Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

On 20/11/2016 at 7:34 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

she stopped drinking it just in case Tommen was gonna die, although she knows she will have only 3 children

LoL

On 20/11/2016 at 7:34 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

if the pregnancy becomes true (no!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!) it will be because the writers decided that Cersei deserved it, as she deserves the love of Jaime and second opportunities because she is not bad. She also deserves that her enemies understand she is HUMAN and LoVELY and TRUSTFUL.

:stillsick:  http://38.media.tumblr.com/0b161d6eba423e342a271f87a3f3d8ab/tumblr_mpiqptqYyO1sp9fcho1_500.gif

On 20/11/2016 at 10:21 PM, Iron Mother said:

I don't know if you are talking show or book.  Because when Tywin commands her to marry again, she refuses and soon after, I cannot recall exactly, someone mentions her having more children or marrying, and she gets a sly grin on her face and says "that's not going to happen NOW".  And there was something else that made me think she took a brew or drug/potion to bring on menopause.... and she is very close to that age.  She's over 40 at that point.

EDIT: if she can get the maester to tell Tywin she has entered menopause, then there is no reason for him to get her to marry.... and as Ollena said, she is invaluable without the ability to breed.

I think in season 4 they hinted that she slept with other men and took moon tea (to abort?)

Rumors are saying the Jaime is wielding "Widows Wail" which of course is the other half "Oathkeeper" which, together was "Ice", House Stark's heirloom Valaryian Steel Sword that was stolen and melted into two peices by the Evil Tywin Lannister (D&D think was "Lawful Neutral". I would love to see Ice re-forged.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Rumors are saying the Jaime is wielding "Widows Wail" which of course is the other half "Oathkeeper" which, together was "Ice", House Stark's heirloom Valaryian Steel Sword that was stolen and melted into two peices by the Evil Tywin Lannister (D&D think was "Lawful Neutral". I would love to see Ice re-forged.

Regarding Tywin: Didn't know that this was their opinion about Tywin, but it doesn't surprise me. They seem to really love the Lannisters (except for Jaime) and don't seem to like honourable behaviour.

Regarding the reforging of Ice: I would really like to see that. Please this should happen. Could that be Gendry's job at some point? 

However, having two seperate Valyrian Steel Swords might be a bit more practical for the fight against the White Walkers, so maybe we should wait with the re-forging until the White Walkers have been dealt with. 

Sidenote: If Arya really ends up with LF's dagger, then we'll have two Valyrian Steel weapons in the hands of Starks and another two in the hand of Stark sympathisers. Though, I'm not sure who'll and up with Heartsbane in the end, since Sam probably can't wield it. Any suggestions? 

5 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Regarding Tywin: Didn't know that this was their opinion about Tywin, but it doesn't surprise me. They seem to really love the Lannisters (except for Jaime) and don't seem to like honourable behaviour.

Regarding the reforging of Ice: I would really like to see that. Please this should happen. Could that be Gendry's job at some point? 

However, having two seperate Valyrian Steel Swords might be a bit more practical for the fight against the White Walkers, so maybe we should wait with the re-forging until the White Walkers have been dealt with. 

Sidenote: If Arya really ends up with LF's dagger, then we'll have two Valyrian Steel weapons in the hands of Starks and another two in the hand of Stark sympathisers. Though, I'm not sure who'll and up with Heartsbane in the end, since Sam probably can't wield it. Any suggestions? 

melt them all down and make a thousand valyrian steel arrowheads.

What surprises me most about the leaks is how much Cersei is making a go of it as Queen. Why exactly is anyone following her at this point? She has no legal claim to the throne, has blown up a religious institution, inspires no loyalty in anyone and was recently paraded through the streets naked. Why exactly does her rule last more than half an hour?

She has wildfyre, but that's entirely situational. Unlike a dragon, you can't use a cache of wildfyre to project power.

Remember when Varys made his point about power to Tyrion in season 2? We're a long way from that now.  

12 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Yes, no doubt D&D&C (C is for Cogman as in Bryan Cogman) love the Lannisters. By a long shot and do not really seem to like the Starks as the Lannisters, Cersei and Tyrion have been white washed and the starks, honor and wit have been diminished in their "adaptation".

I guess Arya might steal the dagger but I am most curious as to this little 4 way play in Winterfell goes down, if true. Sansa, Arya, LF and Bran. Curious.

A Valyrian Steel dagger doesn't seem particularly useful either. You would need a very obliging WW to not be killed before getting in range. Or be totally underestimated like Sam was. Maybe they could melt it down to give Needle a new outer coat.

On 11/21/2016 at 4:24 PM, Lady of Whisperers said:

Thanks, but no.

According to the leaks Jon won't fly a dragon this season. Apparently, Team Wight Hunt is surrounded by wights and Dany and her Dragons come in and save them. However, the leaks say that Jon is left behind and later saved by Bejen. This is a part of the leaks I'm quite sceptical about. It looks like the wight hunt is definitely going to happen (unfortunately), but it might happen in a different way than the leaker has described it. At least I hope so, because it sounds terrible.

