Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

ROUND 5 AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. Please assist Rhaegar's anonymous northern child smash Night's Otherly King.   Castellan   1+1+3+3+3+3+4=18

2. Promises are rent. Alas! Now control sister's need of Kingdom.         delspark   1+1+3+2+2=9

3. People's acrimony routinely angers, nevertheless, Cersei's selfishness negates objectivity...Kingmaker !  rocksniffer  1+1+3=5

4. Parameters are rigid and narrow, cease secrets. Night’s over King.    lil' ghost   1+1+1+1=4

5. Paramours are ruinous. Advice: never choose sexual needs over kings!   Fragile Bird   1+1+1+2+1+2+2=10

6. Perhaps a rigorously affectionate, naked copulation session nurtures outstanding knights.  Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer  1+1+2+1=5

7. Pretending a romance away never cures society's neverending objections, Kingslayer.  Howlin' Howland  1+1+3+1+3+1+2=12

8. Paramour and relative? Anathema! No conscience succors nookie on Kingsguard!   Lady Blizzardborn  1+1+2+2=6

STANDINGS

1. Howlin' Howland   45+12=57

2-3. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer  48+5=53

Castellan                   35+18=53

4. Fragile Bird               38+10=48

5. rocksniffer                38+5=43

6. lil' ghost                  28+4=32

7. delspark                    20+9=29

8. Lady Blizzardborn     22+6=28

9. Destiel's Child              25

10. Gabe                       14

The winner of the round is Castellan, whose entry wins the most first-place votes and who now shares the second and third place with Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer. The other most successful player in this round is Howlin' Howland, whose entry is the second most popular one, which is enough for him to take over the lead in the race.

Please, check your points.

To be continued... 

Round 6

Here are the entries I have received so far... Late ones will be accepted as usual.

1. I gave everything, regardless. Demons manifest.. eradicate... GO!

2. Idiot! Genealogically Eddard's? RHAEGAR'S! Doomed Mother expects greatness.

3. Impel greatness, every redeemed delinquent means enhanced garrisons.

4. In grave emergency, Rhaegar's descendant must enter Ghost!

5. Invader! Gaehaerys Eddard Rhaegar! Do make exit! Go!

6. I guess eloping rashly didn't make everything gruesome.

7. I gave Eddard rules, darling. Making Eddard grieve...

In nearly every round, there are some entries I just don't understand. So in respect of round 5, I'd like to ask what #4 meant. I presumed the first part meant basically, keep to the straight and narrow and stop secret affair, was the second part addressing Jaime as King and telling him night was over, or something else regarding the threat of a long night?

And in #6 was the Dragonknight proposing some knight on knight sex to Jaime, or just suggesting he have good sex with someone other than his sister? Either way I thought Jaime having affectionate sex with someone other than Cersei a very good idea, hence my vote.

ROUND 7

Stannis Baratheon, aka Azor Ahai Reborn, unacknowledged but rightful Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, is staring into the fires of his fireplace in his castle on the island of Dragonstone.  He is wondering whether Melisandre is telling the truth - whether one can indeed see omens or prophecies in the fire. All of a sudden, an image appears in front of his eyes among the flames. It is an image of a raven, carrying a message, and it's flying towards him. Stannis jumps back as the fiery raven seems to be quite close now. He feels rather relieved when the raven finally disappears - it was probably just a trick of light and imagination anyway. Yet... what is this scroll that has just fallen on the floor in front of him? Where did it come from? Surely, it isn't possible that the raven... Stannis picks up the scroll to examine it. There can be no doubt that it's a letter ... but, as he realizes in disbelief, the sender is no other than Robert, the older brother and liege lord who died in King's Landing not long ago. Stannis sits down, obviously shocked. 

What could be in that scroll? Robert's views on some family matters? (Renly? Edric? Joffrey?) Advice on military tactics? Thoughts on how to be a king? Something else?

What message did Robert Baratheon send to his younger brother and heir, Stannis Baratheon?

Your acronym:

M E N N Y D O R G E S

The deadline for voting and submissions:

7 p.m. on Thursday 15th December (Central European Time).

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Can't help wondering what a Dorge is and why we have many of them. :P

How many should we vote for? 

Oh, the acronym does have a meaning. It has to do with what Robert originally was and also with how he might (in my subjective opinion) feel about some of the things Stannis is currently doing.

Vote for three entries. There are now seven of them.

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

Its clear to me he is very drunk and reporting that there are many orgies in the afterlife.

That may well be the case. So how is that report worded?

21 hours ago, Castellan said:

In nearly every round, there are some entries I just don't understand. So in respect of round 5, I'd like to ask what #4 meant. I presumed the first part meant basically, keep to the straight and narrow and stop secret affair, was the second part addressing Jaime as King and telling him night was over, or something else regarding the threat of a long night?

And in #6 was the Dragonknight proposing some knight on knight sex to Jaime, or just suggesting he have good sex with someone other than his sister? Either way I thought Jaime having affectionate sex with someone other than Cersei a very good idea, hence my vote.

Well, I got what I wanted across and had 3 letters left..So, I was kinda thinking with that, that there is a dark cloud over Robert or even Joffrey. :dunno: haha. I feel like those last 3 words hurt my chances of more votes. 

On 12/9/2016 at 6:34 PM, Castellan said:

thanks for the vote. I am glad you thought it was worthy of a vote.

1. 3. Impel greatness, every redeemed delinquent means enhanced garrisons. I just love the way this is worded, and it emphasizes that everyone (no matter how awful) has to work together if they're going to beat the Others).

2. 1. I gave everything, regardless. Demons manifest.. eradicate... GO! So it's his mother that doesn't want him in the tombs...cause he's got work to do. Makes sense.

3. 4. In grave emergency, Rhaegar's descendant must enter Ghost! Very practical advice from mom.

man i thought Kingmaker would be good for a few more votes...i was thinking that jaime needed to hear that while he was angry like cersei that people were calling tommen a bastard that her selfish desire for revenge and power negated her objectivity and jaime's desire to make tommen a great king...thus he could go from being a kingslayer to a kingmaker...

ah well such is life in phobia land...

:smoking:

First:      1. I gave everything, regardless. Demons manifest.. eradicate... GO!

Second: 7. I gave Eddard rules, darling. Making Eddard grieve...

Third:     5. Invader! Gaehaerys Eddard Rhaegar! Do make exit! Go! (Is that supposed to be Jon's real name? vote for being inventive)

On 12/12/2016 at 4:29 PM, Raisin' Bran said:

<snip

Third:     5. Invader! Gaehaerys Eddard Rhaegar! Do make exit! Go! (Is that supposed to be Jon's real name? vote for being inventive)

You know, if we add the Targaryen his initials would be GERT........he should stick with Jon. :D

Archived