Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

Also. . . George's claim that the resurrected are essentially wights makes me wonder if Jon will even be capable of having sex anymore in the books. His resurrection may be unique, and who knows how magic will work here, but I'm less certain that Jon will be, ah, into romance at this point.

3 hours ago, Liver and Onions said:

So... if the spoiler of Dany and Jon GIVING the Night's King a dragon is true... (have I got that right?)... um... WHY? Does it die somewhere else and they don't want to waste it? Are they pals with the White Walkers now? So confused... (should I spoiler tag this?) Maybe the polled audience liked the idea of a dragon going evil... less so the "how" of the situation. 

Also, does anyone else snort with laughter at the possibility of Gilly finding an annulment for Rhaegar's marriage? Um... so he's not allowed to take a second wife? Makes it all neat and tidy! 

And the Jon/Dany thing reminds me of how, when my mom read the first book years ago, she told me she hoped Jon and Dany would eventually get together (close in age, both major characters, etc.) But then later I told her about the Theory, and she was all, "well, now I don't want them together anymore." Is the audience supposed to forget they are aunt and nephew? Is it oh so romantic like Jaime and Cersei? 

I need a clip of Futurama Richard Nixon saying, "I don't like where this is heading..."

According to the leaks, Viserion dies North of the Wall, when Dany has to fly in to save Jon and his men from their wight hunt expedition.

So, basically, Dany agrees to not burn the Red Keep but try and "reason" with Cersei by catching a live wight and show the wight in King's Landing to convince them to band all together against the WW and wight army. Jon and his men need saving Norht of the Wall. Viserion dies and is wighted by the Night's King. It's an inadvertent "gift" because of their stupidity.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

According to the leaks, Viserion dies North of the Wall, when Dany has to fly in to save Jon and his men from their wight hunt expedition.

So, basically, Dany agrees to not burn the Red Keep but try and "reason" with Cersei by catching a live wight and show the wight in King's Landing to convince them to band all together against the WW and wight army. Jon and his men need saving Norht of the Wall. Viserion dies and is wighted by the Night's King. It's an inadvertent "gift" because of their stupidity.

This is a misconception that leak haters do all the time.

The wight hunt isn t for cercei. It is for everybody. It is obvious that even though people believe that jon might be telling the truth they don t fully believe in what they are facing. We can see this in brienne reaction or danny not believing jon at the beguining. We don t even know what the people from the vale think...

People only understand the menace after seeing the wight. It was something necessary for everybody that hasn t been north of the wall 

@divica We are in a rant thread and we can rant about the insanity of the leaked plot. There's another thread where leaks can be defened and debated. Here we can criticise them. 

As for the survey and its results. I could check individual votes and it was obvious that non-leak haters voted as well. They still had to select one thing they disliked, and they did so by selecting one of the minor plot leaks. I did not mind that at all, because it only gives a bettter general representation of what of S7 will not be well received with anyone who expects a minimal of logic. 

Back to ranting:

Now, while it would be interesting if Dany does not have an easy conquest, D&D should not have gifted Dany with all of Dorne, Tyrells and Yara's ships, all Dothraki; 3 dragons under her personal control, and Unsullied by the end of S6.  As a consequence of ending S6 with genormous plot gifts for Dany. Meanwhile Cersei should be outnumbered and outfinanced (the Rock's gold mine was not productive anymore and she halted payments to the Iron Bank). So, in order to not have her logically dethroned soon, but to keep her on the IT well into S8, they derail into further illogic by her having some magical Lannister army production machine, Tarly siding with her (and getting most of the Raech's army somehow), oh and Euron's 1000 ships built on islands that lack the forests to make them and no more North to get trees from. She gets inane plot gifts and then Tyrion convinces Dany into not killing Cersei and "reason" with her.

BTW they had a stupid S6 marathon on TV this weekend. I muted most, and it was mere imagery in the background. It was unbearable to watch last year, and even less now. The afwful BotB has just ended... on the finale. Pffff, Sept scene now.

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

@divica We are in a rant thread and we can rant about the insanity of the leaked plot. There's another thread where leaks can be defened and debated. Here we can criticise them. 

Back to ranting:

Now, while it would be interesting if Dany does not have an easy conquest, D&D should not have gifted Dany with all of Dorne, Tyrells and Yara's ships, all Dothraki; 3 dragons under her personal control, and Unsullied by the end of S6.  As a consequence of ending S6 with genormous plot gifts for Dany. Meanwhile Cersei should be outnumbered and outfinanced (the Rock's gold mine was not productive anymore and she halted payments to the Iron Bank). So, in order to not have her logically dethroned soon, but to keep her on the IT well into S8, they derail into further illogic by her having some magical Lannister army production machine, Tarly siding with her (and getting most of the Raech's army somehow), oh and Euron's 1000 ships built on islands that lack the forests to make them and no more North to get trees from. She gets inane plot gifts and then Tyrion convinces Dany into not killing Cersei and "reason" with her.

BTW they had a stupid S6 marathon on TV this weekend. I muted most, and it was mere imagery in the background. It was unbearable to watch last year, and even less now. The afwful BotB has just ended... on the finale. Pffff, Sept scene now.

Taking out Aegon and not accounting for the vacuum he leaves has really screwed the logic and logistics of the show up 

8 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Back to ranting:

I am all about ranting. But we must rant about things that actually happen. You can rant that it is simply idiotic to fight na army in order to catch a wight. They could kill a criminal north of the Wall and wait until e revives and then take him back.. or any other thousand methods. You need to be extremelly incompetent to try to abduct a mindless zombie and end up fighting an army capable of killing a dragon...

