Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

58 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

Doesn't matter. The Northern lords in the show chose Snow over Stark, as illogical as it may appear under the circumstances. It does Bran little good he is the oldest male Stark, Jon has been acclaimed their leader, Snow or not,  and it would make the whole thing even dumber if they changed their decision a few weeks later. Why even bother with it then?

Anyway, assuming that Book Jon was legitimized by Robb's will, in the past GRRM let himself be heard on the matter of legitimized male bastards vs their trueborn sisters and trueborn younger brothers, and he basically stated that the Westerosi laws and customs are unclear in regards as to who is the "rightful" heir is in such a case. Both Bran and Jon would have a good claim.

(Edit: That's why Book Catelyn was so set against Robb naming Jon. She knew he might be kinda opening Pandora's box here.)

I still think Jon's kingship has something to do with being male and fighting brave (by no mean bad things, I'm not saying he's not worthy of kingship) and Sansa's marriages than Stark/Snow issues. But if Bran's reappearance doesn't change things they're really bringing his character down to, as someone before me said, 'an exposition machine'. I know the situation with legitimized bastards and trueborn younger sons, however, we should keep in mind that it suggest some kind of animosity, rivalry between siblings, which is not present here. It would be arrogant of Jon if he at least does not consider passing his title to Bran. Jon can always be appointed as a regent/commander (but we all know it won't come to this). I'm just trying to squeeze some law logic into this fine mess of a show. 

1 minute ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Where did you find about Aegon???

Leaks.

Jon's name is Aegon and Rhaegar annulled his first marriage with Elia further butchering Dorne. THey laready mnetiopned Prince Aegon on the show but fuck continuity. Rhaegar and Lyanna were married and Jon is rightful heir to Iron Throne. Sam and Gily will find out in Citadel, mainly Gilly who mentioned Ragar or something in old papers. Sam will not pay attention until later on on figured it out. Sam and Bran wil piece together Jon's parentage.

3 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Leaks.

Hide contents

Jon's name is Aegon and Rhaegar annulled his first marriage with Elia further butchering Dorne. THey laready mnetiopned Prince Aegon on the show but fuck continuity. Rhaegar and Lyanna were married and Jon is rightful heir to Iron Throne. Sam and Gily will find out in Citadel, mainly Gilly who mentioned Ragar or something in old papers. Sam will not pay attention until later on on figured it out. Sam and Bran wil piece together Jon's parentage.

My eyeeeees! Why did I read this????

Seems that Oberyn didn't know about Elia's marriage.

2 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Leaks.

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone's secret name is

Spoiler

Aegon

they just don't know it.

17 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Leaks.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm blind.

Spoiler

Not Aegon. This will be a mess.

39 minutes ago, The Princess of Ghosts said:

I still think Jon's kingship has something to do with being male and fighting brave (by no mean bad things, I'm not saying he's not worthy of kingship) and Sansa's marriages than Stark/Snow issues. But if Bran's reappearance doesn't change things they're really bringing his character down to, as someone before me said, 'an exposition machine'. I know the situation with legitimized bastards and trueborn younger sons, however, we should keep in mind that it suggest some kind of animosity, rivalry between siblings, which is not present here. It would be arrogant of Jon if he at least does not consider passing his title to Bran. Jon can always be appointed as a regent/commander (but we all know it won't come to this). I'm just trying to squeeze some law logic into this fine mess of a show. 

Well, it seems that

Jon will leave Winterfell before Bran even appears on the horizon, and later on he will step down to Dany and recognize her as his Queen? (Unless I'm mixing different persons' leaks or 'leaks' together.) The North changing its mind would take Jon's authority to make such a vital political decision away, and it would complicate things needlessly.

Anyhow, if this happens, Jon has nothing to give to Bran. Lady of Winterfell is already Sansa, so it's her who should step down, theoretically. As for other functions, if Dany is Queen, then it's up to her who she chooses for her Warden of the North. In which case I'd say that Jon as an able-bodied, adult man with leadership experience whom she already knows make more sense then a disabled teenager she does not know.

We've actually seen in AGoT that the Warden of a certain region doesn't always equal the reigning lord in the same region. After Jon Arryn's death, Robert Baratheon wanted to give the title to Jaime Lannister (of all people!) instead of Sweetrobin, since Robin was only a little sickly child, and the Warden of the East is a military title of great importance.

So, Sansa or Bran may get Winterfell, but Jon could still be the de facto ruler/Dany's top manager/administrator/general in the North/ whatever you want to call it. After all, apparently he's her partner in the negotiations.

At least I think it would logical development, going from here. Dunno.

38 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Leaks.

Hide contents

Yep, quality right there...

I truly hope the books are a VERY different animal

13 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is apparently what we got from fAegon's storyline. it will be partly miixed with Jon's. OMFG. I really really hope at least 50% of these leaks are bs.

I hope it's 99,9% but some of it is reenforced by filming pics leaked as of late... this really screams "let's give the masses what they want, tired iout cliches, with some aunt-nephew lovin"

Archived