Pictionary Game 33 - Finished, come see the many polar bears!

TitanCat

Pictionary game 33 - Sign up thread 

Thanks to Pebble for an excellent last game. Pictionary returns by popular demand - sign up here to join the fun! New people are very welcome!

A new game will start when we have 9 players, or are too impatient to wait for more.  

If you're not going to be around for the duration of the game, we can work around that, just let me know when you sign up.

The results from previous games can be found here.

RULES

The game proceeds as follows:

Spoiler

1. Send me a PM entitled *YOUR BOARD NAME* - Pictionary 33 containing a starting sentence

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds until everyone has participated in all the different threads (how many this is will depend on how many people we have playing).

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. As a rough guide, 2 lines is long for a sentence. The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity (see Scoring incentives below). For example, in the past there has been plasticine pictionary (from this game)! The only restrictions are:

1. It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine)
  2. No letters or numbers. Symbols allowed at my discretion, but do avoid them if you possibly can.
  3. Don't make it too NSFW. We can have a NSFW bonus chain or two if you'd like that, but we don't want to alienate anyone who doesn't want to see anything too graphic.

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round. 

SCORING

It's not about the points, it's about fun. But, for added incentive, here are how I will give out points for the competitively minded:

Spoiler

To incentivise people handing things in early (or at least on time), I'm going to use Pebble's scoring system from last game:

• 1st in = 10 points
  • 2nd in = 9 points
  • 3rd in = 8 points
  • ...etc (I'll adjust this if we have more than 10 players)

If the deadline arrives and you haven't submitted, or gotten in touch with me to let me know that you're going to be late, you'll immediately get a -5 point penalty. You'll get an extra -5 points every subsequent 12 hours.

Points will be deducted, and the pictures/sentences sent back for resubmission if they don't fit within the rules above.

If there's an appetite for bonus rounds, it'll be +3 for bonus descriptions, +5 for bonus drawings.

Here's the new bit:

I want to incentivise creativity as well as just speed, so every round, there'll be a +5 point bonus for one picture that has been made using a non-traditional medium. This isn't for the best art (you really don't need to be good at drawing for this game), it's to encourage you to be a bit weird. You could use food. You could act it out and photograph it (may be hugely inappropriate for some chains). You could sculpt. But the usual pictures are also fantastic, so don't be put off by this. I'll only add these bonuses right at the end of the game, with the big reveal.

Disclaimer: Points do not mean prizes. No prizes here. Go get your own gorram prizes.

Handy guide on conventions for new players

For some reason, the players of Pictionary seem to come up a lot in Pictionary threads. There are some ways in which regular players seem to be drawn, and I thought it would be nice and inclusive to document this here, so that newbies aren't as entirely confused as I was in my first couple of games. Then again, I'm still relatively new myself, so if oldtimers could contribute to these it'd be great...

Spoiler

A lot of players are generally portrayed as their avatars, but there are some exceptions (and sometimes the avatars change, but the drawing convention doesn't). This list isn't exhaustive. It's also fine to completely ignore it and do your own thing (either in describing or drawing).

Bex is a witch (not in martial arts gear)

BlackBear is the hulk (i.e. green guy)

Buckwheat is a flower

Helena is ginger

Lany is a karate witch

Pebble is a Little Miss

Rocksniffer is a smoking dog

TitanCat is a bird (for some reason no one draws the cabin)

If you are lacking in inspiration for your starting sentence, there's not a theme as such, but I enjoy cute animals, so bear that in mind.

I'll update here with the current task, deadline and points.

Current task:   Laugh at the threads. 
(bolded names have completed the task)

Destiel - 0pts

The BlackBear - 44pts

Buckwheat - 37pts

Rocksniffer - 30pts

Pebble - 39pts

RhaenysB - 39pts

Helena - 63pts

Turinqui-Calima - 24pts

Subs:

Knight of Ashes - 11pts

Emmit

Bonus chain:  1x Complete

Woohoo! FInally! :commie: Thank you, TitanCat! (We need a shorter version of your name, but we cannot call you TC, Turinqui-Calima is TC.)
With regards to the new rules:

No letters no numbers -> Really? What kind of new hell is that? Numbers used to be allowed? :tantrum:

(Obviously it is your game, you can set any rules you want - this is just making it even more restrictive than it used to be. More of a challenge?)

With regards to the player avatars:

BlackBear's green guy is actually the Hulk.

