Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

ROUND 2 AUTHORS AND SCORES

1.       Lady, another night gathers. Need youthful embodiment, lineage Valyrian.  Lady Blizzardborn 1+1+1=3

2.       Lightly admix newts, golem, nitroglycerine, yoghurt. Electrify, leaven. Voila!  Castellan 1+1+1+1+1=5

3.       Light alone neither guards nor yields extra lances, visionary.  Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer         1+1+3+3+2+2+1+3+1+3+4=24

4.       Listen, another night gathers.  Never yield, eventually Light's victorious.  Howlin’ Howland  1+1+2+3+2=9

5.       listen .. angel needs guidance now .. you’ll excel .. lineage valid.. lil’ ghost  1+1+1+3=6

6.       Laboring away? Nuances getting neglected? Your eyesight's ludicrous...VIRAGO!!  rocksniffer  1+1+2+1+1+3=9

7.       Lo, as night gathers, nothing yields except latent vindication.    Dolorous Gabe  1+1+2=4

8.       Look away. NOW. Greatly negligent, yes, even laughable, visions.  Nasty Fragile Bird  1+1+3+3+1+2=11

9.       Lady, apace nurturing Guard. Networking you'll exterminate looming Vile.  delspark  1+1+2=4

10.   Legends avowed night's great necromancer.  You've envisioned lightbringer's valor.  Destiel’s Child  1+1+3+2+2=9

STANDINGS

1. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer  7+24=31

2. Howlin’ Howland 21+9=30

3. rocksniffer 13+9=22

4. Destiel’s Child  10+9=19

5. Nasty Fragile Bird  5+11=16

6. lil’ ghost 9+6=15

7. Castellan 6+5=11

8. Lady Blizzardborn 6+3=9

9-10. Dolorous Gabe 3+4=7, delspark 3+4=7

This round's winner, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer, has jumped from fifth place to first place, overtaking the previous round's victor, Howlin' Howland! Howlin' Howland is in second place now, but only one point behind the first place! Not too far behind them, rocksniffer is sniffing their trail with the likely intention of catching up, and the sniffer is still closely followed by Destiel's Child. Those who at the moment seem to be lagging behind are probably saving their strength for later rounds. Stay alert, because anything is possible yet!

Check your scores, please. 

ROUND 3 SUBMISSIONS

Joanna Lannister to Tyrion Lannister

1. Kinslaying's illegal, son. Oceans call, sweet imp.

2. Kindness indeed scarce. Overreaching causes sadness inevitably.

3. Kinslayer!!!  Ill-made spiteful oaf.  Commit suicide, Imp!

4. Kinslaying is sometimes opportune, causes severe introspection.

5. Kismet is sailing on cursed seaward itinerary.

6. killing isn’t strategy.. oversight!  ..choose SOARING instead..

7.  Kingmaker is self. Onus ceases securing influence.

8. Kingdom is suffering oppressively. Caution! Stay incognito!

9. King's imprint soured ovum. Chimera's sanguinely interesting.

10. Kleptocracy is surely our choice, son! Indubitably! 

Round 4

The boy who used to call himself the Young Griff and is now calling himself Aegon VI is sailing to Westeros in the company of the Golden Company. At dawn one day, when he is unable to sleep any longer, he gazes into the distance, where the great western continent is waiting to be reconquered. In the early morning mist of the Narrow Sea, it seems that a strange apparition is taking shape in front of him. Tall, broad-shouldered and purple-eyed, with a Valyrian steel crown on his silver-gold locks and Blackfyre in his hands, the ghost of Aegon the Conqueror is riding the ghost of Balerion, the Black Dread. The two Aegons stare at each other silently for a long moment, then Aegon Targaryen the First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm breaks:the silence “ … “

What does Aegon I say to this boy some believe to be a trueborn Targaryen, others to be a Blackfyre descendant, still others to be just an unwitting imposter of Valyrian blood?

Your acronym:

H  A  D  J  A  R  A  T

The deadline for voting and for submissions is:

10 p.m. (Central European Time) on Thursday 24th November.

On an unrelated note: Those who want to play another game of Acrophilia can find the latest opportunity here.

