The Flash - The answer to every problem? Run faster.

MisterOJ

I'm fa

2 hours ago, Quoth said:

Well, I didn't expect that at all...

Will there be some sort of resurrection?

H.R. and that transmogriwhatsis allowing him to sub for Iris is the theory I'm favoring.  

Anyway, regardless, all Barry really has to do is not create any time remnants for the (presumably) final confrontation with Savitar.

So, if that Argus facility has a field in place that stops all meta powers, why not just ask if they can put Iris in there until after the night she originally died or until they stop Savitar for good, even?  They've done a lot of dumb things on this show, but that one just about broke me.

9 hours ago, DivisionByZero said:

So, if that Argus facility has a field in place that stops all meta powers, why not just ask if they can put Iris in there until after the night she originally died or until they stop Savitar for good, even?  They've done a lot of dumb things on this show, but that one just about broke me.

Also, once they know Savitar is (sort of) future Barry, all they have to do is have someone take Iris somewhere else and don't let Barry ever know where she is.

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Also, once they know Savitar is (sort of) future Barry, all they have to do is have someone take Iris somewhere else and don't let Barry ever know where she is.

Unless my memory's fuzzy, that's what they did; they didn't tell Barry she was on Earth-2 until after Savitar tricked them and took Iris.

Also, that power dampener thing was an excuse to get Snart into the episode.

So to paraphrase Joe, this season wasn't so much about saving Iris but more about saving Barry.

Was not expecting that, and kinda makes me see this season in a somewhat new light.

Well, here's hoping they actually pull off his redemption (and by extension, the show's) next season.

Eta:

Savitar here reminded me of AIDA over at Agents of Shield where they went into two-d supervillain mode and lost whatever grayness they had 'cause it's the last episode of the season and it was time to get rid of them.

KoA, You called it about H.R. With hindsight it was obvious as Barry highlighted the device during the break in. But I'm pretty oblivious.

Didn't see the ending coming. quite a bit of a downer.

I thought the ending encapsulated all the best and the worst of the Flash as a whole.  

I didn't get to watch until the end, a d while tried to avoid spoilers, I was tipped off to what went down with Barry, just not how. I thought it would have a little more impact on the why it happened...that said, I'll be interested in how they start next season...I mean, it isn't that much of a cliffhanger that Barry is gone, because the newspaper byline And headline from the future gives (some) indication he comes back, which we know anyway. It's the "how" that interests me.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Come on people, i'm not watching the new season unless everyone else commits to it, so it can be ripped to shreds en masse.

The last bastion of the thread. Admirable.

I'm went cold turkey on Arrowverse last year and have been clean since. Have to admit I just dropped in here to read some entertaining trashing. Maybe it's no longer funny?

I'm still watching these shows, but I don't really have an interest in discussing them. They're bad, but often entertaining, and I usually don't have better things to do when they air. On that note, I am annoyed they moved Arrow to Thursdays, as now there is break between it, and the others.

8 hours ago, Quoth said:

Cute ep of Flash last night. Introduced Plastic Man. Usual silliness, but entertaining nonetheless.

That was actually Elongated Man...

And there is still bumps, but Flash does seem to have gotten it's groove back.  Who doesn't love Danny Trejo? 

Archived