So that's why Jon needs LF's teleporter. :P Now I get it.

14 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

What surprises me most about the leaks is how much Cersei is making a go of it as Queen. Why exactly is anyone following her at this point? She has no legal claim to the throne, has blown up a religious institution, inspires no loyalty in anyone and was recently paraded through the streets naked. Why exactly does her rule last more than half an hour?

She has wildfyre, but that's entirely situational. Unlike a dragon, you can't use a cache of wildfyre to project power.

Remember when Varys made his point about power to Tyrion in season 2? We're a long way from that now.  

It'll be interesting to see how Cersei's pregnancy plays out, if that rumour is true. Apart from everything you stated, she's an unmarried Queen in Westeros who recently had to undergo a Walk of Shame for adulterous acts. Is the pregnancy planned or accidental? I really want to see the scene where she decides to keep her baby. So what if this isn't the 21st Century, yo?

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I guess Arya might steal the dagger but I am most curious as to this little 4 way play in Winterfell goes down, if true. Sansa, Arya, LF and Bran. Curious.

Yes, I'm curious about this as well. The winterfell part is one where I'm a bit doubtful about the leaks. Others are Jon's name being Aegeon and Cersei's pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

A Valyrian Steel dagger doesn't seem particularly useful either. You would need a very obliging WW to not be killed before getting in range. Or be totally underestimated like Sam was. Maybe they could melt it down to give Needle a new outer coat.

Yes, melting it would be one idea.

Or she just acts like she is incompetent and afraid, so she gets underestimated like Sam. 

Or the WW starts toying with her like it did with Jon.

Or the show decides to throw logic out of the window again and she changes her face into the one of an WW and surprise attacks them :P

If they want her to be able to kill a WW it will happen somehow (showlogic). 

Anyone else is strongly against Aegon being Jon's birth name? We got no evidence from the bok pointing to this name, only it sounds cool. Also, evidence can be found in the Citadel and Rhaegar annuled his first marriage with Elia. Like it makes sense? Why would Rhaegar annul his first wedding not try to take on second wife, yeah Faith or Lords might not respect it but descruditing his children and wife in this secrete way? Why then three headed dragon and he went all this way to do this? It's a very strange part of the leaks, just don't agree or hope it's different.

On 21. 11. 2016 at 10:24 PM, Lady of Whisperers said:

Thanks, but no.

According to the leaks Jon won't fly a dragon this season. Apparently, Team Wight Hunt is surrounded by wights and Dany and her Dragons come in and save them. However, the leaks say that Jon is left behind and later saved by Bejen. This is a part of the leaks I'm quite sceptical about. It looks like the wight hunt is definitely going to happen (unfortunately), but it might happen in a different way than the leaker has described it. At least I hope so, because it sounds terrible.

There will  be some interaction between Jon and the Dragons on Dragonstone: http://imgur.com/a/t5V8q 

Leaker claims they get along well. 

How would you do i that wight hunt? Jon giving them chance by making this sacrifice makes sense. It's in his character to do this, much like Dan would do it.

On 23-11-2016 at 7:43 AM, TheCasualObserver said:

Well, we're talking about a show where Indira Varma got to "show her acting" skills in sticking a dagger into Siddig's chest and become the new supported ruler of Dorne... and worse Roose warning Ramsay about alienating allies if he continues to act like a wild dog, but instead it gained him allies, after killing Roose. The show is fWesteros, where nobody actually thinks like a Westerosi anymore.

I could believe a logical "truce" situation with someone remaining in power in KL without Dany attacking it directly, if the person on the throne was Aegon. That is indeed a person that Dany might wish to come to some type of understanding with. But Cersei? No way. They cut Aegon and put Cersei on the IT, so now just like with LF and Ramsay in WF they must prolong the villain they have, and spreading Northern S5-S6 nonsense as far as KL.

6 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

They cut Aegon and put Cersei on the IT

I think they have actually swapped them. Which I wouldn't have minded, if it made a little more sense. Because right now there is no reason why Cersei's maids aren't trying to shank her, along with the rest of King's Landing.  

But show-Cersei being on the throne and the Tarlys supporting her instead of Dany (another leak which was just confirmed) makes me think that in the books Tarly is really going to switch sides to Young Griff.

1 minute ago, lidsa said:

I think they have actually swapped them. Which I wouldn't have minded, if it made a little more sense. Because right now there is no reason why Cersei's maids aren't trying to shank her, along with the rest of King's Landing.  

But show-Cersei being on the throne and the Tarlys supporting her instead of Dany (another leak which was just confirmed) makes me think that in the books Tarly is really going to switch sides to Young Griff.

Yup. Cersei will likely try to burn something of KL down, but when she flees from KL, after the city is half starved out by Stokeworth and Rosby and Aegon is knocking on the gate, with the Tyrells and Tarlys quite logically having switched sides. With Kevan and Pycelle dead and Jaime having gone missing, there's just no way I can see the Tyrells continuing to even try to remain allies with Cersei after she showed herself to be an absolute snake setting up Margaery. This is after all the family who was willing to murder one psychopathic king in order to secure Marg's safety. As for the whole sacking of Highgarden. I think that Highgarden will get into trouble, but with an IB fleet sailing up the river, not a "surprise! Let's have a blown up super Lannister army". Heck, if Euron does manage to get a dragon with that horn, then he won't have any scruples in using it to burn anything down.

