Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

1st.   3.       Begin immediately to organize realm. Leave oenomania!

2nd.  5.       Basking in triumph or rescuing Lyanna...objective?

3rd.   6.       Being irrational torments others..recommend looking out..

Did anyone else have problems trying to highlight answers?  Something appears to be weird about the formatting.  Or is it just me for some reason?  Or is it Westeros?  I know I have a hell of a time quoting.

ROUND 1 AUTHORS

1.       Benighted idiot! Targaryen overlords relatives! Line over.  Lady Blizzardborn

2.       Boozing, inflaming tryst oppresses rationale. Leery others!   delspark

3.       Begin immediately to organize realm. Leave oenomania!   rocksniffer

4.       Become Iron Throne's outstanding resident. Look out!  Dolorous Gabe

5.       Basking in triumph or rescuing Lyanna...objective?  Howlin' Howland

6.       Being irrational torments others..recommend looking out..  lil' ghost

7.       Bitter indignance turned outright rebellion?  Lovesick oaf!  Destiel's Child

8.       Best inter Targaryens. Otherwise, rebellion likely occurs.   Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

9.       Bastard! I'm Targaryen! Obliterating Rhaegar's lamentable, oaf!  Nasty Fragile Bird

10.     Blood is the only reward - Lyanna's, outspilling.  Castellan

ROUND 1 RESULTS

1.       Lady Blizzardborn      1+1+3+1=6

2.        delspark    1+1+1=3

3.       rocksniffer   1+1+1+1+2+2+3+2=13

4.       Dolorous Gabe    1+1+1=3

5.      Howlin' Howland   1+1+3+2+3+2+2+3+4=21

6.       lil' ghost              1+1+3+3+1=9

7.       Destiel's Child    1+1+2+3+3=10

8.       Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer   1+1+3+2=7

9.      Nasty Fragile Bird   1+1+2+1=5

10.     Castellan  1+1+1+2+1=6

STANDINGS

1. Howlin' Howland    21

2. rocksniffer  13

3. Destiel's Child   7

4. lil' ghost      9

5. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer   7

6-7.  Lady Blizzardborn, Castellan  6

8. Nasty Fragile Bird   5

9-10. delspark, Dolorous Gabe  3

In a first round with lots of strong entries, the incontestable victor is Howlin' Howland, who has won a sweeping victory after composing a wise eye-opener that would make it worthwhile for Orys to come back from the afterlife and get in touch with his descendant. The runners-up are rocksniffer and Destiel's Child, who are at the moment lagging behind (despite their wonderful entries), but who knows what the future holds? There are nine more rounds coming up, so anything is possible yet, and the new round is just about to begin. 

Round 2

SUBMISSIONS

1.       Lady, another night gathers. Need youthful embodiment, lineage Valyrian.

2.       Lightly admix newts, golem, nitroglycerine, yoghurt. Electrify, leaven. Voila!

3.       Light alone neither guards nor yields extra lances, visionary.

4.       Listen, another night gathers.  Never yield, eventually Light's victorious.

5.       listen .. angel needs guidance now .. you’ll excel .. lineage valid..

6.       Laboring away? Nuances getting neglected? Your eyesight's ludicrous...VIRAGO!!

7.       Lo, as night gathers, nothing yields except latent vindication.

8.       Look away. NOW. Greatly negligent, yes, even laughable, visions.

9.       Lady, apace nurturing Guard. Networking you'll exterminate looming Vile.

10.     Legends avowed night's great necromancer.  You've envisioned lightbringer's valor.

There are only 8 entries at the moment. If you haven't sent one yet, you can still do so (late entries are accepted). One player sent an entry that changed two of the letters of the acronym, therefore I couldn't accept it. Another player changed one letter of the acronym. I notified the players in PM's. So, if you think you have sent an entry but can't see it here, please, check your PM's. 

P.S. Entry problems fixed.

Please, vote for three entries.

The deadline for voting is 6 p.m. Central European Time on Saturday, November 19th.

ROUND 3 

Tyrion Lannister has just killed Tywin Lannister. At the moment, he is hiding on a boat, en route to Essos, drinking huge amounts of wine and contemplating his future, which does not look bright. It is in this state that he glimpses a scroll so small that he probably would never have noticed it had it not been in a singularly strange place: at the bottom of the wine cask he has just emptied. He unrolls it almost automatically. The letters dance in front of his eyes as he is reading (with a pounding head) a mysterious message addressed to him. He barely understands the words, and eventually the scroll slips out of his hand and he falls into a drunken slumber. When he wakes up, he cannot find the scroll anywhere, but he very clearly remembers the words of the strange message, as well as the signature at the end of it: Your Lady Mother, Joanna Lannister.

What message did Joanna Lannister send from the afterlife to her youngest child, Tyrion Lannister, at this critical moment of his life?

Your acronym:

K I S O C S I

Your deadline:

6 p.m. Central European Time on Saturday, November 19th.

6 hours ago, Julia H. said:

ROUND 3 

Tyrion Lannister has just killed Tywin Lannister. At the moment, he is hiding on a boat, en route to Essos, drinking huge amounts of wine and contemplating his future, which does not look bright. It is in this state that he glimpses a scroll so small that he probably would never have noticed it had it not been in a singularly strange place: at the bottom of the wine cask he has just emptied. He unrolls it almost automatically. The letters dance in front of his eyes as he is reading (with a pounding head) a mysterious message addressed to him. He barely understands the words, and eventually the scroll slips out of his hand and he falls into a drunken slumber. When he wakes up, he cannot find the scroll anywhere, but he very clearly remembers the words of the strange message, as well as the signature at the end of it: Your Lady Mother, Joanna Lannister.

I really appreciate the efforts you put in to spin this micro tale:wub: Looking forward to read more!

First:      8.       Look away. NOW. Greatly negligent, yes, even laughable, visions.

Second: 9.       Lady, apace nurturing Guard. Networking you'll exterminate looming Vile.

Third:     6.       Laboring away? Nuances getting neglected? Your eyesight's ludicrous...VIRAGO!!

7 hours ago, delspark said:

I really appreciate the efforts you put in to spin this micro tale:wub: Looking forward to read more!

Thanks! :)

Please, note that I have added two more entries to the list of submissions.

Archived