Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

13 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Arya and Bran should be a good reunion given they have probably the second closest relationship of the surviving Starks. I trust they will find a way to screw it up.

my two favs together!

and if the leaks are true they have no story

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

jonerys just needs 3 episodes and exchanging looks......

Anakin felt in love with Padme as a boy....LoL

Sure, but Anakin + Padme was done in the most cheesy way possible, especially in Episode II.

Imagine Jonaerys will be worse than that and everyone will still praise GOT as the best TV show on television...

11 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Sure, but Anakin + Padme was done in the most cheesy way possible, especially in Episode II.

Imagine Jonaerys will be worse than that and everyone will still praise GOT as the best TV show on television...

maybe they were inspired by them....LOl

4 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

People are really critical of the show BTW.  I did not see any critics defending Jon or Sansa's actions last year.  But I guess there will be fans who do so.  Probably the same fans who went from thinking the leaks were bad fanfiction to praising them as the awesomest thing ever now that they are apparently true.

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

my two favs together!

and if the leaks are true they have no story

You are forgetting Bran's investigation in Jon's parentage. 

Jeey!

:bang: 

Come on, Bran. Get your throne back from that dragonloving kneeling cousin of yours! 

8 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

You are forgetting Bran's investigation in Jon's parentage. 

Jeey!

:bang: 

Come on, Bran. Get your throne back from that dragonloving kneeling cousin of yours! 

Why does Bran care who Jon's dad is anyway?  

And Jon sells out the North and the Starks to Dany, so there apparently is no independent Northern Kingdom at the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Why does Bran care who Jon's dad is anyway?  

Maybe it is his sneaky plan to discredit Jon and his claim? If he makes it public that Jon is only the son of Ned's little sister (last in line!!!) and the grandson of Rickard's and Brandon's murderer, it might Jon less popular with the Northern Lords. 

Sadly 1° Bran will probably more interested in what this secret might mean for the fight against the wights, 2° I do not think Bran cares that much about his birth rights as Ned's only surviving son (although he loves Winterfell and wants to protect it), 3° Bran is not going openly against Jon about which guy is Ned's real heir and never show any care about intrigue. 

So this will be completely out of character (... we do speak about D&D so it might not be a good argument. A better argument might be that D&D do not care one thing about Bran and will certainly do nothing about the legitimacy of Jon as the King in the North :dunno:)

As much as it possible to find any logic in GOT, I think Bran cares about Jon's dad for three reasons: 1° curiosity about his family's history, 2° helping Jon with discovering his parent because he cares about his brother, 3° (and the most important) He thinks it is important in the fight against the Night's King (I really hate the fact they named him the NK). 

And Bran isn't important enough to do anything in the show except for telling the story about one of their faves. 

You think that Jon is one of the showrunners' favs.  If he was, then they would portray him as a competent person rather than a dithering idiot.  And also they wouldn't have him kneel to Snowflake Targaryen.  The producers are fans of Dany; the girl is portrayed as never doing anything wrong.

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Maybe it is his sneaky plan to discredit Jon and his claim? If he makes it public that Jon is only the son of Ned's little sister (last in line!!!) and the grandson of Rickard's and Brandon's murderer, it might Jon less popular with the Northern Lords. 

Sadly 1° Bran will probably more interested in what this secret might mean for the fight against the wights, 2° I do not think Bran cares that much about his birth rights as Ned's only surviving son (although he loves Winterfell and wants to protect it), 3° Bran is not going openly against Jon about which guy is Ned's real heir and never show any care about intrigue. 

So this will be completely out of character (... we do speak about D&D so it might not be a good argument. A better argument might be that D&D do not care one thing about Bran and will certainly do nothing about the legitimacy of Jon as the King in the North :dunno:)

As much as it possible to find any logic in GOT, I think Bran cares about Jon's dad for three reasons: 1° curiosity about his family's history, 2° helping Jon with discovering his parent because he cares about his brother, 3° (and the most important) He thinks it is important in the fight against the Night's King (I really hate the fact they named him the NK). 

And Bran isn't important enough to do anything in the show except for telling the story about one of their faves. 

I completely agree.

and certainly he won't do it to become the KITN, even if he deserves it. He is humble and would not do it.

14 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Arya and Bran should be a good reunion given they have probably the second closest relationship of the surviving Starks. I trust they will find a way to screw it up.

Without a doubt.

9 hours ago, kg1982 said:

People are really critical of the show BTW.  I did not see any critics defending Jon or Sansa's actions last year.  But I guess there will be fans who do so.  Probably the same fans who went from thinking the leaks were bad fanfiction to praising them as the awesomest thing ever now that they are apparently true.

Really? Most of the critics in fact were praising the show from what I remember.....specially Sansa's character was a hit among the faux-feminists. I don't remember any mainstream criticism for the show, do you have links?

6 hours ago, kg1982 said:

You think that Jon is one of the showrunners' favs.  If he was, then they would portray him as a competent person rather than a dithering idiot.  And also they wouldn't have him kneel to Snowflake Targaryen.  The producers are fans of Dany; the girl is portrayed as never doing anything wrong.

Jon is one of their favs but only because he can do battle and action scenes. When it comes to actually writing the character they fail miserably. 

Archived