Aurane Waters next move

LordImp

Aurane stole the royal fleet and ran off. What does he do next?

Here are some suggestions:

- He becomes a pirate and we will never see him again 

- Joins Dany

- Joins fAegon

- Joins Stannis

- Joins Euron

- We see him one more time before he dies 

5 minutes ago, TheSovereignGrave said:

Isn't there mention of a self-styled "Lord of the Waters" setting themselves up as a Pirate King in the Stepstones, with ships not unlike those Aurane stole from the Royal Fleet?

Yes, I believe that's him, but I suspect that Varys had some influence and he might be joining fAegon at some point.

47 minutes ago, BeastMaster64 said:

Patchface prophecy implies he will join Stannis.

Problem is there are already Valyrons with Stannis to fill the seashorse part of what patchface said.  Aurane knew Stannis was in the north when he left Kings Landing and instead decided to go south, and it seems likely that the next thing he will hear about Stannis is that he is dead, so even if Stannis triumphs up north, Aurane will likely have already thrown in with someone else before then.

I don't think some peasant levy soldiers from house Velaryon qualify for a prophecy that is just stupid. Also when he says they will "ride" it certainly means ships and the only people that have ships that could conceivably join Stannis would be House Manderly= Mermaid and Aurane Waters = Seahorse. 

Stannis is much closer to the Iron Throne than people believe. If Stannis defeats the Boltons which he 200% will, Justin Massey stays true to his words and Aurane Waters joins him he will have around 30,000 soldiers and 100 ships which means that he will have the biggest navy and army in Westeros if we assume the Redwyne fleet gets destroyed by Euron and the Tyrell army gets defeated by Aegon.

Stannis is the greatest commander in asoiaf and he is in a great position to take the Iron Throne. This is what i believe Stannis will do. Stannis will defeat the Boltons and install Rickon Stark as warden of the north. After that he will make all the northern lords bend the knee. He will reinforce the Wall and go to capture Dragonstone so he gets the dragonglass needed to defeat the Others. He will be joined by Aurane and Justin and he will try to capture King's Landing again but Danerys will come and kill him.

37 minutes ago, BeastMaster64 said:

I don't think some peasant levy soldiers from house Velaryon qualify for a prophecy that is just stupid. Also when he says they will "ride" it certainly means ships and the only people that have ships that could conceivably join Stannis would be House Manderly= Mermaid and Aurane Waters = Seahorse. 

Stannis is much closer to the Iron Throne than people believe. If Stannis defeats the Boltons which he 200% will, Justin Massey stays true to his words and Aurane Waters joins him he will have around 30,000 soldiers and 100 ships which means that he will have the biggest navy and army in Westeros if we assume the Redwyne fleet gets destroyed by Euron and the Tyrell army gets defeated by Aegon.

Stannis is the greatest commander in asoiaf and he is in a great position to take the Iron Throne. This is what i believe Stannis will do. Stannis will defeat the Boltons and install Rickon Stark as warden of the north. After that he will make all the northern lords bend the knee. He will reinforce the Wall and go to capture Dragonstone so he gets the dragonglass needed to defeat the Others. He will be joined by Aurane and Justin and he will try to capture King's Landing again but Danerys will come and kill him.

How will fAegon and Jon Connington factor into your scenario? 

57 minutes ago, BeastMaster64 said:

I think this is spot on. But i dont think Massey will stay true to Stannis , i think he gets the sellswords and then joins (F)Aegon . 

16 minutes ago, BeastMaster64 said:

I believe Aegon will take King's Landing and take Sansa as his queen allying with the Vale. I think Stannis will be defated in a naval battle against Danerys before he can capture Kings' Landing and Aegon and Danerys will have the last Blackfyre war.

The problem i see with Aegon and Sansa hooking is Littlefinger. Littlefinger probably knows that Varys is behind Aegon , and will LF give away Sansa to a guy controlled by Varys? A possible scenario is that Sansa kills LF and then joins Aegon . But i think Sansa will head North when she hears that Rickon is alive . 

There will possibly be a conflict between Dany and Aegon , but remember that Euron is around aswell. And Aerons visions in the Forsaken chapter hints to Euron sitting the IT. So i actually thinks that Euron might end Aegons reign instead of Dany. Euron will possibly also have a dragon . 

15 minutes ago, BeastMaster64 said:

Check out the Tourney of Ashford Sansa's suitors theory it makes 100% sense that she will marry Aegon.

Aegon will be a suitor maybe , but doubt there will be a marriage . I find it more likely that Aegon marries Arianne. 

2 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Aegon will be a suitor maybe , but doubt there will be a marriage . I find it more likely that Aegon marries Arianne. 

That whole suitor thing was noticed by somebody four years ago, it was posted on Reddit by someone else I think two years ago thinking they were the first(likely where beastmaster took the info from), but nowhere has it ever been stated that it makes '100% sense' she will marry Aegon. Yes the pattern shows the likelihood of a Targ suitor but it getting to the point of them actually marrying, that remains to be seen.

19 minutes ago, Macgregor of the North said:

That whole suitor thing was noticed by somebody four years ago, it was posted on Reddit by someone else I think two years ago thinking they were the first(likely where beastmaster took the info from), but nowhere has it ever been stated that it makes '100% sense' she will marry Aegon. Yes the pattern shows the likelihood of a Targ suitor but it getting to the point of them actually marrying, that remains to be seen.

Agree. I see the suitor stuff as a Easter egg , not foreshadowing . 

