U.S. Elections: 9,444 days

lokisnow

3 minutes ago, Fez said:

Its Anthony Weiner's phone; which was being looked at in the heretofore completely separate sexting investigation.

2016. Can't make this shit up anymore.

so, odds on whether or not Bill was emailing dick pics to world leaders and/or diplomatic corps?

Just now, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

do you have a source for that? I thought it was just a joke on Matt Yglesias's part.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Federal law enforcement officials said Friday that the new emails uncovered in the closed investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server were discovered after the F.B.I. seized electronic devices belonging to Huma Abedin, a top aide to Mrs. Clinton, and her husband, Anthony Weiner.

The F.B.I. is investigating illicit text messages that Mr. Weiner sent to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina. The bureau told Congress on Friday that it had uncovered new emails related to the Clinton case — one federal official said they numbered in the thousands — potentially reigniting an issue that has weighed on the presidential campaign and offering a lifeline to Donald J. Trump less than two weeks before the election.

Its possible that its a computer and not a phone; but its Weiner's. 

Also, the New York Times hasn't fully updated the story yet; but it sounds like this is in fact about 3 emails; which were not sent from Clinton and were not on her server. So I'm not clear yet how this actually relates to Clinton at all.

It does seem like media coverage has started to calm down a tiny bit; hopefully much more so by the evening news hour.

What if the underage girl he was texting with was a Russian spy?

Anyway, I think this e-mail thing should blow over, its hardly a smoking gun. However, it just adds to my annoyance with Clinton for putting herself in this position. Cant look forward to 4 more years of technically legal but shady stuff this administration will result in.

Just now, IheartIheartTesla said:

What if the underage girl he was texting with was a Russian spy?

Anyway, I think this e-mail thing should blow over, its hardly a smoking gun. However, it just adds to my annoyance with Clinton for putting herself in this position. Cant look forward to 4 more years of technically legal but shady stuff this administration will result in.

Its not technically legal though... Its definitively ILLEGAL.  I have friends who were congressional staffers that had co-workers convicted for far less.

I didn't agree with Bernie on a lot of things, but he was absolutely right on one thing:  "The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."

At some point, I almost wish Obama would just give her a blanket pardon so we can move on.

2 hours ago, Fez said:

So we'll see how it plays out the next few days, but for now I am officially panicking about the election for the first time.

And Comey should be impeached for interfering with the election; though he won't be of course.

Goddammit!

Even if actually irrelevant/untrue re: Clinton, this could have a real impact. Many people are effected by headlines like this without delving even deep enough to find contrary but already understood truths, like WMD's and the Brexit buses.

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Ugh - so I agree he had to update Congress, but his GC should be fired.  Honestly that this is how they drafted this?

Except they won't be because Comey likely doesn't care about the media rushing to report the Republican view of what his letter said instead of just publishing his letter and waiting for more facts.

Is it really too much to ask that everything in the 2016 election not trace back to somebody's dick?

Try and imagine a world where Hillary brags about being able to grab dick whenever she wants on tape, several men accuse her of grabbing dick, a male journalist then accuses Melania of humping his neck, and then the FBI finds emails about Trump being in contact with Assange while investigating Katrina Pierson for sexting photos of her vajay to underage boys with her toddler in bed next to her.

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sounds like much ado about nothing.

If that is true... I'm more than a bit pissed on how this was handled. And furious at how it's being used as clickbait. 

OK, IF (and I don't think we know for sure yet) it develops in the next couple of days that this is a tempest in a teapot and the investigation into HRC herself has really NOT been reopened, this could actually end up helping her by energizing her voters because of the perceived unfairness of the attack. 

But we won't know that for a couple of days at least, I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Ugh - so I agree he had to update Congress, but his GC should be fired.  Honestly that this is how they drafted this?

5 minutes ago, alguien said:

If that is true... I'm more than a bit pissed on how this was handled. And furious at how it's being used as clickbait. 

Reading the exact words of Comey's statement strongly strongly implies that the FBI is reopening its investigation into Clinton's emails.  The press didn't jump to conclusions, they made the reasonable assumption based on the information available, and then got more details which changed the story. 

I have no idea why Comey's statement was so misleading.  I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it reads to me that he wanted people to misinterpret what he said and think that something damaging to Clinton was about to happen.  

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Reading the exact words of Comey's statement strongly strongly implies that the FBI is reopening its investigation into Clinton's emails.  The press didn't jump to conclusions, they made the reasonable assumption based on the information available, and then got more details which changed the story. 

I have no idea why Comey's statement was so misleading.  I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it reads to me that he wanted people to misinterpret what he said and think that something damaging to Clinton was about to happen.  

The end result is only two things, either he is that incompetent to word it in such a way, or he purposely did it. Either one should result in a firing. I already have seen conservatives starting with this bullshit and still thinking they're investigating Clinton again. What a major fuck up.

Archived