Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

personally, i think jon trying to unite everyone against the WWs is very in-character. he's always seen the greater good. it's very idealistic, but that's who jon is. i'm sure sansa will be a lot more wary of trusting cersei, but jon wil probably think the queen will understand the need for a truce. 

16 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I didn't know that about Maisie...didn't find out that she's filming a movie in NYC on google.  Odd. So Winterfell scenes may all over be done filming? Ok now I'm really hoping Arya is part of the wight hunt somehow (I know I'm searching here).

And you bring up some good points about an Arya and Jon reunion. I have hated that D and D have not had Jon mention Arya since ep 2 of season 1. I don't understand it. I know most of their thoughts about each other are internal but they have mentioned each other to several characters. They ruined their relationship to each other with making Sansa the fake Arya and Jon not dying for 'Arya'. I guess Arya getting defensive over Jon with Sansa, and Jon finally talking about Arya to those other characters...I actually like it. Then in season 8 we can get the big emotional scene. However part of me feels like it may be too late.

Instagram can be more useful than google sometimes (too bad they never post their source...). Photo was taken on Sunday. I don't know how long it'll take this movie to film though. She was at the London premiere of the new Harry Potter film today, so either she took a quick break for an appearance or they're done already. 

I didn't mean to imply that they're finished filming scenes in Winterfell, just that it's no longer their current priority. They're probably waiting for colder weather before they start back up again. Kit was seen in Belfast on Thursday, but I don't know if he's been filming steadily since then or left. If he is still filming, then that definitely posts to Jon and Arya not having scenes together. Team Dragonstone and Winterfell aren't the only storylines they need to film. John Bradley and Isaac should still have separate scenes to occupy time.

I've seen people say they're "saving the best for last" re: the Jon/Arya reunion, but if they were doing that they missed the timing. Jon/Sansa and Jon/Dany were the relationships they wanted to tell, anything involving Jon with Arya and Bran are just afterthoughts to D&D. There's not enough time in season 8 for their reunions to be anything other than rushed. I'm only clinging to the possibility that they'll have a chance to talk about each other this season because it's the best I can hope for from the show at this point. Maybe on the sex boat ride home we can get a conversation between him and Dany about his family.

8 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Grow up.  And I reported you BTW.  I am truly getting tired of having to deal with teenage boy tantrums.  Let me guess that you are all about the alt-right.  

i just spit out my drink 

10 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Grow up.  And I reported you BTW.  I am truly getting tired of having to deal with teenage boy tantrums.  Let me guess that you are all about the alt-right.  

And I am truly getting tired of everyone of your posts stating Jon is a moron, jon is dumb, etc etc. OH, and I reported you as well about your alt-right comment. Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Silverscream said:

Instagram can be more useful than google sometimes (too bad they never post their source...). Photo was taken on Sunday. I don't know how long it'll take this movie to film though. She was at the London premiere of the new Harry Potter film today, so either she took a quick break for an appearance or they're done already. 

I didn't mean to imply that they're finished filming scenes in Winterfell, just that it's no longer their current priority. They're probably waiting for colder weather before they start back up again. Kit was seen in Belfast on Thursday, but I don't know if he's been filming steadily since then or left. If he is still filming, then that definitely posts to Jon and Arya not having scenes together. Team Dragonstone and Winterfell aren't the only storylines they need to film. John Bradley and Isaac should still have separate scenes to occupy time.

I've seen people say they're "saving the best for last" re: the Jon/Arya reunion, but if they were doing that they missed the timing. Jon/Sansa and Jon/Dany were the relationships they wanted to tell, anything involving Jon with Arya and Bran are just afterthoughts to D&D. There's not enough time in season 8 for their reunions to be anything other than rushed. I'm only clinging to the possibility that they'll have a chance to talk about each other this season because it's the best I can hope for from the show at this point. Maybe on the sex boat ride home we can get a conversation between him and Dany about his family.

Oh! I didn't realize it was the Forest of Hands and Teeth movie. That movie has been in production for a long time. Thanks.

Why do you think they wanted to focus on Jon and Sansa suddenly? I honestly don't understand their sudden fascination with Sansa - it came out of the blue to me (because Sansa isn't doing much of anything book wise at the moment. That could well change in Winds, but I don't see Sansa saving Jon to reclaiming Winterfell in Winds. Who really knows at this point though). And I don't want the Jon and Arya reunion to be rushed! This can not happen.

On a different note... who here thinks that the Iron Throne will be destroyed? I think it will whether by dragon/wild fire, the Other's, or just the end of monarchy. Westeros is in need of a more 'modern' renaissance.

so my understanding of Cersei's political manuevering is this:

she arranges an alliance with Euron Greyjoy

she arranges an alliance with Randyll Tarly

she bullies/manipulates/seduces Jaime into doing her bidding

the iron bank comes to call in its debts

cersei orders jaime to sack highgarden and plunder its riches, in order to appease the iron bank. we know this plan fails, so i wouldn't be surprised if she just gives up and kills tycho nestoris. 

something happens at casterly rock

somehow, she agrees to allow Jon, Dany, and co. into the city. they have a meeting in the dragonpit, where Jon shows cersei a wight. she agrees to a ceasefire in order to fight the white walkers. however, she is lying and is actually going to let the starkgaryens and the wights destroy each other. 

3 hours ago, kg1982 said:

It depends.. A Jon-Arya reunion is better than Arya coming home and Jon finding out about it when he is flirting with Dany on Dragonstone.  Jon needs to be there when Arya comes home.  Sorry but that is not a second hand raven sort of reunion.

To be fair, Martin purposely plays against the sentimental, neat story threads.  He never likes giving the reader what they want.  Which makes me think that Jon and Arya just missing each other is quite plausible.  I imagine the whole Daenerys and Jon romance will also be subject to this proclivity of his.  There is no way they both survive the series. 

2 hours ago, dsug said:

so my understanding of Cersei's political manuevering is this . . . 

If Cersei's story arc sounds like a mess, that makes a lot of sense.  Of the principal cast, hers is the story undoubtedly the most divergent from her book version.  If I had to speculate, the television character is a strange agglomeration of her story from the text combined with the plot function that the false Aegon serves in the narrative.  It makes for a messy fit and ends up sacrificing a ton of logical cohesiveness for expediency. 

6 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Yeah I'm not gonna waste my time repeating all the stuff the leaker got  wrong.  Do a search in this thread, you missed the party.  

I mean, your "highly unlikely" bit had me LOL 

The scene Bran filmed may not be in Winterfell  but it was from ep1. That is obvious with the director also photographed on that set. Arya is wearing Stark clothes, so whatever she is filming for ep 1 it's in the North. Oh look, the rest of the Winterfell cast is there too! But lets assume Arya is walking around in Northern clothes shooting somewhere else because some random ass dude on the Internet said Arya was back in Winterfell in ep 4 even though she is filming ep1 stuff right before our eyes. He said this before we got the pics of her on set looking like a Stark again. Oops. 

;);)

Is it really that difficult to believe they could have shot certain scenes out of sequence since they wanted to film all scenes involving a certain set in as few filming periods as possible? You know, like almost every film production. 

Archived