Am I The Only One Around Here Who V.2

siyxx

No, not at all. I think the skeletons were stupid. They have plenty of newly killed bodies to throw around. The skeletons should come later. It makes the odds too easy if they're already running out of fresh kills and digging up old corpses.

AITTOAHW really hopes Lord Manderly survived the tumult at Winterfell? 

You are absolutely not alone. Greywater Watch has to be one of the biggest question marks we have still. Too little knowledge to go from and too much speculation has made the castle seem almost unreal, and we just want to see how it actually works.

AITOOAHW has taken a break from reading the novels within the last month?

I'm sure you're not. I, on the other hand, love them. As a crackpot theorist, I always have the hope that something helpful will be in one of those sample chapters.  As a writer, I think it's a good way to keep people interested between books and wish I'd thought of it first. 

AITOOAHW wonders if Westeros has a non-maester equivalent to our meteorologists, and if they're wrong as often as ours are?

You may be the only one who has wondered about that here on this game. Though, with millions of people having watched the show and perhaps millions (I do not have a clue as to the numbers) having read the books, there are possibly others (maybe meteorologists) who have wondered the same thing.

BTW, @Lady Blizzardborn have you written anything I may have heard of? Usually, I do not go out searching for a book no one has read, I tend to read books that have received lots of attention (or at least a recommendation) before I will try it.

Am I the only one around here who would like to see how good a smith Gendry really is?

@Raisin Bran probably not. Few people have heard of me or my books. Once the kids are grown (or doing a lot better in the case of my middle two) I should be able to devote more time to getting the word out and connecting with more readers.

Actually, I would like to see what Gendry can do. Did Tobho Mott teach him to rework Valyrian Steel? Will he be needed to forge a new Lightbringer, or reforge the old one? Is he Azor Ahai Reborn? And when is he coming back into the story (GRRM said he would, but not a word on how soon)?

AITOOAHW has even remotely thought of Gendry as an AAR candidate?

On 2017. 01. 30. at 10:38 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'm sure you're not. I, on the other hand, love them. As a crackpot theorist, I always have the hope that something helpful will be in one of those sample chapters.  As a writer, I think it's a good way to keep people interested between books and wish I'd thought of it first. 

As a reader I can confirm it isn't  :D Kidding, that's Just my opinion, a lot of people love them. 

And yeah, I hope you are the only one who considered gendry as AA.

am I the only one around here who hated the high sparrow more than I hated Cersei and Joffrey combined? He was about the most disgusting person there. 

Probably not. Many people dislike the religious self-righteous sort. I personally find him entertaining (like Cersei and Joffrey), and he's got a point about the suffering of common people (and Cersei is right that him and his followers are hypocrites).

Am I the only one around here who wishes the fake history books were centered on houses other than Targaryen (Lannister, Stark, Hightower, anything)?

I know you're not alone on that. But it does make sense that the fake history book of a medieval kingdom would focus on the ruling family, especially since they had dragons.

AITOOAHW wonders what all kinds of fantastic books and scrolls were lost when Ramsay torched Winterfell? I vaguely remember Tyrion talking about something they had there that was really rare. I hope they didn't lose the only record of how to defeat the Others.

I did also wonder about that, though maybe not as much as others.

With regard to a potential record of defeating the Others, I would think that it would have been written in the Old Tongue and may have been lost Millenia before. If it somehow survived the ages and was copied to the Common Tongue, yes the loss of that record would be unimaginably horrid.

AITOOAHW wonders if the burning of books, e.g. the library fire in AGoT (the record may have burned before Ramsay ever stepped foot in Winterfell), Roose burning the book in Harrenhal in ACoK is symbolic?

Probably not. But it depends on which dragons. If you mean all three, well Drogon hasn't been confined or put on a daily ration so he should be the biggest. Per our present dragonlore knowledge a dragon that is confined and not allowed to feed at will won't grow as quickly or as large as the ones who have free rein, so to speak.

AITOOAHW in reading over the last few days' worth of answers has just realized that if House Bolton is indeed descended from Others/Night's King, as has been suggested occasionally, then the burning of Winterfell (when added to Roose's book burning tendencies) takes on a whole new significance in light of what books/scrolls might have been housed in the Stark's seat? What better way to ditch anything dangerous to the Boltons in the library than burning the whole thing down and pinning it on Theon?

Erm... that sounds like a horrible waste. Just get rid of the books/scrolls you don't need. Why would I burn down my apartment if I want to clean my closet of the pink furry cardigans that would compromise me in front of my friends? 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't want the Stark kids (at least not all of them) to reunite? 

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Erm... that sounds like a horrible waste. Just get rid of the books/scrolls you don't need. Why would I burn down my apartment if I want to clean my closet of the pink furry cardigans that would compromise me in front of my friends? 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't want the Stark kids (at least not all of them) to reunite? 

Yes, you're the only one who doesn't want that. Just kidding. I know of at least one other person who doesn't, but he or she is anti-Stark to an irrational degree so I wouldn't think you two would have the same reasons.

Of course you wouldn't burn down your own apartment, or even your enemy's apartment, and Roose would agree with you--but Ramsay would totally do that. Looking at it from his perspective it was a time saver, and with Theon to blame he was able to deal a brutal blow to an ancient enemy of his own house without any repercussions against himself. Actually not bad thinking, but it still ended up biting him in the backside as he then claimed a mere shell of a castle in his bride's fake name. Could have had the whole thing if only he listened to his father and learned some subtlety. 

AITOOAHW seems to have forgotten myriad tiny details from the text, and as a result makes fun discoveries when searching for answers for the games?

No, you're not alone in that. It has been nearly three years since I last did a complete re-read of the books, so I have forgotten many details that come up in this thread. I'm planning on doing another re-read this your though. 

Am I the only one around here who is a total Arianne stan? She's one of my favourite charactets, but I haven't encountered that many Arianne fans in the fandom yet. 

I am sure you are not alone. And if you were to take your thoughts over to the "League of Thrones" thread, you could put a wrench in the works. I do like a lot of the popular characters and probably for many of the same reasons other people do, but that does not mean they do not have their own faults.

Am I the only one around here who would like to know where/how Bloodraven got his greenseer/skinchanger training, before he went to the COTF. He was a very competent master of whispers/spymaster for a reason.

Archived