Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

2 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Maybe they decided Ygritte was right and Jon truly does know nothing. God, the upcoming romance with his aunt is going to make me miss Ygritte. She and Jon had great chemistry. No one is capable of having chemistry with emilia Clarke lol

He truly knows nothing. Cersei is evil. Jon and Larry should be Friends.

19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

He truly knows nothing. Cersei is evil. Jon and Larry should be Friends.

With benefits? That would be better than Jaime groveling to Cersei. I'm having a hard time getting the image out. I like NCW, to have me try to forget the sight of his butt is just mean, but the show is mean.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

With benefits? That would be better than Jaime groveling to Cersei. I'm having a hard time getting the image out. I like NCW, to have me try to forget the sight of his butt is just mean, but the show is mean.

Shit a Jon/Jaime pairing would actually be pretty interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Anything than JC and Jonerys, really. 

I'm having a hard time as well. Oh, they are mean.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It'd be one thing if the show had never been amazing. The fact that it was makes it harder to stomach the current incarnation. I probably would enjoy the current show if it had always been like this and I hadn't read the books. It is certainly entertaining. But I expect it to live up to the standards set by the Books and earlier seasons. 

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Anything than JC and Jonerys, really. 

I'm having a hard time as well. Oh, they are mean.

I would take Jon and Sansa over Jon and Daenerys. That's how much that pairing disgusts me. As long as they're going with the incest they could pair Jon up with someone I can actually see him getting along with. 

8 minutes ago, Snormund said:

It'd be one thing if the show had never been amazing. The fact that it was makes it harder to stomach the current incarnation. I probably would enjoy the current show if it had always been like this and I hadn't read the books. It is certainly entertaining. But I expect it to live up to the standards set by the Books and earlier seasons. 

Yep, I liked the first seasons, but now it's very different from what it used to be. I don't think I would love it as much if I had not read the books after the 4th season, though, (plotholes are plotholes) but having read the story is even more painful.

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yep, I liked the first seasons, but now it's very different from what it used to be. I don't think I would love it as much if I had not read the books after the 4th season, though, (plotholes are plotholes) but having read the story is even more painful.

Agreed. Loved most of the first 4 seasons though!   Always wished commander Mormont had his raven in the show tho haha

several problems with this episode

1. Why would ANYONE think it's a good idea to have all the Unsullied occupying a castle instead of being infantry?

2. Jaime and Cersei I just fucking cant even with this shit!

3. Jaime will have nothing to do with Olenna's death in the books!!!! HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT

4. I do hope Carol finds out how wrong she was about Tyrion killing Joffrey

5. Iron bank of Braavos, barf barf barf, could be a cool thing but of course they fucked it all up, as someone said upthread--WHy the Fuck would they care about the slave trade?

6. Someone please explain Davos's current role to me? He is Jon's hand?

7. Can we get Padmae's tailor from Episode II over to help Dany out? I am really sick of her GD outfits, where are the silks?

8. What's up with all the poison? LAME LAME LAME

9. Sansa knows everything now? She's an expert pantry-stocker and leatherworker now? 

10. Was that Royce taking orders from her and also dealing with the WF leatherworkers? sure makes total sense

11. Where is LittleFingers coaching of Sansa leading?

12. Could Bran have been more awkward and pointless?

13. Where the fuck is Ghost? like where is he? Jon just left him? never mentions or sees him?

9 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

several problems with this episode

1. Why would ANYONE think it's a good idea to have all the Unsullied occupying a castle instead of being infantry?

No reason really, I think that it was a mental image and the real one were the Unsullied occupying the castle from the inside?

It was not clear....were some of them sacrificing themselves pointlessly for the others who would have real success? They were like robots trying to climb without success.

2. Jaime and Cersei I just fucking cant even with this shit!

3. Jaime will have nothing to do with Olenna's death in the books!!!! HE WOULD NEVER DO THA

Show Jaime wouldn't do that, either. He doesn't know she poisoned Tommen,. He was "friend" of the Tyrrels in s6, willingly saving Margaery and allying with Olenna, and now that Cersei killed them for no reason, he just kills Olenna bc he has allied againts them bc Cersei burned their family alive. It's nauseating. Jaime, of course, on Cersei's side and sleeping with hter.

Also I did not like Jon's little bitch fest, "I am a prisoner, wah waaaaahhhh" So weird, So out of character.

And lol to Tyrion actually shipping Jon and Dany on the show, like he is setting them up, so funny.

Oh and I also love how all the characters just say thing s so directly and matter-of-factly, Davos;" Dragons breathe fire, they can kill wights"-- oh thank you genius, you are literally the first person to think of that.

And then Melisandre "I have brought fire and ice together"-- ah yes the whole point of the series, thank you for spelling it out for us like we are 3 years old.

13 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Also I did not like Jon's little bitch fest, "I am a prisoner, wah waaaaahhhh" So weird, So out of character.

And lol to Tyrion actually shipping Jon and Dany on the show, like he is setting them up, so funny.

Oh and I also love how all the characters just say thing s so directly and matter-of-factly, Davos;" Dragons breathe fire, they can kill wights"-- oh thank you genius, you are literally the first person to think of that.

And then Melisandre "I have brought fire and ice together"-- ah yes the whole point of the series, thank you for spelling it out for us like we are 3 years old.

This

Some parts of the dialogues are like they were thinking the audience doesnt understand anything

LIke last' weeks' High Valyrian, pointing out that Dany might be TPTWP as well as JOn...

The show has become really clunky.  Like having Jon randomly start ranting about the army of the dead to a bunch of people who have never met him, giving no background or detail.  Jon's entire half of the discussion was for the audience, not the show characters.

I have no idea what they were trying to do with Bran....the show often makes characters look bad by their poor writing and plotting when that isn't their intention.

Archived