Helena is a ginger girl.

And nobody draws the cabin because the red parrot is recognisable enough. :P

Sending my sentence in 3, 2, 1 ...

Pebble, I will copy your last results in the archive thread.

I'm in.

I'm having a little think about my sentence.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No letters no numbers -> Really? What kind of new hell is that? Numbers used to be allowed? :tantrum:

I'm pretty sure all symbols were at the hosts discretion before.

Speaking of which: http://i.imgur.com/Ok91cCp.png

The Language is Al Bhed from Final Fantasy X (a great game,) and I suppose by default X-2 (a not so great game.) It's not so much a language, and more of a cipher, as every letter has a direct other letter it replaces. As the game goes on there are semi-hidden items called primers that teach you letters allowing you to understand more of the language.

The sentence is 'I am Lord Voldemort' as I was told it appears Chamber of Secrets style.

The more you know.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Woohoo! FInally! :commie: Thank you, TitanCat! (We need a shorter version of your name, but we cannot call you TC, Turinqui-Calima is TC.)
With regards to the new rules:

(Obviously it is your game, you can set any rules you want - this is just making it even more restrictive than it used to be. More of a challenge?)

With regards to the player avatars:

BlackBear's green guy is actually the Hulk.

Helena is a ginger girl.

And nobody draws the cabin because the red parrot is recognisable enough. :P

Sending my sentence in 3, 2, 1 ...

Pebble, I will copy your last results in the archive thread.

Yeah, all the best people are called TC. I guess just Cat would technically work? (and be slightly more flattering than Tit)

I'm pretty sure I've played at least one game where numbers weren't allowed... I ended up drawing the squiggliest calendar. And it doesn't really exclude things like tally marks, so I don't think it'll really be much harder :)

It wasn't originally meant to just be a parrot, it was actually supposed to be a parrot/peacock/phoenix hybrid. But the phoenix part got missed out because I didn't have space to draw flames shooting out of its ass. 

Updated the description with the additional avatar info!

you know i am in....even if i gotta draw harry potter with clothes on....which i assume needs to be more than striped socks and wand sparks over his member...i gotta say that was one of my finer drawing...sock-wearing naked harry running down the road...

sentence in in less than 10 minutes...

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm in.

I'm having a little think about my sentence.

I'm pretty sure all symbols were at the hosts discretion before.

Speaking of which: http://i.imgur.com/Ok91cCp.png

The Language is Al Bhed from Final Fantasy X (a great game,) and I suppose by default X-2 (a not so great game.) It's not so much a language, and more of a cipher, as every letter has a direct other letter it replaces. As the game goes on there are semi-hidden items called primers that teach you letters allowing you to understand more of the language.

The sentence is 'I am Lord Voldemort' as I was told it appears Chamber of Secrets style.

The more you know.

damn glad to hear you were not in fact abducted by aliens...or hit by a crosstown bus...i so wanted to draw naked bears covered in honey...ah a cute animal idea... :eek:

please forgive my rebuttal comment...but i just can't help myself... :devil:

1 hour ago, TitanCat said:

Yeah, all the best people are called TC. I guess just Cat would technically work? (and be slightly more flattering than Tit)

<snip>

that would strictly depend on the tit in question...in my not so humble opinion... :leer:

:smoking:

21 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

you know i am in....even if i gotta draw harry potter with clothes on....which i assume needs to be more than striped socks and wand sparks over his member...i gotta say that was one of my finer drawing...sock-wearing naked harry running down the road...

So as long as no parts are showing, Harry Potter doesn't necessarily need all his clothes. I don't think wand sparks would do, but a well-placed Sorting Hat?

Welcome aboard guys!

4 hours ago, TitanCat said:

So as long as no parts are showing, Harry Potter doesn't necessarily need all his clothes. I don't think wand sparks would do, but a well-placed Sorting Hat?

It does have a tear sort of like a mouth right...?

Seriously the sex toys in HP land must be off the fucking chain.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

It does have a tear sort of like a mouth right...?

Seriously the sex toys in HP land must be off the fucking chain.

ok brother that sounds like it should be the theme....my sentence will still work just a name change or two...

:smoking:

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I will join as long as we don't start this weekend, or the first desdline is after this weekend.

eta; :lol: I just read the conventions thing. 

I think I'd probably start on Sunday, for a Wednesday evening finish, at the earliest. 

Archived