Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

31 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

what if she has another child and dies or gets murdered and Jaime is blessed finally with a child to raise, leaving the King's Guard.  Plus, the other spoiler's suggest he turns out to be a brilliant war commander in the coming battles so he would have wonderful things written of him in the Book.

Cersei doesn't deserve it, I'd like to see Jaime have it.

Jaime has already left the Kingsguard and that child can't live because of what is told in ep 5.1 (Maggy the Frog Prophecy).

Jaime could also be blessed if he had that son with a woman with who he had a healthy relationship, and with mutual love. This woman already exists in the books and in the show....

You know, in show Universe, how can Cersei claim to be King when she is not even head of House Lannister? Jaime was dismissed from the Kingsguard and that makes him a Lannister again, first born male son of the last Lord. So, Jaime should be King before Cersei. Besides, he leads their armies, so.....

23 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

that makes him a Lannister again, first born male son of the last Lord. So, Jaime should be King before Cersei

Why should Jaime be king? Cersei didn't claim the throne on account of being Tywin's daughter, she just claimed it.  

And Jaime was still in the kingsguard when Tywin died, so Cersei inherited lawfully, she is head of house Lannister.

33 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaime has already left the Kingsguard and that child can't live because of what is told in ep 5.1 (Maggy the Frog Prophecy).

Jaime could also be blessed if he had that son with a woman with who he had a healthy relationship, and with mutual love. This woman already exists in the books and in the show....

Jaime dies along with Cersei.  

2 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Why should Jaime be king? Cersei didn't claim the throne on account of being Tywin's daughter, she just claimed it.  

And Jaime was still in the kingsguard when Tywin died, so Cersei inherited lawfully, she is head of house Lannister.

When Jaime was relieved of Kingsguard, he was head of his family or should be by laws of Gods and Men. How can his sister proclaim herself Queen on the Iron Throne/Head or their house? See the problem with illogical things on this show? They are not in Dorne where first born inherit.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

How can his sister proclaim herself Queen on the Iron Throne/Head or their house? See the problem with illogical things on this show? They are not in Dorne where first born inherit.

...you do realise that Cersei lawfully inherited Casterly Rock/the Westerlands in the books, right? By way of being Tywin's only eligible heir? Because Jaime was in the kingsguard and Tyrion was a convicted criminal. Cersei didn't proclaim herself head of house Lannister, she inherited that from Tywin.

12 minutes ago, lidsa said:

...you do realise that Cersei lawfully inherited Casterly Rock/the Westerlands in the books, right? By way of being Tywin's only eligible heir? Because Jaime was in the kingsguard and Tyrion was a convicted criminal. Cersei didn't proclaim herself head of house Lannister, she inherited that from Tywin.

What armies to Cersei lead?, Jaime leads them. Technically, Tommen inherited them, in the books, Cersei does not own them either, they are Tommen's, Daven, a cousin is essentially, a regional regent but it follows the eldest male heir of the ruler. On the show, Tommen kicked Jaime out of the King'sguard and he is donning House Lannister's colors, leading their armies. By the show, cough, cough, ughhh.... logic, how can Cersei claim anything over Jaime now? I suppose the season could open and they married each other. Why not right, on this show, incest is best.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

What armies to Cersei lead?, Jaime leads them.

So? Dorne's armies aren't led by Doran, that doesn't mean he isn't head of house Martell. A commander is just a commander, he's replaceable. The head of house is not.

Technically, Tommen inherited them, in the books, Cersei does not own them either,

No, Cersei inherited. Cersei is Tywin's daughter, Tommen is only his grandson. That means Cersei inherited before Tommen. However Tommen is Cersei's heir, as is Myrcella. 

Women do inherit, they just come after their brothers (outside of Dorne). Cersei's brothers were ineligible at the time of Tywin's death, so that's why Cersei inherited.

Daven, a cousin is essentially, a regional regent but it follows the eldest male heir of the ruler.  

Daven is only Warden of the Westerlands because Cersei names him Warden. 

On the show, Tommen kicked Jaime out of the King'sguard and he is donning House Lannister's colors, leading their armies. By the show, cough, cough, ughhh.... logic, how can Cersei claim anything over Jaime now?  

There is no "claiming over" anybody. As I already said: Jaime was still in the kingsguard when Tywin died, that's why Cersei inherited. Jaime was kicked out too late to claim the inheritance. Now if he wants the Westerlands, he can of course press a claim. But he would have to fight Cersei for it, because she has lawfully inherited.

I suppose the season could open and they married each other. Why not right, on this show, incest is best.

Well, that's what Cersei and Jaime were thinking about in the books.

37 minutes ago, lidsa said:

So? Dorne's armies aren't led by Doran, that doesn't mean he isn't head of house Martell. A commander is just a commander, he's replaceable. The head of house is not.

