Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

2 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Don't know the answers for questions 2-4, but apparently marriage certificates are just lying around at the citadel. 

Despite this thread´s reality I really am not enjoying being nasty.... On the other hand... While they know much more then ordinary book readers, I suspect for a long time that D+D are actively surfing fan forums and turning their theories into actual plot points. 

17 hours ago, Liver and Onions said:

Space has warped and time is bendable!

Doctor visited Westeros?

15 hours ago, Tifani said:

she obviously fucked jaime in season 6

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

maybe they consumated in s6 in that horrible scene where they are kissing.

I don't recall that.

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But the pregnancy makes nonsense whatsoever, brcause the showrunners said we were gonna see what's left in Cersei once her kids have died(that would contradict themselves) and it's only cheap and absurd drama to continue the twincest.......

They also had forgotten about Cersei's black haired baby.

3 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Don't know the answers for questions 2-4, but apparently marriage certificates are just lying around at the citadel. 

I could actually see that but yet again it's Gilly not Sam.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Doctor visited Westeros?

I don't recall that.

They also had forgotten about Cersei's black haired baby.

I could actually see that but yet again it's Gilly not Sam.

they probably had sex after this scene cut. 

I hated the part where he was joking with Dany about what to do with Jorah and then was joking with Varys about hiring red fanatics and then he was joking with the wise masters several times and then he was and then he jokingly moderated Dany's crazy Targaryen instincts.

Did Dumb&Dumber forget that Tyrion was supposed to be smart or have some political savvy at least? In the earlier seasons, he did that; but in S5-6, he was just joking about cocks. I hated that.

6 hours ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Uh, which the long walk? She gets like equal screentime with Jon and Danayy, and they have a throne thing going on there - these are the only "king" characters, so that doesn't mean the other ones are gonna be less important.

No reason for her to suddenly stop being important especially in her new position, and no reason to stop doing her PoV (though I suspect it'll scale back again), but she's not gonna suddenly become the protagonist and all the other become supporting characters come on

Cersei is one of the big4 characters ad this season she'll probably be number1. All the leaks are about Jon and Dany not attacking her despite having done what she has done and instead go to hunting wights for her. It's her season.

They... hunt wights to please her Majestey, or because they're the protagonists of the WW conflict and presenting evidence to the royal court is supposed to gain them its support and fighting forces?

They "don't attack her" persumably because her reign is acceptable at the moment and collaborating with her appears more constructive to them?
What did she really do that was that bad in their eyes - did some scheming they don't care about, blew up some likeable Tyrells and Kevan whom they also don't care about*; got rid of the religious fanatics that she put there herself, who might've been more of a hindrance to them or less, who knows.

The only reason people were rooting for Cersei to get destroyed was because Dany sailed off with that smirk and Cersei wasn't an entirely nice person - but if she doesn't start going mad and burning everyone then, you know, why really not.

So Jon and the rest are gonna be active protagonists who hunt wights and maybe fight ice dragons or something, and Cersei a chaotic wild card trying to aid the wights or something - i.e. she'll turn into a villain, OF COURSE she'll have prominence.

*WAIT, just thought of that - I think Sansa could bethe only person to have a serious problem with what Cersei did, if they are to collaborate: probably would be upset that Margaery got killed, especially that it was due to Cersei having her imprisoned in the first place.

So sansa could have a problem with Cersei and Tyrion (and Jaime but that's already) with the Sands over Myrcella, so that might be cool.

(Aside from everything else that will suck that is, and it's probably not even gonna be in it! Whew, stayed on topic in the end :o)

45 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

They "don't attack her" persumably because her reign is acceptable at the moment and collaborating with her appears more constructive to them?

Interesting, explaining away a plot hole, using a different plot hole.

But the reign can't be acceptable to someone like Dany. Cersei has committed a genocide. Even if the leaks have plot holes...even without the leaks... people can guess that Cersei is the evil here, and I find unsatisfying that they don't attack KG.

