ASOIAF Guessing Game version II AfU: Favorite historical male character: Top 5. Number 1

Jon's Queen Consort

19 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

It all depends on what one takes "great example of a bloodline" to mean. Daemon was on my list for being an interesting guy, but I personally wouldn't call someone who commissions murders of children a "great" example of any bloodline - and I don't think that most Targs murdered children...

Great at “Fire and blood” not great person in general ;) 

Number 14; Raymun Fossoway 29 points.

The founder of House Fossoway of New Barrel he was present during the the Ashford Tourney and took part at the Trial of Seven being one of Dunk’s champions after being knighted by Ser Lyonel Baratheon.

Julia H. 22+5=27

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 22+5=27

Lady of Whisperers  21+5=26

Little Scribe of Naath  21+5=26

Annara Snow   20+5=25

6 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Number 13.......Lann the Clever?

Luck (ok), Confidence (yes), Cunning (double yes), Famous (infamous may be a better descriptor for that swindler, lol)

If I go with options for #13, I will probably have Lann on the list.

39 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Luck (ok), Confidence (yes), Cunning (double yes), Famous (infamous may be a better descriptor for that swindler, lol)

If I go with options for #13, I will probably have Lann on the list.

The clue made me think of Tyrion, which then led me to Lann. You're right that infamous is a better way to describe him :P 

Duncan the Tall is the very opposite of cunning; it's not him. He is Brienne's ancestor, (and they're very similar in nature) so you can guess how he might have been.

(The D&E books are really good, btw, my favourite of the companion stories to ASOIAF)

I'm also going to go with Lann the Clever for 13. and Adam of Hull (Addam Velaryon) for 12.

Dunk & Egg novellas are wonderful. And yeah... not only doesn't Dunk fit this at all (he's definitely not cunning, and also not all that confident, either), he's also certainly not going to be this low on the list.

13 Lann the Clever points 30

Accoording to some legends Lann was a bastard to either Florys the Fox or to Rowan Gold-Tree and he once fooled Garth Greenhand on believing that he was one of his bastards. Other legends are describing how he took Casterly Rock from the Casterlys and took it from himself and even how he stole gold from the sun to brighten his hair. We might never find out the truth. What we do know is that his descendants the Lannisters are now the Great Lords or the Westerlands and Casterly Rock and all of its wealth its theirs.

Julia H. 27+5=32

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 27+5=32

Lady of Whisperers  26+5=31

Little Scribe of Naath  26+5=31

Annara Snow   25+5=30

12 Ser Addam Velaryopoints 30

Addam who was formerly known as Addam of Hull was the bastard son of Marilda of Hull and Laenor Velaryon and had one brother Alyn who was later known as the Oakenfist. He was one of the dragonseed who answered to prince Jacaerys’ call and he was able to bond with Ser Laenor’s dragon Seasmoke. Addam was loyal to Queen Rhaenyra since the end of his life. He died during the Second battle of Tumbleton in 130. Eight years later his body returned to Driftmark and his brother the Master of Driftmark put the word “Loyal” as the single word on his brother gravestone.

Julia H. 32+5=37

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 32+5=37

Lady of Whisperers  31+5=36

Little Scribe of Naath  31+5=36

Annara Snow   30+5=35

Archived