaime come in? Theon jumps in the water or something right?

Spoiler

That is said to happen aswell. Jaime gets pushed out of the way by Bronn when Drogon attacks

10 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I wonder if that's part of a scene or if Kit is just messing around with the props.

I think it must be the props, yeah. 

What is notable, though, that he seemingly doesn't have Longclaw on him, lending some legitimacy to this "leak"

21 minutes ago, Ruhail said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is said to happen aswell. Jaime gets pushed out of the way by Bronn when Drogon attacks

If this is true then they have truly lost every ounce of sense.

Boy these spoilers have me mad but not as mad about how much of an afterthought the Dorne and Highgarden stuff is being wrapped up 

Boo if Dany and Jon actually hook up 

I thought showJon had much better taste than to fall for the pitfalls of bookJon

3 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO people themselves are behind these "leaks" to the public. It creates buzz for the show during off-season, plus also if legit leaks come by, it becomes harder to believe or take seriously, because these rubbish "leaks" are being kind of "confirmed" in the minds of the fans because of the photos coming out. Pretty clever if it so, I'd say. 

That way, they don't have to be secretive about filming, because whatever is really happening in the scene, a few photos of so-and-so characters together at these sets would be enough to convince people - or atleast plant doubt - that the leaks are true.

It would be a brilliant strategy on their part.  

2 hours ago, Evarei said:

Did you expect smooth sailing for her like in Essos? That'd have people's blood boiling.

Tbh, the most obvious expected thing at this point would be an excellent subversion from expecting the unexpected.  So yes, I wanted Dany to steamroll Westeros or at least KL.  It's right next to Dragonstone.......

3 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The Reach, the kingdom with [numbers, food, and money] that kept the Lannisters in power on the Throne, and Dorne, both at full strength, obliterated by a depleted Lannister army with no money?  You have got to be kidding me.

That and Dany still hasn't taken the Iron Throne/King's Landing by season's end.  Just wow.

On the Greyjoy storyline:  No comment.

Show changed it so that the North(lol) and the Westerlands(lol) have the biggest and most powerful armies.

What makes me more upset than the Reach, Dornish, and Ironborn armies proving themselves useless is that the Dothraki will distinguish themselves better and make up the bulk of her forces. The bulk of Dany's armies should be Westerosi period.

No, it's stated multiple times in ShowVerse (i.e. by Olenna) that without the resources of the Tyrells, the Lannisters have no footing to rule the Realm.  The Lannisters mines are completely dry and the Crown is in massive debt, while the Reach has money, all stated in the show.

But we'll just ignore all that next year. by the looks of things.

Jon and Tyrion reuniting is really interesting. I'm curious on how their relationship (since they parted on good terms) will go after everything that has happened. And I really don't want Jon and Dany hooking up, but I'll go for them any day over a Jon and Sansa pairing.

And there's NI filming news! WotW has recently posted about a snowy set they are constructing in the Mourns Mountains. Is it for a scene beyond the wall with the white walkers? Or a snowy Riverlands scene perhaps? I can't wait for more NI filming news. We have plenty of Spain spoilers already (and more coming since they'll be filming there for awhile more). And it looks like the directors are thus:

Podeswa (spelling?) for episodes 1 and 2

Myloyd for episodes 3 and 4, meaning he's directing the meetings between Jon/Dany/Tyrion...

Shakman (new director) for episode 5

and Taylor for episodes 6 and 7

3 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I think it must be the props, yeah. h

What is notable, though, that he seemingly doesn't have Longclaw on him, lending some legitimacy to this "leak"

If this is true then they have truly lost every ounce of sense.

I wouldn't put too much meaning behind the not having Longclaw with him thing. He didn't have it with him when he visited Lady Mormont and Lord Glover in Season 6. And yeah I could see Kit playing with the props. 

I'm pretty sure Dany's guards wouldn't allow him to talk to her alone when he's armed, but Tyrion doesn't look hostile towards Jon in the pictures. 

10 minutes ago, WolfOfWinter said:
  Hide contents

So Dany loses everyone except the Dothraki and Ironborn?

What was the point of the alliances last season? 

The main reason I think most of the leaks are false is due to the fact that they lead to pointless story lines. However, I think once or twice some story lines on the show have been more or less pointless (Dorne) so they could still be true. 

Could be that some of the lesser reach lords joins Lannister instead of Dany. We already knows that Tarly refuses to bend knee. 

If the Lannister gets support from Tarlys and others Cersei might get a bigger army than Olenna. 

Archived