No, Cersei inherited. Cersei is Tywin's daughter, Tommen is only his grandson. That means Cersei inherited before Tommen. However Tommen is Cersei's heir, as is Myrcella. 

Women do inherit, they just come after their brothers (outside of Dorne). Cersei's brothers were ineligible at the time of Tywin's death, so that's why Cersei inherited.

Daven is only Warden of the Westerlands because Cersei names him Warden. 

There is no "claiming over" anybody. As I already said: Jaime was still in the kingsguard when Tywin died, that's why Cersei inherited. Jaime was kicked out too late to claim the inheritance. Now if he wants the Westerlands, he can of course press a claim. But he would have to fight Cersei for it, because she has lawfully inherited.

Well, that's what Cersei and Jaime were thinking about in the books.

Dorne's being run by a bunch of Bastards that murdered the ruler and heir and no one gives a damn. that is the problem.

Jaime was removed from the Kingsguard, not sent to take the Black, not exiled. This is what Tywin wanted when he and Jaime cut a deal to have Tyrion take the Black, before Tyrion wanted a trial by combat. Jaime gets all Lannister holdings and is the head of the family, while Tommen is still alive or atleast he should.

Daven is in the books and for that matter, Jaime is still in the Kingsguard. The show has really diverted in that regard.

Caims matter, the whole series is about thrones, claims and rights as well as magic but that is not what we are talking about here.

Jaime has essentually been relived of the obligations and limitations of the Kingsguard. He gets his personal life and rights back or should.

15 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jaime was removed from the Kingsguard, not sent to take the Black, not exiled.

Yes, but Jaime was still a kingsguard when Tywin died. You can't claim an inheritance so long after the previous Lord died. Because by then, someone else will have inherited. Jaime didn't have a better claim at the time of Tywin's death, because he had no claim whatsoever (because he was still a kingsguard).

This is what Tywin wanted when he and Jaime cut a deal  

It doesn't matter what deal Tywin and Jaime made. The deal didn't just not hold because Tyrion fucked it up, it also was never made legal, so Jaime didn't leave the kingsguard in time. It doesn't matter how often you repeat that the show makes no sense, in this regard it does, because Cersei being Lady of the Westerlands and head of house Lannister is taken directly from the books.

to have Tyrion take the Black, before Tyrion wanted a trial by combat. Jaime gets all Lannister holdings and is the head of the family, while Tommen is still alive or atleast he should.  

Tommen wouldn't be Jaime's heir anyhow, because if Jaime had become head of House Lannister, he would've been expected to have a family. If Tywin's and Jaime's deal had come true, the line of succession would have been: Tywin > Jaime > Jaime's sons > Jaime's daughters > Cersei > Cersei's sons > Cersei's daughters > Kevan > etc.  

He gets his personal life and rights back or should.

Yes, and his "rights" include being able to inherit from Cersei. But Tywin's inheritance is done and over with.   

Or do you think if Bran comes back he will be made Lord of Winterfell over Sansa or be made King in the North over Jon? After all, his claim trumps theirs, and when he comes back he should have his rights back, right?

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Brienne is destined for Tormund!!!! :D

guess i forgot a lot of this show.  Westworld can do that to you

25 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Yes, but Jaime was still a kingsguard when Tywin died. You can't claim an inheritance so long after the previous Lord died. Because by then, someone else will have inherited. Jaime didn't have a better claim at the time of Tywin's death, because he had no claim whatsoever (because he was still a kingsguard).

It doesn't matter what deal Tywin and Jaime made. The deal didn't just not hold because Tyrion fucked it up, it also was never made legal, so Jaime didn't leave the kingsguard in time. It doesn't matter how often you repeat that the show makes no sense, in this regard it does, because Cersei being Lady of the Westerlands and head of house Lannister is taken directly from the books.

Tommen wouldn't be Jaime's heir anyhow, because if Jaime had become head of House Lannister, he would've been expected to have a family. If Tywin's and Jaime's deal had come true, the line of succession would have been: Tywin > Jaime > Jaime's sons > Jaime's daughters > Cersei > Cersei's sons > Cersei's daughters > Kevan > etc.  

Yes, and his "rights" include being able to inherit from Cersei. But Tywin's inheritance is done and over with.   

Or do you think if Bran comes back he will be made Lord of Winterfell over Sansa or be made King in the North over Jon? After all, his claim trumps theirs, and when he comes back he should have his rights back, right?

Yes, but Jaime was never a bastard legitmized, attainted traitor. It is a technical mess but there is at minimal a discussion to be had regarding who should be what as far as Lannister. However, it probably does not matter as in Jaime follows and covets Cersei's crotch so, he will do what she wants atleast until the writers have him do otherwise. I will be dissapointed if the books go this way as far as Cersie but I guess we have no choice but to wait and see.