3 hours ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

I hope that isn't true that, Cersei gets pregnant and then has a miscarriage. That's like a soap opera plot and we could do without that kind of stuff since they cut so much other content to reach the ending.

I just cannot believe this is true. Sounds very bad and doesn't make sense since they Said "now we are gonna see what Cersei is after losing the only thing that made her be human" or something lik that

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Well, we're talking about a show where Indira Varma got to "show her acting" skills in sticking a dagger into Siddig's chest and become the new supported ruler of Dorne... and worse Roose warning Ramsay about alienating allies if he continues to act like a wild dog, but instead it gained him allies, after killing Roose. The show is fWesteros, where nobody actually thinks like a Westerosi anymore.

I could believe a logical "truce" situation with someone remaining in power in KL without Dany attacking it directly, if the person on the throne was Aegon. That is indeed a person that Dany might wish to come to some type of understanding with. But Cersei? No way. They cut Aegon and put Cersei on the IT, so now just like with LF and Ramsay in WF they must prolong the villain they have, and spreading Northern S5-S6 nonsense as far as KL.

Every time I think I've seen something completely improbable, they go and do something even more ridiculous. They must come up with some justification for Cersei being able to do anything this season or it won't make any kind of sense whatsoever. Why would the Lannister soldiers follow her? Are none of them religious people? What is she paying them with now? Why isn't the city in open revolt against her? How can Cersei be successfully fighting a war in highgarden whilst still controlling everything else? The number of questions to ask and impossibilities on screen will be mind numbing. She should have no legal or even military claim to the throne.

I maintain that the leaks must be wrong in a few select areas like here and with LF, because otherwise the writers are being flatly idiotic.

My understanding is that Aegon is Jon's real Targ name and Gilly finding the sekret annulment papers are canary traps.  I certiny hope that boat sex is another canary trap myself.  

1 hour ago, lidsa said:

Randyll Tarly double-crossing the Tyrells is one of the few parts of the leaks that is sort of interesting and makes sense.  Vassals double-crossing their sworn lords because they are promised something like say control over the Reach and Highgarden happens all the time.  In fact, it is exactly what happened to Robb, isn't it?  It is a pity that the rest of the leaks (cough: wight hunt: cough) do not include that level of political intrigue and interesting twists.  Why can't the good guys display the same level of wile and cunning in the pursunit of good that the bad guys do in the pursuit of their own self-interests?  

And FAegon is one of the stupidest part's of A Dance With Dragons.  I am so glad they cut that whiny, misognyist drip of a character from the show.  His only use for me in the books is as delicious Drogon food.

42 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

My understanding is that Aegon is Jon's real Targ name and Gilly finding the sekret annulment papers are canary traps.  I certiny hope that boat sex is another canary trap myself.  

Randyll Tarly double-crossing the Tyrells is one of the few parts of the leaks that is sort of interesting and makes sense.  Vassals double-crossing their sworn lords because they are promised something like say control over the Reach and Highgarden happens all the time.  In fact, it is exactly what happened to Robb, isn't it?  It is a pity that the rest of the leaks (cough: wight hunt: cough) do not include that level of political intrigue and interesting twists.  Why can't the good guys display the same level of wile and cunning in the pursunit of good that the bad guys do in the pursuit of their own self-interests?  

And FAegon is one of the stupidest part's of A Dance With Dragons.  I am so glad they cut that whiny, misognyist drip of a character from the show.  His only use for me in the books is as delicious Drogon food.

It doesn't make sense for Tarly to double cross Tyrells for Cersei. This is the guy who follows the eye for an eye to a T in justice and who thinks a woman who oversteps her role beyond being a pretty wife who bears children needs a good raping. The guy is ruthless, expansive and might double cross Tyrells for another male contender, but for a woman like Cersei who was forced to do a walk of shame? The vassals who tried to doublecross the Tyrells we've already met - Merryweather.

Whether you like or do not like Aegon is irrelevant in a plot sense. He's there to avoid the silly plot as portrayed by the leaks - to get Cersei out of KL and/or make her weaker than she already is.  If you don't at least have her flee to CR, then you get this complete unrealistic situation as S7 - how the hell is it possible she's still ordering people around at the IT? Fine, if they cut Aegon out of it, but prolonging the Cersei stuff is even worse than Ramsay S6 arc. They should have a character, who was introdiced in S6 be the one to sideline her.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Anyone else is strongly against Aegon being Jon's birth name?

No, not Aegon.  I'm still thinking it will be Aemon for Jon's birth-name in the books - one letter difference, but with family connotations. 

1 hour ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I maintain that the leaks must be wrong in a few select areas like here and with LF, because otherwise the writers are being flatly idiotic.

I can't say I disagree with this assessment, but after watching seasons five and six, this is what makes me believe that these leaks are possible.

Archived