Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

Welcome to Acrophobia 26!

Have you ever wondered what a historical or maybe a relatively recently deceased character in the ASOIAF universe would think about the actions of a distant (or perhaps not so distant) descendant or successor? Would they criticize them, ridicule them, want to encourage them or give them advice? Would their insight be cast aside as the outdated mumbling of someone who does not understand modern times or would it be valued by the recipient? But most of all: What exactly would be the message for which they would be willing to take the trouble and get in touch with the living?

If you are interested, join the game and find out! Travel across time and help to bridge the gap between past and present! As a special bonus, have fun and grab your chance to win!

The Rules:  

Spoiler

1.     There will be 10 rounds.

2.     Each round will introduce a new sender, a new recipient and a new acronym. The objective is to compose messages that various ASOIAF characters receive (in various magical ways) from their deceased ancestors, family members or predecessors, using the letters provided in the acronym as the first letters of the words in the message.

3.     Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc. to make your words make sense. 

4.     Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will give 48-72 hours at the very least and probably more. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the famed European scholar yomi, where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5.     Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 25 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6.     When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

7.     Players will then have time to vote for their favourite entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third (and fourth), in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

8.     After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

9.     Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes (ties get 2 points each)

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

10.  You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

If you have made up your mind to join, send me a PM so we can start as soon as possible.

I have a long list of characters to be included in the various rounds, however, if you have a pair of characters in your mind that you would like to see in this game, don’t hesitate to let me know.   

Players

Destiel's Child

Dolorous Gabe

Howlin' Howland

lil' ghost

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

rocksniffer

Lady Blizzardborn

Castellan

delspark

yomi

8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

10 rounds!

3 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

10 rounds for me to embarrass myself :blush:

2 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

why stop at 10? Is this the first game Julia has hosted?

I like round numbers, that's all. :D

I have hosted before but not many times yet. 

I couldn't face tweets. I should have because I would have learned about tweeting. Not that I want to tweet but I would feel more informed.

I have got several acrophilia clues, I think, but they are such as diverse bunch I can't see anything to unite them. And that ape is driving me crazy. I knew from the moment I saw it it would drive me crazy which may be self fulfilling attitude I suppose.

6 hours ago, Castellan said:

I couldn't face tweets. I should have because I would have learned about tweeting. Not that I want to tweet but I would feel more informed.

I have got several acrophilia clues, I think, but they are such as diverse bunch I can't see anything to unite them. And that ape is driving me crazy. I knew from the moment I saw it it would drive me crazy which may be self fulfilling attitude I suppose.

Tweeting was a blast. I could have won had I had more luck toward the end of the game.

The ape is also driving me insane.

2 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Tweeting was a blast. I could have won had I had more luck toward the end of the game.

The ape is also driving me insane.

I have a reasonable guess for the ape, but the character I got spoils my theme ideas. :-(

Regarding the new game, I think the first round can start some time tonight (Central European Time). Watch out for ghosts!

On 11/2/2016 at 9:49 PM, Destiel's Child said:

10 rounds for me to embarrass myself :blush:

On 11/3/2016 at 7:27 AM, rocksniffer said:

oh yeah i can make it to the bottom in 10 rounds...

i am so in...

:smoking:

Are not you both exaggerating? -_-

Destiel you have an added advantage in this game since you were the last host and know how our minds work :P

Rocky you shared the middle place with me in the last game and not the rock bottom as you claim :/ 

Infact I'm the one struggling to get a foothold in this Acrophobia games :(

29 minutes ago, delspark said:

Destiel you have an added advantage in this game since you were the last host and know how our minds work :P

Rocky you shared the middle place with me in the last game and not the rock bottom as you claim :/ 

Oh, we all like to whine and complain here. It's a secret contest and part of the fun. Newbies learn it quickly. ^_^

3 hours ago, delspark said:

it's true, i did end in the middle...which seems to happen more often than not...but my goal as always is to come in dead last...it is a running joke... B)

...and when someone calls me rocky, i look around for the italian stallion...i respond better to rock or sniffer ;)

:smoking:

I've decided I won't wait until the night as I may not have another chance until very late to start the game. So here it is: Enjoy!

ROUND 1 

After the Battle of the Trident Robert Baratheon lies wounded but for the moment contented in his tent, savouring the memory of Rhaegar’s rubies being scattered all over the river. Soaked in wine inside and outside (to ease the pain, of course), he suddenly sees a huge, ghostly figure emerge from thin air in front of him. Black hair, black eyes, a stern countenance. Robert somehow knows, immediately knows that the ghost can only be Orys Baratheon, the founder of House Baratheon, the long-deceased, stalwart friend of the Conqueror, whose house Robert has just begun to eliminate. Obviously, Orys Baratheon should understand a man’s thirst for revenge, having drunk from that cup himself. (Incidentally, he also knows a thing or two about usurping - just ask the Storm King). Yet, he was all his life a famous supporter of the Dragon. Clutching his drinking horn, Robert stares silently at the apparition, when he hears a booming voice, saying: …

So… what exactly does Orys Baratheon, the first Baratheon in Westeros, tell Robert Baratheon, his distant descendant, the victor of the Trident, in this historic moment?

Your acronym:

B I T O R L O

Deadline: 1 p.m. (Central European Time), Tuesday, 8th November

On 11/4/2016 at 9:49 AM, delspark said:

@delspark

A) none of you were very consistent in your twistedness and 2) that helps me not one bit with my own limitations :D

@Julia H.

I didn't realise that this had started... it's a welcome break from the torture that Gabe calls Philia.  ;)

Archived