19 hours ago, LordImp said:

Aurane stole the royal fleet and ran off. What does he do next?

Here are some suggestions:

- He becomes a pirate and we will never see him again 

- Joins Dany

- Joins fAegon

- Joins Stannis

- Joins Euron

- We see him one more time before he dies 

"I expect they did," said Jon Connington, "but what messages would they have carried? At best, some garbled account of raiders from the sea." Even before they had sailed from Volon Therys, he had instructed his captains to show no banners during these first attacks—not Prince Aegon's three-headed dragon, nor his own griffins, nor the skulls and golden battle standards of the company. Let the Lannisters suspect Stannis Baratheon, pirates from the Stepstones, outlaws out of the woods, or whoever else they cared to blame. If the reports that reached King's Landing were confused and contradictory, so much the better. The slower the Iron Throne was to react, the longer they would have to gather their strength and bring allies to the cause. There should be ships on Estermont. It is an island. Haldon, send word to Mandrake to leave a garrison behind and bring the rest of his men over to Cape Wrath, along with any noble captives."

In AFfC, Aurane Waters subtly tries to misdirect the Small Council into believing that The GC was hired for Stannis.  Rumors of pirates might be another misdirection.  Many people assume Waters has become a pirate, but until Winds gives us something more definitive, I'm a bit skeptical that he even is one.

Personally, I think Aurane is Aegon's man now.  As someone pointed out up thread, Waters went south, not north. 

15 hours ago, BeastMaster64 said:

Why do you assume the Velaryon forces there are just "peasant levies?"  The only "Velaryon" that we know bent the knee was Aurane Waters, and he's just a bastard of that house AND was never truly loyal to the Lannisters in the first place.

Patchface jumped up. "I will lead it!" His bells rang merrily. "We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

They all laughed. Even Queen Selyse allowed herself a thin smile. Jon was less amused. "I will not ask my men to do what I would not do myself. I mean to lead the ranging."

Patchface gives this prophecy during a conversation about who will lead men.  Jon then says he will lead them himself. 

Melisandre's face darkened. "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood."

A wonder you haven't had the poor man burned. All it would take was a word in the queen's ear, and Patchface would feed her fires. "You see fools in your fire, but no hint of Stannis?"

"When I search for him all I see is snow."

In this scene we have another connection to fools, Patchface and Jon.  Melisandre sees Patchface  (who made the prophecy about leading an army) and "snow" but not Stannis. 

I believe what's foreshadowed here is Jon uniting Northern forces and Stannis's forces, and leading them. 

22 minutes ago, Isobel Harper said:

"I expect they did," said Jon Connington, "but what messages would they have carried? At best, some garbled account of raiders from the sea." Even before they had sailed from Volon Therys, he had instructed his captains to show no banners during these first attacks—not Prince Aegon's three-headed dragon, nor his own griffins, nor the skulls and golden battle standards of the company. Let the Lannisters suspect Stannis Baratheon, pirates from the Stepstones, outlaws out of the woods, or whoever else they cared to blame. If the reports that reached King's Landing were confused and contradictory, so much the better. The slower the Iron Throne was to react, the longer they would have to gather their strength and bring allies to the cause. There should be ships on Estermont. It is an island. Haldon, send word to Mandrake to leave a garrison behind and bring the rest of his men over to Cape Wrath, along with any noble captives."

In AFfC, Aurane Waters subtly tries to misdirect the Small Council into believing that The GC was hired for Stannis.  Rumors of pirates might be another misdirection.  Many people assume Waters has become a pirate, but until Winds gives us something more definitive, I'm a bit skeptical that he even is one.

Personally, I think Aurane is Aegon's man now.  As someone pointed out up thread, Waters went south, not north. 

Why do you assume the Velaryon forces there are just "peasant levies?"  The only "Velaryon" that we know bent the knee was Aurane Waters, and he's just a bastard of that house AND was never truly loyal to the Lannisters in the first place.

Yeah , I'm leaning towards Aurane working for Aegon . I wonder where Aegon or Jon sends Aurane . Will he take Dragonstone or lead a naval attack on Kings landing ? 

Re: Ashford Tourney Theory

I have sooo many ideas with regard to this theory. 

1. Aegon marries Sansa. I rather like the idea of both of these characters refusing to be pawns anymore and marrying whoever they damn well please.  Aegon refuses to marry Daenerys, Sansa refuses to marry Harry the Heir, and by doing so, they both give a huuuge middle finger to their "mentors" (Varys and LF) who chose to use them as pawns in their own game. 

2. The Fifth Suitor is a choice that Sansa has to make. She could marry Aegon and turn against the KotN OR side with Jon.  In short, she'll have to choose which "Targaryen" she sides with.  Marry the "perfect prince" or side with her family: she faced this same choice in Game.  Given how her arch has been since then, I don't think she'd pick the "prince" next  around. 

3. In a tourney, there are five defenders of the Queen of Love and Beauty. Sansa's arch throughout the series has been one of growing agency and making decisions for herself.  However, Sansa's first four "suitors" were not chosen by her.  In fact, they were sort of forced on her.  Therefore,  these suitors can be interpreted as opponents (not defenders) against her, against her agency.  If so, Aegon could simply be another marriage prospect "forced" on her. 

ETA: 

4. These 5 suitors are defenders.  Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Hardyng, and Targaryen will be 5 of the 7 champions in an upcoming Trial by Seven.

Archived