Election 2016 - ASOIAF version

Snoop Arryn

8 minutes ago, Maester of Valyria said:

0Depends if @Tijgy is from Wallonia or not :D

No. The Northern Part.

19 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I'm sure you feel a hell of a lot better about being Belgian today than I do about being American.

We did have our own "black sunday" - day when our extreme right party won a lot of votes in '90s. But we have a different electoral system and they are systematically excluded from any participation in governance, ... by the other political parties. 

On 10/11/2016 at 4:00 PM, Tijgy said:

No. The Northern Part.

We did have our own "black sunday" - day when our extreme right party won a lot of votes in '90s. But we have a different electoral system and they are systematically excluded from any participation in governance, ... by the other political parties. 

Fair enough.

As for your new electoral system: as a liberal living in the UK right now I am incredibly jealous of everywhere which doesn't use FPTP: right now we have an unelected far-right government that is devoted to committing the greatest act of political and economic self-harm our country has ever accomplished. On behalf of everyone in my country right now I apologise to Europe: we aren't all ignorant racist bigots.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:08 PM, Maester of Valyria said:

Jaime Lannister for President King! He has many remarkable qualities:

• inherited a lot of wealth from his father that he doesn't know what to do with
  • generally despised by all right-thinking smallfolk
  • messed up relationships with women in general and female family members in particular
  • his son is a monster
  • child abuser
  • abnormal hands ;)

He will make Westeros great again!

Cersei Lannister for queen! She too has an impressive resume:

• spent years fighting for a political voice while being overshadowed by her husband the President King
  • has been keen on military intervention in the past but now realises that it may be her downfall
  • terrible with communication networks - Jaime just ignored her letter!
  • battled an older, male contender for the Oval Throne at an earlier stage in the war

[any resemblance to any real life persons living or dead is entirely coincidental]

GRRM compared Trump to Joffrey, on his blog, before the election. Jaime is way wittier and less misogynistic (and ableist), though both share a rather creepy affinity towards immediate female family members,,,,,,,

I think HRC is closer to being Stannis, with Bill as Robert overshadowing her.  Stannis is bad with communication in general, and is not very charismatic. Both have done dishonorable things in their pursuit for power. But they also take their responsibility seriously.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:30 PM, Tijgy said:

As someone from Belgium I feel now being discriminated :( 

According to Westersnopes this is a false rumor being widely circulated on raven media. While most of the quote is accurate, Candidate Tommen actually wants to ban imports of beets.

In other news Lord Petyr Baelish is reaching out to the lower classes, claiming to be running to represent the forgotten Westerosi voter. At his latest rally, signs were seen bearing the slogan "Smallfolk for Littlefinger."  Well-known pundit Varys Nolastname insists that this is merely a ploy on Baelish' part, that he is exploiting the underprivileged and ignorant into thinking he can and will fix a broken system in order to get their votes. Varys further claims that the only member of government who truly cares for the realm is not running, and that this is the second-worst election campaign Westeros has seen.

On 10 November 2016 at 3:42 AM, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

The Maesters lobby supports King Tommen

Dany is a terrorist who plans to bring foreign WMD's to the 7K

The Maesters are a proof that the establishment just agrees to whatever Joffrey says.

Only one candidate truly has the interests of real people at heart. She represents the future and her experience is second-to-none. Don't consider that third party candidates are a waste of a vote - in fact, they are they way of the future.

Help Westeros Grow Strong.

VOTE OLENNA TYRELL!

16 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

GRRM compared Trump to Joffrey, on his blog, before the election. Jaime is way wittier and less misogynistic (and ableist), though both share a rather creepy affinity towards immediate female family members,,,,,,,

I think HRC is closer to being Stannis, with Bill as Robert overshadowing her.  Stannis is bad with communication in general, and is not very charismatic. Both have done dishonorable things in their pursuit for power. But they also take their responsibility seriously.

Haha really? That sounds brilliant, do you have a link? Although I was thinking Joffrey was more like Eric Trump.

Hmm...yes I can see that actually. Both would be effective and competent leaders although unloved by their subjects. Stannis also dishonourably used a private letter distribution server when spreading rumours about the royal children.

6 hours ago, Maester of Valyria said:

Haha really? That sounds brilliant, do you have a link? Although I was thinking Joffrey was more like Eric Trump.

Hmm...yes I can see that actually. Both would be effective and competent leaders although unloved by their subjects. Stannis also dishonourably used a private letter distribution server when spreading rumours about the royal children.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/504703.html?thread=25189247#t25189247

Though Eric Trump might do too.......that guy's resting face looks very much like arrogant Joff.

Stan also took down the more popular candidate from his own party whom he ideally should have been working with :P 

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

You clearly need to look past different universe divides and vote for me.....

