US Elections: FBI. F-B-I... (Comey turns the ID the right way up) FBI.

BloodRider

4 minutes ago, Boris the Blade said:

Anyone that supports a child rapist sexual predator bigoted misogynist that calls to commit war crimes and doesn't rule out nuclear weapons is not a good person. If you support a bigot that is also a sexual predator, you're a piece of shit.  

lol, I cant tell if you are talking about trump supporters or HRC.  well played.

That all being said, my strong suspicion is that there are a whole lot of Republicans who have been given no real reasonable choices as far as they are concerned, and are thus sticking with party loyalty for any number of reasons. That many hate Trump, but cannot condone a world where Clinton is president due largely to things like Supreme Court nominations.

At the same time there are a whole lot of supporters of Trump who see him as not only not reprehensible but actively think he's the best candidate they've had in a long time, period. Far better than Romney or GWB even. That might not be all Republicans or all voters for Trump, but it's a very large chunk of them. 

And really, the Republicans who hate him but don't see another choice are willfully deciding that 'grabbing women by the pussy' is something that can just be ignored in their candidate. They've decided that someone who hasn't paid income tax in a generation and won't reveal their taxes is just fine. They might have reasons, but the moral hoops that they've had to jump through to justify their vote are pretty interesting.

13 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Reasonable people can disagree on political issues. This election is not particularly about political issues.

You know, that's really a great point that I keep forgetting.

Does anyone even know what Trump's positions on the political issues are?

ETA: Holy shit, I don't even have a Democrat running for US House Rep. Republican and Libertarian candidates only.

56 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Honestly, shame on Bloom, Baer, Taylor and whoever else is orchestrating this. It's one thing to play these games with somebody hardened and quite another to use somebody obviously scared and unwell. Given Trump's supporters, they have to know that if she were to go through with this, there's a torrent of hatred headed her way no matter what.

And this is why it takes 20 years for a women to come forward when a powerful man rapes you.

Most Trump voters I know are pretty shitty people.  I thought they were somewhat shitty people before this election.  They've merely raised their Shitty Person flag and started speaking with a megaphone now.  Some, I assume, are somewhat good people.  Or just really dumb people.  I know multiple people who are voting GOP straight through only because they can't support a person who believes in ripping out fully developed fetuses from the womb at 9 months.  These probably fall in the dumb people category, tbh.

The level of self-righteousness here is much higher than I thought.

And no, nobody outside of Trump's inner circle knows what Trump's positions are and it might be that even those inside don't know. The election is a contest between improper emails and sexist vulgarity.

7 minutes ago, Altherion said:

The level of self-righteousness here is much higher than I thought.

Well, you are here, so

7 minutes ago, Altherion said:

And no, nobody outside of Trump's inner circle knows what Trump's positions are and it might be that even those inside don't know. The election is a contest between improper emails and sexist vulgarity.

There are a few policies that we know  Trump is going to do pretty much as soon as he can: he's going to start deporting people and building a wall pretty much immediately, he's going to attempt to remove ACA (though hah, good luck with that), and he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to go after Clinton. He will also almost certainly destroy every single executive order that Obama put in regardless of what it does or why. 

And that's really it. And that's all that the Republicans have been wanting for the last 8 years, anyway. They have no concrete policy proposals. They have nothing to replace ACA, nothing to propose with respect to immigration that their base will support, nothing on entitlement programs. They've been doing nothing for years now. This is all they want. That's their policy: anything Obama supports, they oppose. 

the trump voters with whom i am acquainted very plainly fear all that is solid melting into air; they are pro-capitalism but don't like the local transformations and internationslist comminglings and revolutions of the means of production concomitant therewith.  sadly they lack a grounding in classical liberalism (left theory is obviously out of the question) and are informed solely by pre-modernism, either directly from religious doctrine or indirectly through proto-fascist nostalgia.

