U.S. Elections: 9,444 days

lokisnow

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

ps you missed the chance to call it a semenal moment. You're welcome.

Nope. The word is derived from the word semen. No need to cannibalize the spelling in order to use it in a dick joke...

https://encrypted.google.com/search?{google:acceptedSuggestion}oq=seminal+word+origins&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=seminal+word+origins

1 hour ago, Ariadne23 said:

Is it really too much to ask that everything in the 2016 election not trace back to somebody's dick?

Try and imagine a world where Hillary brags about being able to grab dick whenever she wants on tape, several men accuse her of grabbing dick, a male journalist then accuses Melania of humping his neck, and then the FBI finds emails about Trump being in contact with Assange while investigating Katrina Pierson for sexting photos of her vajay to underage boys with her toddler in bed next to her.

Hell, imagine the likelihood of a woman running for president who is twice divorced, has five children from three different men and has a sketchy business record. I'm sure there wouldn't be any barriers for such a person to seek higher office. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Nope. The word is derived from the word semen. No need to cannibalize the spelling in order to use it in a dick joke...

https://encrypted.google.com/search?{google:acceptedSuggestion}oq=seminal+word+origins&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=seminal+word+origins

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

And I thought Trump was the mud magnet...Interesting to know that Huma Abedin has suspect ties to Saudia Arabia. Perhaps Comey is hedging his bets and doesn't want to face the wrath of President Trump in the increasingly likely event of a Hillary defeat. If Hillary wins Comey can absolve her once again. If she loses he can do his job properly this time and find her guilty.

4 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

And I thought Trump was the mud magnet...Interesting to know that Huma Abedin has suspect ties to Saudia Arabia. Perhaps Comey is hedging his bets and doesn't want to face the wrath of President Trump in the increasingly likely event of a Hillary defeat. If Hillary wins Comey can absolve her once again. If she loses he can do his job properly this time and find her guilty.

Wow...you really have some amazing news sources. Abedin has 'suspect ties' to Saudi Arabia? 

Today sucked for news, but mostly it just reminded me about what a complete shitshow of an election we have this year. We have the headline that emails related to an FBI investigation were found in an unrelated investigation of sexting a 15 year old. And that is causing some people to actually jump for joy, so they can have a president who has 13 different women who have accused him of sexual assault, including two new ones today.

Fucking hell.

24 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Oh good, what we need in this situation is the calm of Rush Limbaugh saying that the emails...are just a distraction from the REAL problem, which is wikileaks.

To be fair if you ask me, whether or not John Podesta has enough Creme Fraiche is more important than reviewing Anthony Weiner's online seduction tactics. 

A friend of mine posted something to this effect on his Facebook page:

I love watching the evolving headlines on the major news sites for the same story over the course of a few hours:

"FBI Reopens Clinton Email Investigation!" 
"FBI Considers Reopening Clinton Email Investigation!" 
"FBI Reviewing New Clinton Emails" 
"FBI Reviewing Weiner Emails Related to Clinton" 
"FBI Reviews New Emails"

I expect by the end of the day the headline will read:
"FBI Janitor Looking at Cat Video on Facebook featuring Lady Who Resembles Clinton".

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Wow...you really have some amazing news sources. Abedin has 'suspect ties' to Saudi Arabia? 

Today sucked for news, but mostly it just reminded me about what a complete shitshow of an election we have this year. We have the headline that emails related to an FBI investigation were found in an unrelated investigation of sexting a 15 year old. And that is causing some people to actually jump for joy, so they can have a president who has 13 different women who have accused him of sexual assault, including two new ones today.

Fucking hell.

I haven't fully looked at Huma's Saudi connections, but I believe she is linked to dodgy Saudi organisations/individuals implicated in 9/11.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Interestingly Clinton has called for the immediate release of all of the emails that the FBI has, which is a really interesting take if you think that they are at all dangerous. 

Calling for their release is a bluff, if she becomes President it doesn't matter. If she doesn't become President then she is at Trump's mercy and he has vowed to re-investigate her anyway.

Just now, Altherion said:

Is it possible for the FBI to release the emails before reviewing them? I would assume that they have to check the content first and this would probably take longer than the six workdays we have before the election.

It is possible, given that they aren't from the private server at all. I would find it unlikely. The rumor I've heard is that they require a warrant just to look at them, since they weren't investigating Huma, and the emails don't have Weiner on them at all. 

My suspicion is that they cannot be released to the public directly unless Huma specifically gives them that right AND they're reviewed by the various alphabet agencies to make sure that they contain no classified information. Which is probably what should have been done from the start before announcing anything to the public. 

17 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

I haven't fully looked at Huma's Saudi connections, but I believe she is linked to dodgy Saudi organisations/individuals implicated in 9/11.

Yep, and all of it is complete bullshit, like usual

17 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Calling for their release is a bluff, if she becomes President it doesn't matter. If she doesn't become President then she is at Trump's mercy and he has vowed to re-investigate her anyway.

I don't think you understand what a 'bluff' is. 

If the emails are released right now, and they contain serious issues, Comey is going to recommend to press charges. She isn't free and clear after the election regardless of who wins, as it is an open investigation (and has remained so). And by asking for (and potentially getting) the emails, she is basically trusting that they are not problematic whatever is in them. 

She has no authority to make Comey resign, and chances are good she wouldn't do that anyway simply because of how bad it looks. But she can't make him resign in any way. So he's free to investigate the case as he sees fit - which he certainly would continue to do. 

If Clinton becomes President she cannot ignore his findings, and she cannot stop him from releasing them. And at that point it doesn't matter if the DoJ chooses not to indict - because there will be evidence to impeach, which is also independent of Clinton. If the FBI found violation of the Espionage Act or of perjury she'd almost certainly be impeached regardless of who controls the house - and chances are still very strong that Republicans would control it. 

So basically what you're implying is that as President Clinton can control the FBI (she can't), can control the DoJ (only in a very loose sense), and can control the House (not even close). And that she is willing to risk impeachment in order to...uh...look good for a few days?

Whereas if Trump gets into office he'll find that investigating 'her' doesn't work, period; you investigate crimes, not people. If he decides to violate that law chances are good the DoJ will resign on the spot, and congress will call for impeachment (they might not get it, but they'll call for it) or call on SCOTUS to make a decision on the violation of executive power done. 

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

So, since the FBI is (I assume) part of the executive branch can HRC fire this fuckwit?

Nope. Or at least not easily. Bill Clinton removed Sessions because of allegations he was using resources improperly for personal benefit. In general you need to show cause to fire, and that cause is based on pretty big violations. It would be tough to ding Comey on what he's done so far. 

The President and others can put a lot of pressure on them to resign, but firing doesn't usually happen without cause. 

I do say 'usually' because in theory the President can just dump whomever. If that was done to Comey as a response to this, however - especially by Clinton, it would likely cause a riot in the FBI. 

Archived