Bran is absolutely the rightful King, ruler of the North, Winterfell. Technically, Sansa is Lady of the Dreadfort by all rights. However, if this were the books, such things would be addressed, on this show, sadly, they are mucked up.

On 19.11.2016 at 11:27 AM, kg1982 said:

Lots of fans were critical of both Jon and Sansa's actions during the Battle for Winterfell.  

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12008792/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dany-sansa-everyone-awful

Thanks for the link. It was an interesting read. I have seen both kinds of reviews. Positive reviews which often praised Sansa's development, but also negative ones. Though I've probably seen a lower number of negative reviews. 

What kinda disappointed me was the podcast of three German TV critics I sometimes listen to. They spend a lot of time discussing Sansa (not just in this episode but over the whole season) and tried to figure her out, but couldn't. They said that it didn't make a lot sense for her to withhold the information about the KotV and tried to figure out why she was doing it, but when they gave their rating for the episode the pretty much said "yeah, maybe Sansa's behaviour was a bit weird. However, the episode was so great that deducing points for this would be complete nitpicking so we still give the episode 5 out of 5 stars." And I just thought "no, this isn't nitpicking. Sansa not telling about the KotV is a logical flaw. It's your job to be critical and criticise logical flaws or other stuff you think could be improved and if you see such stuff you have to deduce points for this. You can still give the episode 4,5 out of 5 stars. That would still be a higher grade than many other shows have". 

22 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

This is so true. Although they'll try their hardest to turn Jon, Tyrion and Dany into heroes which the audience should root for, I'm rooting for the NK.

The unfortunate thing, however, is that this reviewer seems to think this is an accurate reflection of the books, which it is not. I've been saying for a while that GRRM should really come out and state in no uncertain terms that the books and the show are on separate paths now; they are two entirely different stories. 

I agree completely and I'm also a bit disappointed by the fact that the reviewer thinks that this is an accurate reflection of the books. GRRM has pretty much said that the show and the books tell to different stories and are two different beings which we should view independently. Maybe it would help if he criticises the show openly and says that the show has a completely different message than his books. However, I don't think that he will do that, at least not before the show is finished. 

BTW I'm also team White Walkers right now. 

On 19.11.2016 at 2:52 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Let's not forget that LF staying all the season in WF, doing anything else (but wanting the iron throne):bang: is the most sensible idea his book counterpart would ever have, of course.

But these leaks with a LF not teleporting...I don't know what to think....everyone teleports except him, the one who created teleportation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well according to the leaks Jon will finally join the group of teleporters next season. 

I guess he has borrowed LF's teleporter and due to the spare resources of the North LF doesn't have access to all the material he needs for building a new one. Therefore, he's stuck in Winterfell for the time being :P 

23 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Well according to the leaks Jon will finally join the group of teleporters next season. 

I guess he has borrowed LF's teleporter and due to the spare resources of the North LF doesn't have access to all the material he needs for building a new one. Therefore, he's stuck in Winterfell for the time being :P 

LOl!!!!! It makes sense this way!:P

32 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

That explains it! :lol:

21 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Jaime dies along with Cersei.  

Tyrion is too obvious for valonqar but Jaime is riding North to fight white walkers. Show is making a mess of it, Cersie should've died next season. But thy like Lena too much or George is planning something else.

3 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Arya killing LF with dagger that was used on Bran and Jon stealing his teleporter. LF deserves better. He helped them liberate the North. 

3 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

You should be writing for the show, LOW :P 

BTW does Jon fly on a dragon to go beyond the Wall this season? Or only Dany?

39 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

You should be writing for the show, LOW :P 

BTW does Jon fly on a dragon to go beyond the Wall this season? Or only Dany?

Thanks, but no.

According to the leaks Jon won't fly a dragon this season. Apparently, Team Wight Hunt is surrounded by wights and Dany and her Dragons come in and save them. However, the leaks say that Jon is left behind and later saved by Bejen. This is a part of the leaks I'm quite sceptical about. It looks like the wight hunt is definitely going to happen (unfortunately), but it might happen in a different way than the leaker has described it. At least I hope so, because it sounds terrible.

There will  be some interaction between Jon and the Dragons on Dragonstone: http://imgur.com/a/t5V8q 

Leaker claims they get along well. 

Wow. I have been away for a while. Just scanned some of the spoilers and ... only thing that really bothers me (except that House Tyrell seems to consist literally of a house/castle and an old woman) is that Littlefinger execution by Arya and Sansa. I mean :wacko: really? That's almost children-book level cheesy stuff. I really hope GRRM doesn't do this.

Dany and Jon? Pfffft. Not wilde about it (still think it's forced and boring-ass) but not mad about it either. Guess Dany's speculated childbirth death will be actually Jon's baby, so some more cheese. Bittersweet my ass.

Archived