11 minutes ago, Altherion said:

No, the election is between a misogynistic racist homophobic / transphobic hypersensitive sexual predator with fascists policies / calls to commit war crimes and improper emails. You can keep touting that apologist rhetoric of we don't know what his positions are, but we do know. He has been spouting off his bullshit for a over a year now. 

18 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Trump has laid out positions. In fact, he started with one of the more evocative (and ridiculed) ones of recent memory.

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Well, you are here, so

Well yes, but most of those comments go much further than what I'm capable of. :)

There are a few policies that we know  Trump is going to do pretty much as soon as he can: he's going to start deporting people and building a wall pretty much immediately, he's going to attempt to remove ACA (though hah, good luck with that), and he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to go after Clinton. He will also almost certainly destroy every single executive order that Obama put in regardless of what it does or why. 

And that's really it. And that's all that the Republicans have been wanting for the last 8 years, anyway. They have no concrete policy proposals. They have nothing to replace ACA, nothing to propose with respect to immigration that their base will support, nothing on entitlement programs. They've been doing nothing for years now. This is all they want. That's their policy: anything Obama supports, they oppose.

Deporting people, building a wall and removing ACA all require cooperation from Congress which he's not likely to get. Going after Clinton is kind of pointless after the election is over. She is 69 years old and she will never have an opponent as disliked as Trump. If she loses, it is extremely unlikely that she will ever be this influential again even if nobody goes after her. I suppose he might do it anyway just out of spite, but I doubt the case will be pressed very hard.

4 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Well yes, but most of those comments go much further than what I'm capable of. :)

Deporting people, building a wall and removing ACA all require cooperation from Congress which he's not likely to get. Going after Clinton is kind of pointless after the election is over. She is 69 years old and she will never have an opponent as disliked as Trump. If she loses, it is extremely unlikely that she will ever be this influential again even if nobody goes after her. I suppose he might do it anyway just out of spite, but I doubt the case will be pressed very hard.

Lots of assumptions and thinking that Trump is not exactly what his words say he is. And what part of Trump's personality do you think gives a fuck what congress will and wont corporate with what he wants?

12 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Well, you are here, so

Don't forget cutting taxes and a magical infrastructure plan. And renegotiating all the trade deals. 

Oh, and cutting two regulations for every one he leaves or something.

Don't sell yourself short, kiddo. You were able to state that you'd rather vote for Trump for months because there's a small chance that he would cause the country to break in a way that would be interesting, and say that the outcome for millions of people who would suffer is worth it. That's a pretty high bar of self-righteousness right there. 

Deporting people requires nothing from congress. We've gone over this already. It is entirely at the mercy of the president to arrange the resources for deportation. In fact, it only requires support from state and federal courts - unless congress wants to enact a 2/3rds veto-proof law to go against it, and fat chance of that happening. If Trump wants to literally take every thing an undocumented immigrant owns and put them in a country they've never set foot in, he has that power. 

Building a wall does require some support from congress, but he's likely got enough of it from the House. 

Removing ACA does require some support from congress, but we know he has that in the House and then some. He can also do some fairly horrible things to remove ACA funding without congressional approval such that it doesn't get funded properly. 

And yes, he'll go after Clinton because that is what Trump is - hugely spiteful. That is what he's always done. How can you even doubt this? He brought up fucking Rosie O'Donnell at a presidential debate because she offended him 10 years prior. And he has massive supporters begging for him to lock her up or kill her. You think he won't listen? He'll probably try to arrest the whole DNC. 

3 minutes ago, Castel said:

Don't forget cutting taxes and a magical infrastructure plan. And renegotiating all the trade deals. 

Oh, and cutting two regulations for every one he leaves or something.

His policies on those bore him and he'd likely lose interest pretty fast. It's also nothing that people seem to care about that much with respect to him. He might do the tax thing because it benefits him directly, I'll grant you that.

That's another likely outcome - which is that wherever he can, he'll use his power to improve his businesses. Him being selfish and deliberately valuing his own assets is one of the only things that we can guarantee will happen. 

Archived