Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

7 hours ago, kg1982 said:

http://forum.watchersonthewall.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117

And this bunch of crap is true.  I cannot believe that that is actual dialogue from an actual script written by professionals.  And they just let it remain on the Internet.  It is just really bad, like Lifetime Movie of the Week bad.  Perhaps, I should apply for a job writing for TV because I could do much better.  I assume that Dan and David expect us to think that Jon is her "equal" because he calls her some stupid mainly fan nickname rather than the bad mistress/ servant relationship they have set up between the two.  Seriously, using a formal title vs. using a nickname has nothing to do with "equality."  I don't know anyone who thinks that Mr. Darcy isn't a suave assertive guy just because he uses formal titles.

I'm surprised by the amount of disdain in that thread for the writing, I thought watchersonthewall had driven out all who doesn't think the show is the best thing ever.

1 hour ago, Davros Seaworth said:

Does anyone seriously believe that anything Littlefinger says is clever? In fact does anyone even think it makes sense?

It reads like someone has read about postmodernism, thought it sounded cool and adopted it for one of their characters without ever gaining more than a superficial understanding of what they are talking about.

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I'm surprised by the amount of disdain in that thread for the writing, I thought watchersonthewall had driven out all who doesn't think the show is the best thing ever.

LOL.  Sue is going to be in for a shock if this is actually true as are the Reddit sites and other cheerleaders.  I've been pointing out for a year that this is quite awful and the normies are going to despise it and have gotten nothing but personal hatred and bullying for it.  I will personally enjoy having my predictions come true even though I am very upset to see the show jump the shark so badly.

32 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

LOL.  Sue is going to be in for a shock if this is actually true as are the Reddit sites and other cheerleaders.  I've been pointing out for a year that this is quite awful and the normies are going to despise it and have gotten nothing but personal hatred and bullying for it.  I will personally enjoy having my predictions come true even though I am very upset to see the show jump the shark so badly.

I don't know, those people are awfully good a rationalzing and hand waving. 

Last year when the whole Rickon thing happened, and the Arya thing happened, they all convincded themselves that a twist was on the way and anything else would be bad writing. Turns out there was no twist and they just kind of handwaved their prior claims about bad writing.

3 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I don't know, those people are awfully good a rationalzing and hand waving. 

Last year when the whole Rickon thing happened, and the Arya thing happened, they all convincded themselves that a twist was on the way and anything else would be bad writing. Turns out there was no twist and they just kind of handwaved their prior claims about bad writing.

Yeah, but this is an awful to a different degree.  Dany is such a bitch this season.  They will hate what happens starting with Episode 3.

Dany is inconsistent: she never asked Yara to bend the knee to her, and she could be Queen of the Iron Islands. But hey the King in the North must come and bend the knee... Characters change attitude and mind on stuff without reason.

The St Tyrion line about having good insight into people's characters made me gag: yeah, that insight was what made him try to come to a cooperate relatinship with Cersei in S2, help a sadistic psychopath like Joffrey keep the throne, send his niece to evil sand snakes, and make peace with slavers who try to invade anyway. And with his type of invasion plans for this season he'll end up gaingin CR and Dany nothing. He's starting to look more and more like a moronic choice by Dany to make Hand, but I'm not sure whether that's actually what D&D are after, or whether that's a by-product of their writing that sacrifices characterisation for plot.

Why on earth would they want to waste their soldiers on taking FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK?! What the hell is in FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK that they would need?!

George is never going to have anybody who wants the FUCKING IRON THRONE trying to take FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK first.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Why on earth would they want to waste their soldiers on taking FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK?! What the hell is in FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK that they would need?!

George is never going to have anybody who wants the FUCKING IRON THRONE trying to take FUCKING CASTERLY ROCK first.

I'm ok with the idea of taking CR, it would prevent Cersei and Jaime from retreating there, should they escape KL.

I'm not ok with how they plan to do it. First, no one has taken CR, ever, so unless Tyrion leads the attack, because he might know of secret ways, this attack by all rights should be doomed to fail, Unsullied or no. 2nd, they are planning to sail there? WTF? I hope that this plan will change considering the beat down that Euron just gave them, but somehow I don't think it will. I should think that the Unsullied, being the best conditioned soldiers out there, could march across Westeros in no time (literally, considering the show’s attitude on time passage), from a landing point in the Crownlands, and with the use of guides who know the land.

I did a little experiment tonight. I watched the first half of the episode, and then read an outline of what happened in the 2nd half. And guess what?  I felt no different about either half.  The show simply cannot get more emotion out of me than reading a synopsis of the show can.   

I think I might just stick to reading synopsis from now on.

4 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I did a little experiment tonight. I watched the first half of the episode, and then read an outline of what happened in the 2nd half. And guess what?  I felt no different about either half.  The show simply cannot get more emotion out of me than reading a synopsis of the show can.   

I think I might just stick to reading synopsis from now on.

I can tell you that I will definitely be skipping the last two episodes of the season, but I will enjoy the normies reaction to them.  I suspect that there is going to be lots of hatred for them especially the complete destruction of Jon's character and the kneeling.  I will very much enjoy the Dany mean girl bullies learning that most people aren't that into their stupid ship.

16 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

It certainly helps me understand how so many plot holes have come about. Don't worry about the contradictions, every possible series of events is happening all at once.

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

In their minds! :lol:

HAHAHA!!! I haven't laughed so hard in years, bravo! And I still didn't even watch this season, it's ridiculous only by the trailer, I can only imagine what nonsense awaits me once I see new episodes.

Exposition hour. And much of it dull. I can't take Qyburn's dragon-slaying invention seriously. None of the meet-ups between long distant characters mean anything in the show. I'm really tired with the Tyrion shilling the writers have been doing since about S3. Littlefinger is still stupid. I don't understand why Randyll is okay with Cersei blowing up the sept,or why anyone is okay with it, really. The Nymeria scene means nothing in the context of the show. I guess seeing Hot Pie again was nice. Do they really think "the wars to come" is that great a line? And how many times did they trot out "of the ashes"? 

Indifferent fight scene. Underwhelmingly shot/edited, and I don't care about any of those lame characters aboard that ship. 

On 7/23/2017 at 11:56 PM, Lord Varys said:

Agree that Tyrion’s plan of sending the Unsullied around Westeros to attack Casterly Rock is dumb. Even if they survived such a voyage without all drowning first, they would be completely unsupported trying to pull off a seige.

In real life, the whole thing would be a disaster. Nobody in their right mind would try to pull something like that off.

Yeah that was a terrible episode. The writing was woeful. Nearly the whole episode was expository, with everyone explaining what's happening and what their intentions are.

Varys has been in Dany's story for ages and this appears to be the first time they have spoken. If she was really concerned about his loyalty, surely she'd have spoken to him before now. Also, if Ellaria and Olenna were going to meet Dany at Dragonstone anyway, why did Varys not just travel with them instead of teleporting from Dorne aboard the ship heading from Essos to DS? That was really badly thought out!

The scene with Yara, Theon and Ellaria preceding the battle at sea was horrendous! What were they thinking? It actually made me side with Euron! Also, why in the world did they not have people on lookout? You shouldn't be taken so by surprise at sea.

Archived