First:      7.  Kingmaker is self. Onus ceases securing influence.

Second: 2. Kindness indeed scarce. Overreaching causes sadness inevitably.

Third:     5. Kismet is sailing on cursed seaward itinerary.

HM: 9. King's imprint soured ovum. Chimera's sanguinely interesting.

1. 9. King's imprint soured ovum. Chimera's sanguinely interesting. Whenever the LannisTarg debates come up I love throwing out the chimera argument for Tyrion, so I had to put this one first. :D 

2. 4. Kinslaying is sometimes opportune, causes severe introspection. I like to think Joanna would be totally on his side in this.

3. 1. Kinslaying's illegal, son. Oceans call, sweet imp. Not that he needed reminding about the legality, but I like that she called him sweet. If Joanna had lived, Tyrion's life might have been much better.

HM to 8.

16 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

1. 9. King's imprint soured ovum. Chimera's sanguinely interesting. Whenever the LannisTarg debates come up I love throwing out the chimera argument for Tyrion, so I had to put this one first. :D 

2. 4. Kinslaying is sometimes opportune, causes severe introspection. I like to think Joanna would be totally on his side in this.

3. 1. Kinslaying's illegal, son. Oceans call, sweet imp. Not that he needed reminding about the legality, but I like that she called him sweet. If Joanna had lived, Tyrion's life might have been much better.

HM to 8.

Please summarize the chimera argument. I do not think I have heard that one. I liked the entry but felt like there was something important I was not understanding.

9 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Please summarize the chimera argument. I do not think I have heard that one. I liked the entry but felt like there was something important I was not understanding.

Easy peasy. Tyrion is both Tywin's son AND Aerys' son by virtue of tetragamic chimerism. Basically he's got two sets of DNA. This allows him the benefits or drawbacks of Targaryen blood, without diminishing or otherwise ruining the dynamic storyline between him and daddy dearest.

Since there's no way to tell this kind of thing in Westeros, it's kind of a moot point. I just like throwing a monkey wrench into the works when people insist it has to be the way they think it is. :D

12 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Easy peasy. Tyrion is both Tywin's son AND Aerys' son by virtue of tetragamic chimerism. Basically he's got two sets of DNA. This allows him the benefits or drawbacks of Targaryen blood, without diminishing or otherwise ruining the dynamic storyline between him and daddy dearest.

Since there's no way to tell this kind of thing in Westeros, it's kind of a moot point. I just like throwing a monkey wrench into the works when people insist it has to be the way they think it is. :D

ok. Yeah I think I would dismiss this theory. The entry makes more sense now, but I think I will stick with my choices.

Well, I've realized that most of you will be busy with the Thanksgiving celebrations this week, so I've decided to extend the deadline. How about

10 a.m. (Central European Time) on Sunday, 27th November?

Will that give you enough time?

i have drawn the perfect pic and still had time to bake sweet potatoes, steam shrimp and roast fresh pork loin...

so what's wrong with you people...

:smoking:

17 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

and my darling Lady Blizz this is why i secretly have a crush on you... :wub:

:leer:

9 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

i have drawn the perfect pic and still had time to bake sweet potatoes, steam shrimp and roast fresh pork loin...

so what's wrong with you people...

:smoking:

Very impressive. :) Now, if you could just add a short, 8-word utterance that Aegon I might have said to (F)Aegon to this wonderful list... 

;)

I've got the first two pies in the oven. Cookies will be baked this evening. All other foods must wait until tomorrow. I still have writing to do today. My main character is finally at the second of three Thanksgiving celebrations he'll be attending at the North Pole, and he's supposed to meet those freaks who participate in NaNoWriMo soon. :D 

52 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

and my darling Lady Blizz this is why i secretly have a crush on you... :wub:

:leer:

Aw. I'd be flattered if I believed this. ;)

1  - 2

2  - 6

3  - 7

Very hard to choose, thats why I'm voting pretty late. I went for #2 because its the only one that sounds like something Joanna would actually say unless she's a lot nastier than history records. Kudos to the person who used Kleptocracy. I also liked the 'severe introspection' entry.

Archived