The army logistics you mention are also complety true and don t make sense. I will even add that from the leaks we know danny burns an army. Assuming that the dothriaki and dragons weren t needed to kill some remnant of the tarly's forces and that jamie was leading the lannister army in that batle. what is the relevance of cercei after that? she shouldn t have an army anymore, the people of KL and all realms hate her, she doesn t have kids... why would the iron bank support her or anyone else? are 20K soldiers going to conquer westeros?

However in regards to why the hunt happens I don t think we can rant. The people of westeros need some kind of proof of the threat they are facing...

1 minute ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Taking out Aegon and not accounting for the vacuum he leaves has really screwed the logic and logistics of the show up 

Yes, it did. Initially,back in S5 I could see how an adaptation would conflate it all to Dany, but her sparing Cersei after the crazy stuff she does in the S6 finale and plot gifting her with magically appearing soldiers (in a show that so very much tries to keep the magic only to Beric and Jon's resurrection, Bran warging and Dany having dragons) in S7 makes absolute no sense. Now I wish they had included Aegon just for minimal logic, than the leaked insanity.

5 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

I dont think so. For me Aegon is going to take over KL because the people are going to revolt. So they just needed to keep the tyrells united with the lannisters last season and this season they would add euron. It would give similar numbers on each side...

According to the leak, the wight isn't used to convince other people, but Cersei in particular.

The wight isn't shown in the RL, or the Vale, or the Reach... it's dragged to KL to show Cersei, to make a pact with her, etc.. So, yes, it's damn well done for Cersei, according to the leaks.

And this thread's title is called [leak edition] and thus yes, leaks can be ranted about @divica whatever your personal opinion about it. 

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yes, it did. Initially,back in S5 I could see how an adaptation would conflate it all to Dany, but her sparing Cersei after the crazy stuff she does in the S6 finale and plot gifting her with magically appearing soldiers (in a show that so very much tries to keep the magic only to Beric and Jon's resurrection, Bran warging and Dany having dragons) in S7 makes absolute no sense. Now I wish they had included Aegon just for minimal logic, than the leaked insanity.

It makes no sense how shes willing to graphically burn Randal Tarly and his son to death yet goes all "we need everyman for the WWs" when shes got a chance to take down Cersei. She wouldnt even need to use her dragons to defeat Cersei. She has more than enough to destory her. She could do what was one in an earlier season by her where they sneak in and get everyone on their side and tear down the lannister's

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

According to the leak, the wight isn't used to convince other people, but Cersei in particular.

The wight isn't shown in the RL, or the Vale, or the Reach... it's dragged to KL to show Cersei, to make a pact with her, etc.. So, yes, it's damn well done for Cersei, according to the leaks.

The leaders of each faction or representatives are present in the dragon pit. And we must assume that most of danny's and jon's army saw the wight. They then go to the dragon pit so that cersei and her allies could also see the wight. they have nothing to lose doing it and could even gain more soldiers... Maybe other lords besides Jaime will ride north...

Just now, The Bear Who Knocks said:

It makes no sense how shes willing to graphically burn Randal Tarly and his son to death yet goes all "we need everyman for the WWs" when shes got a chance to take down Cersei. She wouldnt even need to use her dragons to defeat Cersei. She has more than enough to destory her. She could do what was one in an earlier season by her where they sneak in and get everyone on their side and tear down the lannister's

Exactly... the plot has been written as illogic as can be to shoehorn later decisions, just so Cersei is still queen in S8. Just as they shoehorned Sophie Turner into a situation where they then could throw up their hands and say "well, in such a situations Sansa was gonna be raped".

It's horrible writing.

20 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Well, these are the same guys who thought marrying your enemy in order to defeat your enemy was a good idea, so with that in mind this is an improvement. 

And the guys who thought that killing kin because the enemy killed other kin was smart too. You know Ellaria killing Doran, because the Lannisters killed Doran's brother.

5 minutes ago, divica said:

The leaders of each faction or representatives are present in the dragon pit. And we must assume that most of danny's and jon's army saw the wight. They then go to the dragon pit so that cersei and her allies could also see the wight. they have nothing to lose doing it and could even gain more soldiers... Maybe other lords besides Jaime will ride north...

Nothing to lose??????? Acordimg to the leaks they almost die there. Jon thinks that the best strategy is go there to hunt thw wight in the lands of always winter with......how mAANY Valyrian swords and men?? And the craziest thing is that they do it for CERSEI. AS the leaks say and as the characters there imply (two sides. JON'S and Cersei. No other LOrds). She killed them in the sept....actually

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Nothing to lose??????? Acordimg to the leaks they almost die there. Jon thinks that the best strategy is go there to hunt thw wight in the lands of always winter with......how mAANY Valyrian swords and men?? And the craziest thing is that they do it for CERSEI. AS the leaks say and as the characters there imply (two sides. JON'S and Cersei. No other LOrds). She killed them in the sept....actually

So you think tyrion, varys, greyworm, missandei, danny, brienne, Jaime, sansa and I don t know how many characters really believe in the NW before seeing the wight?

13 minutes ago, divica said:

the karstarks don t do that in the book?

Erm, no...

6 minutes ago, divica said:

So you think tyrion, varys, greyworm, missandei, danny, brienne, Jaime, sansa and I don t know how many characters really believe in the NW before seeing the wight?

Thorne has already taken a bit of wight to court before he fell into a plot hole. If we presume the same logic applies as in the books, the wight they bring back should just be a random dead body.

Archived