Wait wai wait, what "genocide"? 150 people in a church don't a folk comprise.

Yes, I kinda wasn't thinking about that, obviously Daenerys is totally out to get the iron throne, especially from someone like Cersei - but I meant if Jon and the other Northerners decide to put aside their "retribution" in the name of stability or, in this case, facing the WWs and all, they might find it acceptable.

They could have a conflict among the Northerners where the moderating voice eventually wins against the revenge bent, and then Daenerys is also persuaded not to roll into KL immediately, and Sansa would be placated for the time being, and then we'll see how it goes eh?

The main point is that unless Cersei goes completely barking mad in her reign, it'll be believable for the other parties to tolerate her as a queen and/or ally - against the wishes of several characters/groups who're angry with her or the Sands.

Maybe afterwards their anger boils over and they muck up this crucial alliance/stability? Who knows, lots of conflicts and scenarios are possible here.

Yeah "unsatisfying" sure - didn't people complain about S6 being too satisfying?
Some people thought it'd be great if Daenerys' fleet just gets destroyed like the Spanish armada or something - obviously not gonna happen, but they'll probably subvert most of that triumphant tone from E10 rather than continue on with it.

edit: This might fit the "speculations" thread better at this point, but I'm not sure

Maybe another of their "absent minded" remarks, Bran isn't a "supporting character" no fucking way. Neither is Arya.

They were probably talking about the "major players", those two have been on the outskirts and not too involved in the world's affairs so far.

Jaime looks like he might get an upgrade to a main character, he certainly was a supporting one in the last 2.

Eh who cares about all this "main character not main character" horse anyway, what is this RLMao or what? Bran is gonna do some psychic/quest thing and it's gonna be epic, he's not gonna pour wine for Cersei. 

genocide is the systemic elimination of an entire race/group. 

what cersei did was mass murder. she blew up a building with a lot of people in it, but she didn't kill an entire race of people

14 minutes ago, dsug said:

genocide is the systemic elimination of an entire race/group. 

what cersei did was mass murder. she blew up a building with a lot of people in it, but she didn't kill an entire race of people

it's both things. That group of people was large, and had something in common, they were the nobility of KG, so they can be considered a "group".

And either way, that's something that Dany would not like at all and should not permit. A normal Dany would not negotiate with a person like Cersei, I don't like that part of the leaks at all! :crying:

19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it's both things. That group of people was large, and had something in common, they were the nobility of KG, so they can be considered a "group".

And either way, that's something that Dany would not like at all and should not permit. A normal Dany would not negotiate with a person like Cersei, I don't like that part of the leaks at all! :crying:

no it's not. 200 people isn't a genocide. a collection of people of similar social standing is not a race. 

1 minute ago, dsug said:

no it's not. 200 people isn't a genocide. a collection of people of similar social standing is not a race. 

the murder of a whole group of people, especially a whole nation, race, or religious group

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/genocide

they don't necessarily have to belong to a same ethnic group.

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

the murder of a whole group of people, especially a whole nation, race, or religious group

was all of westeros in the sept? was every white person in westeros? was every single worshipper of the faith?

no. no. and no. 

It was a big messy explosion that killed a lot of people but it wasn't a genocide this is ridiculous

12 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Genocide is the deliberate extermination of a national, racial, political, or social group. The bolded is why Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor cannot be considered a genocide. She wasn't targeting a particular group of people out of racial hate. She just wanted to get away with her crimes.

I know what a genocide is. I know how this work is usually used. I use this word in this thread to emphasize how much I dislike her actions (this is a thread to rant about what we don't like about the show), although in theory it doesn't necessarily have to be a racial, political, religous/whatever group, just a whole group. And indeed, it was deliberate, the deliberate decision to exterminate a large group: the nobility of Kingslanding that wanted to obey the laws that normal people obey. I have nothing more to say on that because I don't want to go off-topic.

Archived