Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

About episode 4

Spoiler

For once I actually felt something while watching a GoT episode. The scene of the Dothraki rushing at the Lannister forces gave me a ranging boner. Still though, it annoyed the hell out of me how they just happened to find them like that in the first place. How did they get there for the love of god? Did they sail all across Westeros and then galloped from behind towards the Lannister? Or did they make their way by land after landing at the nearest coast near Kingslanding?

1 hour ago, Edward Teach said:

About episode 4

Hide contents

For once I actually felt something while watching a GoT episode. The scene of the Dothraki rushing at the Lannister forces gave me a ranging boner. Still though, it annoyed the hell out of me how they just happened to find them like that in the first place. How did they get there for the love of god? Did they sail all across Westeros and then galloped from behind towards the Lannister? Or did they make their way by land after landing at the nearest coast near Kingslanding?

Yes, I too felt "something" during this episode. Nice Arya/Sansa, Bran/Meera dialogue, Littlefinger starting to feel unconfortable, etc.

The battle is absolutely breathtaking, with even some suspense, but that was expected…

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Yes, I too felt "something" during this episode. Nice Arya/Sansa dialogue, Littlefinger starting to feel unconfortable, etc.

The battle is absolutely breathtaking, with even some suspense.

What was the point of giving him back the dagger? What would he gain by doing it? lol

4 hours ago, Liver and Onions said:

The impression I'm getting from non-book readers from other areas is that this show is essentially a soap opera to them. They don't think through the logistics because anything CAN happen and probably will. They cheer on certain characters regardless of whether or not actions or space and time make sense. 

That's exactly it. D&D turned the show into a pure soap opera. I mean, GoT/ASOIAF always had elements of a soap opera, which was a part of what made it so addictive in the first place, but they were balanced out with strong character development, internal logic and consistent world-building, for the most part (Aegon was pure soap opera, though, which is why he's so divisive among the fandom). 

D&D, however, took those soap opera elements, dialed them up to ELEVEN THOUSAND!!!! and stripped them off everything else leaving only a loosely connected string of OMG/WTF moments in a vacuum and pure shlock.

Spoiler

So did half of the Lannister army leave with the gold back to KL? Or does Cersei literally have no army left now? 

Also, how come it took Theon ages to return to dragon stone, yet Euron fast travelled to CR so fast last Ep?

6 hours ago, Edward Teach said:

About episode 4

Hide contents

It was addressed, more or less...

Spoiler

You have to assume that some things happened off-screen.

When Dani was giving Tyrion a good telling-off and implied she was going to torch King's Landing "because that's where her enemies were",  tyrion said they still had enough ships to take dothrakis to land, that the plans they had were still good, etc. Then she asks Jon what she should do, and Jon gives his opinion of what she shouldn't.
So, the viewer has to assume that she took Tyrions advise and also Jon's advise of not torching the city itself (fighters and supply lines were acceptable targets, but not the city with all its population), and carried her dothraki army with her remaining ships to a point south of king's landing, where Lannister's who were going back  with the "spoils of war" (their sacking of the Reach) were likely to be found. Part of the caravan had already crossed the Blackwater, as LordTarly informs Jaime that the gold was already in the city (we can see the Red Keep from where they are)
The trip from Dragonstone and the landing were off-screen. As it were all the  sacking, loading of wagons, and return journey by land of Jaime & co. from the Reach

13 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

It was addressed, more or less...

Hide contents

You have to assume that some things happened off-screen.

When Dani was giving Tyrion a good telling-off and implied she was going to torch King's Landing "because that's where her enemies were",  tyrion said they still had enough ships to take dothrakis to land, that the plans they had were still good, etc. Then she asks Jon what she should do, and Jon gives his opinion of what she shouldn't.
So, the viewer has to assume that she took Tyrions advise and also Jon's advise of not torching the city itself (fighters and supply lines were acceptable targets, but not the city with all its population), and carried her dothraki army with her remaining ships to a point south of king's landing, where Lannister's who were going back  with the "spoils of war" (their sacking of the Reach) were likely to be found. Part of the caravan had already crossed the Blackwater, as LordTarly informs Jaime that the gold was already in the city (we can see the Red Keep from where they are)
The trip from Dragonstone and the landing were off-screen. As it were all the  sacking, loading of wagons, and return journey by land of Jaime & co. from the Reach

This still doesn't solve the very pertinent issue of why Dany didn't fly Drogon to the walls of the red keep and roast Cersei alive. The castle is a military target and killing Cersei ends the war. I certainly don't buy that this would make Dany hated with the local population; after all, Cersei got cheers with Euron's military parade, and she blew up the most important religious building in the world. 

There really isn't any reason why this "war" shouldn't have been over in twenty minutes, and it would have saved thousands of lives. 

22 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

This still doesn't solve the very pertinent issue of why Dany didn't fly Drogon to the walls of the red keep and roast Cersei alive. The castle is a military target and killing Cersei ends the war. I certainly don't buy that this would make Dany hated with the local population; after all, Cersei got cheers with Euron's military parade, and she blew up the most important religious building in the world.

There really isn't any reason why this "war" shouldn't have been over in twenty minutes, and it would have saved thousands of lives. 

Yep, this would be the most effective and humane way. 

That Cersei and LF are still alive are the plothole elephants in the room. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

So there can be the wight hunt (engage the enemy because you need help before engaging the enemy) and the Winterhell filler.

20 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

GRRM: “Avoid incest at all costs. I may write about incest but I do not endorse it, let us make that perfectly clear.”

(better link)

So I guess half of freefolk (more of tumblr?) will lose the will to live. 

Gotta say that was a pretty good episode! I mean wow to the last battle.

Those dragons are freaking badass and so is Dany!

Cried cried cried for Sansa and Arya back together and actually loved their talk with Bran, also Arya and Brienne made my heart soar :)

Jaime is an idiot, what did he think was going to happen?

Few issues; 

How did Tyrion get there? Where was 'there' exactly? Just a few miles outside KL?

Bronn the would-be Dragonslayer.....Didn't know he cared so much about anything.

Again where is Ghost? why do none of them ever mention the direwolves?

Pretty pissed at Bran for treatment of Meera, that was lame.

Why did LF say he 'didn't know who the last owner of the dagger was'? didn't we settle all that in Season 1?

Those drawings in the cave were STUPID, Jon's like "I literally met this guy right here, that someone drew a picture of on your wall. Is it weird that someone saw him close up and lived to tell about it?......All the way South in Dragonstone?

Does Davos have a thing for Missandei? it's coming off that way.

If Jorah is cured of greyscale then what was ever the point of him having it on the show?

Will Jon Connington be cured in the books? I think not, so what was the point of Jorah contracting the disease?

Also why do they keep making fun of Dickon's name? There's lots of weird names in Westeros

Did anyone notice Cheryl's dress? it's literally a quilted Chanel purse made into a gown, and it looks nuts. Dany's too, I wouldnt think that steel shoulder pads are the right clothes needed for battle, maybe something she could move her arms in? Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Half of the Season is over  and no Cheryl pregnancy so far.. Is it too early to celebrate and assume that this part of the leaks was false?

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet. Cheryl has many more BJs to give, and one of them will certainly impregnate her, I am guessing.

24 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Dany's too, I wouldnt think that steel shoulder pads are the right clothes needed for battle, maybe something she could move her arms in? Just a thought.

And, how can she seat on Drogon's back covered with huge pointed horny scales?

Archived