Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I can see that Cersei would know/blame Ellaria and the Spice Snakes for Myrcella, but it's a good point that one wonders how Tyrion, who was across the narrow sea, would have those details......did the Dornish Strong Women tell him about it during their sea voyage?  

Ah well, at this point, when people are saying they know Stormborn is landing at Dragonstone but doing nothing about it, sailing up, down, back and around for no discernable reason, Mystique Stark doesn't find out about the King in the North from any of the Freys she infiltrated but from Hot Pie, and on and on....that truly is a nit pick.

omg stop it, I was totally saying last week that Arya has straight up Mystique powers now, And Dany is The Human Torch, Comic Books are fun.

And yes how is it that Jennifer LAw-rya didn't know about EVERYTHING that's happened in the North for the past like 10 episodes? when everyone knows everything? If Hot Pie is better informed than an international shape-shifting assassin she's got problems.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I thought THE GIFT would be the previously established one.......Tyrion, LOL  Still, the little I knew about the leaks did rule that out.  As much as they love their little word games, I'm surprised Tyrion wasn't THE GIFT again. 

What a show, eh? 

Well it's just dumb that Carol's gift is some women to torture, like how about something to help win the battle against Dany?  I guess Euron did take out 2 of her opposing armies by capturing the one ship with all the principle characters on it. .....So there's that

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

in theory blowjob is confirmed

she willl get pregnant as a result of this romantic scene everyobody cares about.

Remember Book Jaime?

“Quiet,” he said, scornfully. “So loud, you’ll wake my Sworn Brothers. We can’t have that, now, can we? People might learn that you had come to see me.”

“Jaime,” she sobbed, “don’t you think I want it as much as you do? It makes no matter who they wed me to, I want you at my side, I want you in my bed, I want you inside me. Nothing has changed between us. Let me prove it to you.” She pushed up his tunic and began to fumble with the laces of his breeches.

Jaime felt himself responding. “No,” he said, “not here.” They had never done it in White Sword Tower, much less in the Lord Commander’s chambers. “Cersei, this is not the place.”

“You took me in the sept. This is no different.” She drew out his cock and bent her head over it.

Jaime pushed her away with the stump of his right hand. “No. Not here, I said.” He forced himself to stand.

49 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Remember Book Jaime?

“Quiet,” he said, scornfully. “So loud, you’ll wake my Sworn Brothers. We can’t have that, now, can we? People might learn that you had come to see me.”

“Jaime,” she sobbed, “don’t you think I want it as much as you do? It makes no matter who they wed me to, I want you at my side, I want you in my bed, I want you inside me. Nothing has changed between us. Let me prove it to you.” She pushed up his tunic and began to fumble with the laces of his breeches.

Jaime felt himself responding. “No,” he said, “not here.” They had never done it in White Sword Tower, much less in the Lord Commander’s chambers. “Cersei, this is not the place.”

“You took me in the sept. This is no different.” She drew out his cock and bent her head over it.

Jaime pushed her away with the stump of his right hand. “No. Not here, I said.” He forced himself to stand.

Yes!!! :crying: It was so obvious they were "forcing" tehmselves into this relationship, Jaime at least tells her his feelings in the books and acts accordingly. She's desperated.

Didn't Cersei have some horrible things happen to the last woman who pissed her off? Margaery not-withstanding, she just got blown up. Will fans of Cersei like this or not? Did Jaime witness Myrcella getting the poisonous kiss from Ellaria and then told Cersei? Is that how she knows?

There's been some more discussion on here about the devaluing of feminine traits, with all the women being warriors and rulers now. I'd like to add my two cents- As much as I like warrior women and queens as characters, I'd like for them to MAKE SENSE. Reading about these characters' journeys to become badasses in the show, most of them don't feel genuine. In the books, we get to see Dany learning from her ruling missteps, Arya learning skills and philosophy from the Faceless Men, Cersei running up against the patriarchy and being smacked down hard... (if she does anything crazy, she's not going to having tea with Randall Tarly and friends). 

In the show, it all feels too easy. I can take Brienne being a strong fighter, because at least she's had past training. Yara and the Sand Snakes, too. (except then the show doesn't back up their fighting skills)There are fighting women in Westeros, in the books, and they do all right for themselves. But Arya survives wounds that should kill her, Dany waltzes into a Dothraki holy place and gets a free army, Cersei commits an act of terrorism and no one seems to care much? It feels fake, it looks stupid, and all I can do is roll my eyes and the faux-feminism. That's not even bringing up the complex female characters they sideline, like Sansa and Catelyn. Are any of these women actually likeable or heroic in the show? Everyone is horrible, and I want the dragons and the two remaining wolves to run off together somewhere.

10 hours ago, Liver and Onions said:

Didn't Cersei have some horrible things happen to the last woman who pissed her off? Margaery not-withstanding, she just got blown up. Will fans of Cersei like this or not? Did Jaime witness Myrcella getting the poisonous kiss from Ellaria and then told Cersei? Is that how she knows?

