ASOIAF Guessing Game version II AfU: Favorite historical male character: Top 5. Number 1

Jon's Queen Consort

AA fits the clue as well (if he really did save the world.) 

8 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Torrhen didn't sacrifice anyone, as far as I know, so I don't see how he would fit. Unless we assume he had a burning desire to be called King. and even that's a stretch.

The clue doesn't necessarily mean sacrifice as in killing someone, just that the needs of many outweigh those of the "one"......so IMO Torrhen giving up his crown and title for the safety and stability of the North does fit. Westeros after all, is a culture which respects machismo, prowess at war, kingship and it's associated glory, etc so he did lose face.

Unless I can think of others, for now I'll go with:

1. Torrhen Stark

2. Azor Ahai

3. Ser Galladon of Morne, the Perfect Knight (simply because I need to fill this spot)

4 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

AA fits the clue as well (if he really did save the world.) 

The clue doesn't necessarily mean sacrifice as in killing someone, just that the needs of many outweigh those of the "one"......so IMO Torrhen giving up his crown and title for the safety and stability of the North does fit. Westeros after all, is a culture which respects machismo, prowess at war, kingship and it's associated glory, etc so he did lose face.

Unless I can think of others, for now I'll go with:

1. Torrhen Stark

2. Azor Ahai

3. Ser Galladon of Morne, the Perfect Knight (simply because I need to fill this spot)

Well, I'm pretty sure that the need to not die is far greater than the need to retain the title of King, so making peace with Aegon still served Torrhen's needs as much as anyone else's. And he clearly didn't lose face, since there's a place called Torrhen's Square, and we never hear of any Northmen hating on or badmouthing Torrhen. (I guess they are smarter than some would give them credit.)

Ok it was much more than an hour.
Number 10; Daeron II Targaryen points 43

The whole realm knew that the girl loved Daeron's bastard brother Daemon Blackfyre, and was loved by him in turn, but the king was wise enough to see that the good of thousands must come before the desires of two, even if those two were dear to him.
~Doran Martell

Lady of Whisperers 41
Little Scribe of Naath 41
Annara Snow 40
Julia H. 39
Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 38

Number 9:

Remembered forndly throughout Westeros as one of the best but may or may not his actions could had caused destruction throughout Westeros.

Number 8: 

Remember with mixed emotions either as and a coward or as an altruistic hero.

DEADLINE 16.1. 00:00 EET.

25 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Number 9:

Remembered forndly throughout Westeros as one of the best but may or may not his actions could had caused destruction throughout Westeros.

Does this mean that the person in question is remembered fondly even though his actions caused destruction in Westeros? Or does it mean that his actions could have caused destruction, but it was averted?

16 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Does this mean that the person in question is remembered fondly even though his actions caused destruction in Westeros? Or does it mean that his actions could have caused destruction, but it was averted?

The majority of his actions were good and he is remembered fondly for that. But there was one decision that has caused something that happened in the future that had brought destruction, but his decision wasn't the only reason.

#9 Either

Aegon V for his decision to marry for love, an example his children followed, and could have resulted in disaster.

OR

Aemon the Dragonknight, for his love of Naerys. Because Naery's son Daeron may have been Aemon's, Aegon IV legitimized all his bastards, and gave one the VS sword Blackfyre.

Torrhen Stark

In order to clarify for number 9;

The majority of his actions were good and he is remembered fondly for that. But there was one decision that has caused something that happened in the future that had brought destruction, but his decision wasn't the only reason.

He was great one of the best, but he took one decision that may had caused, without being the only reason, something terrible in the future. 

11 hours ago, Julia H. said:

9. Gambling on Jaeherys I. (I think Aegon I could also fit, but he should be higher on the list.)

8. Torrhen Stark 

Aegon I is lower on the list. He was at #11. Am I the only one paying attention and keeping notes of the list? :lol:

Archived