Kudos for keeping power so long, but you clearly were not out to balance the force, you just wanted everything your way. Westeros is suffering from imbalance now and needs a candidate who can provide compromise, not one-sided pseudo-mandates. Also...you don't have dragons. :P

Though I would like to see your stump speeches and what Mel would say about your candidacy.

12 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Kudos for keeping power so long, but you clearly were not out to balance the force, you just wanted everything your way. Westeros is suffering from imbalance now and needs a candidate who can provide compromise, not one-sided pseudo-mandates. Also...you don't have dragons. :P

Though I would like to see your stump speeches and what Mel would say about your candidacy.

Sometimes it is for the best if you have someone who knows what's best for the realm and has vision to change things for the better.

Just think of the stability and security I could bring, the white walkers hunted down and destroyed.

Plus,lest we forget, the power of a dragon is insignificant next to the power of the force-it would also just be a splatter bug on the command deck of a Star Destroyer.

I propose Westeros be bought under Sith rule until stability is restored then regional rule handed back to Grand Moff Cersei.

21 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Though Eric Trump might do too.......that guy's resting face looks very much like arrogant Joff.

Stan also took down the more popular candidate from his own party whom he ideally should have been working with :P 

But does he have Jaime's unusual hands?B)

Ah now in my analogy Bernie Stannis was the older, male and better contender whom Clinton Lannister fought against earlier on!

Thanks for the link :D

On 11/14/2016 at 6:03 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Sometimes it is for the best if you have someone who knows what's best for the realm and has vision to change things for the better.

Just think of the stability and security I could bring, the white walkers hunted down and destroyed.

Plus,lest we forget, the power of a dragon is insignificant next to the power of the force-it would also just be a splatter bug on the command deck of a Star Destroyer.

I propose Westeros be bought under Sith rule until stability is restored then regional rule handed back to Grand Moff Cersei.

:D You're assuming universe compatibility with regard to powers. What if the force doesn't work on the Others? What if the dragons are more dangerous than you are? Hey, do you think you could maybe ride a dragon?

I agree it would be great to have someone who has both vision and the knowledge of what's best for the realm. But how do we know you have both? Hard to see it given that you seem to think Cersei is capable of governing a region and is worthy to be a Grand Moff. 

6 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

:D You're assuming universe compatibility with regard to powers. What if the force doesn't work on the Others? What if the dragons are more dangerous than you are? Hey, do you think you could maybe ride a dragon?

I agree it would be great to have someone who has both vision and the knowledge of what's best for the realm. But how do we know you have both? Hard to see it given that you seem to think Cersei is capable of governing a region and is worthy to be a Grand Moff. 

Of course the force would work on the others,however I'd find that far too tedious and time consuming, ariel bombardment from a Star Destroyer would be a far more efficient way to deal with them.

There are only a handful of people who would be fit to govern, unfortunately Mageor and Aerys are dead,which leaves Littlefinger and Cersei,as I'm all about equality and equal opportunities, it goes to Cersei.

On 11/16/2016 at 2:49 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Of course the force would work on the others,however I'd find that far too tedious and time consuming, ariel bombardment from a Star Destroyer would be a far more efficient way to deal with them.

There are only a handful of people who would be fit to govern, unfortunately Mageor and Aerys are dead,which leaves Littlefinger and Cersei,as I'm all about equality and equal opportunities, it goes to Cersei.

Arial bombardment would certainly work against the wights. Not so sure about the Others themselves. Have you done any feasibility studies, or are you just making this up as you go along (which of course is a fine political tradition)?

I can see your point about Maegor but Aerys II was too unpredictable and would not have followed your orders well. As to Cersei...unless the main qualification for the post is having a thing for wildfire, I imagine Darth Zannah would call that taking equality a bit too far. 

Have you considered maybe joining the Night's Watch instead? They already wear black and they're in need of a Lord Commander at present.

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Arial bombardment would certainly work against the wights. Not so sure about the Others themselves. Have you done any feasibility studies, or are you just making this up as you go along (which of course is a fine political tradition)?

I can see your point about Maegor but Aerys II was too unpredictable and would not have followed your orders well. As to Cersei...unless the main qualification for the post is having a thing for wildfire, I imagine Darth Zannah would call that taking equality a bit too far. 

Have you considered maybe joining the Night's Watch instead? They already wear black and they're in need of a Lord Commander at present.

I don't think they'd be capable of surviving a turbolaser blast.

Aerys would have followed my orders to the letter, the force has a strong influence on the weak minded. I like Cersei and would certainly give her a chance to govern, of course, if she failed me she would be destroyed,equality works both ways.

The Nights Watch?, no I'd not considered it.

Protecting the peasants isn't really my thing, I'm more about iron fisted rule.

Archived