There's been some more discussion on here about the devaluing of feminine traits, with all the women being warriors and rulers now. I'd like to add my two cents- As much as I like warrior women and queens as characters, I'd like for them to MAKE SENSE. Reading about these characters' journeys to become badasses in the show, most of them don't feel genuine. In the books, we get to see Dany learning from her ruling missteps, Arya learning skills and philosophy from the Faceless Men, Cersei running up against the patriarchy and being smacked down hard... (if she does anything crazy, she's not going to having tea with Randall Tarly and friends). 

In the show, it all feels too easy. I can take Brienne being a strong fighter, because at least she's had past training. Yara and the Sand Snakes, too. (except then the show doesn't back up their fighting skills)There are fighting women in Westeros, in the books, and they do all right for themselves. But Arya survives wounds that should kill her, Dany waltzes into a Dothraki holy place and gets a free army, Cersei commits an act of terrorism and no one seems to care much? It feels fake, it looks stupid, and all I can do is roll my eyes and the faux-feminism. That's not even bringing up the complex female characters they sideline, like Sansa and Catelyn. Are any of these women actually likeable or heroic in the show? Everyone is horrible, and I want the dragons and the two remaining wolves to run off together somewhere.

Absolutely right. There is no female character I like left in the show.

P.S. Will they have fire-breathing direwolves with wings?  I want one. :lmao:

On 29/07/2017 at 9:25 AM, Liver and Onions said:

I would say Arya is still likeable, and has always been brave. Surviving wounds that would most likely kill her doesnt make her any more or less likeable. That was just bad writing.

Personality wise, I think she has the most strength and depth to her character of all the women in show, despite the fact she hasnt really done a lot of talking for the past season or two. 

I find Arya interesting because she is complex. She is fiercely independent, yet still clearly values relationships and interactions with other people. She is strong, but her love for her family is a clear point of vulnerability for her and has spurred her to some vengeful, morally questionable actions yet is also the thing that has the potential to bring her back from the edge. She still has all the qualities of Arya of season 1, but her experiences and actions have hardened her outer shell (eg her interactions with Hot Pie being VERY reminiscent of Season 4 Hound). Probably only her family has the potential to break the shell and prevent her going down a very dark path. 

Sansa is also somewhat complex, but I dont find her personality anywhere near as interesting as Arya's. I think both women even now in the show still have a lot of likeable traits, despite the writers doing their best to ruin both characters entire plotlines.

13 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Absolutely right. There is no female character I like left in the show.

Ditto.

Arya was one I still liked, but no more. I'm down to Sandor and Edd. Edd doesn't even have to say anything, he just seems so nice and so real. The characters on this show just don't seem like people.

23 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

I would say Arya is still likeable, and has always been brave. Surviving wounds that would most likely kill her doesnt make her any more or less likeable. That was just bad writing.

Personality wise, I think she has the most strength and depth to her character of all the women in show, despite the fact she hasnt really done a lot of talking for the past season or two. 

I find Arya interesting because she is complex. She is fiercely independent, yet still clearly values relationships and interactions with other people. She is strong, but her love for her family is a clear point of vulnerability for her and has spurred her to some vengeful, morally questionable actions yet is also the thing that has the potential to bring her back from the edge. She still has all the qualities of Arya of season 1, but her experiences and actions have hardened her outer shell (eg her interactions with Hot Pie being VERY reminiscent of Season 4 Hound). Probably only her family has the potential to break the shell and prevent her going down a very dark path. 

Sansa is also somewhat complex, but I dont find her personality anywhere near as interesting as Arya's. I think both women even now in the show still have a lot of likeable traits, despite the writers doing their best to ruin both characters entire plotlines.

I think Arya still has potential, so I probably shouldn't write her off yet. The hard part is whether the show can pull off the, well, dark side to her darkness. It's not a good thing that she's becoming a heartless killer; it's tragic. Does the show think that? I don't know. Do most of the viewers? 

Sansa is more tricky. A lot of what makes her likable in the books, in my opinion, has been sucked out of her show-character. Sansa's political savvy is based largely in her manners, people skills, and growing powers of observation. The show seems to want her to be, well, Cersei Junior. The plot forces her into ridiculous situations and then tries to make her into a player. She doesn't really feel like a character making choices to me.

Of course, they could do a sudden 180 on all the cast and have them throw a dance party at the end ala a Dreamworks film. Creatively, it makes sense!

2 minutes ago, Snormund said:

They have ruined numerous characters to some degree but none come close to the way they've destroyed Jaime. Of course based on the leaks Jon is up next. 

Yes, Sansa, Jon and Jaime....

(Although i can't blame Sansa in this episode)

How anyone be more stupid tan Larry? Is Qyburn using special beberages? Seriously, he must be drinking something, he can't be so stupid, no?

Maybe she has poisoned Jon as well,and that's why he doesn't see Cersei as an enemy.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, Sansa, Jon and Jaime....

(Although i can't blame Sansa in this episode)

How anyone be more stupid tan Larry? Is Qyburn using special beberages? Seriously, he must be drinking something, he can't be so stupid, no?

Maybe she has poisoned Jon as well,and that's why he doesn't see Cersei as an enemy.

Maybe they decided Ygritte was right and Jon truly does know nothing. God, the upcoming romance with his aunt is going to make me miss Ygritte. She and Jon had great chemistry. No one is capable of having chemistry with emilia Clarke lol

Archived