Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

News on season 8, NCW:

“I knew what was going to happen for the first three seasons. After that, it’s been a season at a time. You get the scripts a month before we start shooting, or six weeks, and then you know what’s going to happen that season. But, I don’t know what’s going to happen next season. We go back in October, so maybe in the next few weeks, we’ll get the scripts and I’ll find out. I’m very curious.”

And:

So what does that mean for the Season 8 premiere date? HBO has yet to confirm, and indeed we have no idea how intensive this season will be both in production and post-production, but Game of Thrones has enjoyed its highest ratings yet this season, running in the heart of the summer. If filming begins in October and lasts for six months again, it won’t be wrapped until April 2018. And if post-production is the same length as it was for Season 7, that would put it on track for a September 2018 airdate.

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-filming-date/#premiere-date

43 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

News on season 8, NCW:

“I knew what was going to happen for the first three seasons. After that, it’s been a season at a time. You get the scripts a month before we start shooting, or six weeks, and then you know what’s going to happen that season. But, I don’t know what’s going to happen next season. We go back in October, so maybe in the next few weeks, we’ll get the scripts and I’ll find out. I’m very curious.”

And:

So what does that mean for the Season 8 premiere date? HBO has yet to confirm, and indeed we have no idea how intensive this season will be both in production and post-production, but Game of Thrones has enjoyed its highest ratings yet this season, running in the heart of the summer. If filming begins in October and lasts for six months again, it won’t be wrapped until April 2018. And if post-production is the same length as it was for Season 7, that would put it on track for a September 2018 airdate.

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-filming-date/#premiere-date

In other words anyone claiming they have S8 scripts before September is bullshitting. And from October on we'll start to see film location reports. Essos, Dorne and Reach is done, and KL can be done mostly as indoor set filming. And it seems that in the S7 finale, Dany will retreat from Dragonstone and move all her armies North. In other words they might not film at Spain anymore at all, which was where they had the most difficulties to prevent access to people filming acting scenes from afar with their Iphones. We'll probably know in September whether there will be filming done in Spain.

That leaves Ireland and Iceland mostly for filming. They will do at least one giant epic battle with the army of the dead in what's supposed to be WF area, the size of the BatB, so that's too big a set to not have some verification about. Ireland and Iceland have tighter control on small scale filming, but allows enough to gleen some info on what outside sets might appear like.

I have a lot of problems with this episode and I dont think it was very good. So much stupid!

only good minute was when he called her 'Dany'. 

I mean puh-lease with Gendry running to send Dany a raven, which had to fly south 1000 miles then i guess she got caught in the northern jet stream express to fly 1000 miles. Omfg

and Benjen? Really? And why did he have to die? There was time to ride off.

And why couldnt Bran help Jon again? Like at all?

Dany and Drogon are there with everyone on his back all ready to go, Jon is fighting zombies for no reason, getting further and further from the Dragon, but why? There was no point at all. This is what gave the Night King time to take down Rhaegal, it was all Jon's fault, wtf!

On 17/8/2017 at 7:17 PM, sweetsunray said:

There are 3 versions of alleged leaks for S8.

A few days ago I saw the alleged leaks that @Jaehaerys Stark referred to, and went up to epi 4. It was mostly Jonerys fanfic and lots of tactical stuff moving here and there, on a level so boring and nonsensical with set-ups that have been seeded by D&D themselves even in S7 (as in completely ignoring them, because the "leaker" can't notice them, because he's not a book reader). He claimed to have scripts, but gave no story how he came by them. The stuff of the first 2 episodes has been in existence for at least 2 weeks now, so can be traced back to early August or late July, when at the time HBO news indicated that scripts weren't even done yet. So either that person behind the youtube channel copied them and expanded his own fanfiction up to epi 4, or it's the same person who more than likely invented the first 2 alleged scripts on what he knew from S7 finale summaries.

Reveal hidden contents

According to these Bran and Meera would die in epi 2, while Bran wargs Rhaegal during battle with army of the dead at WF, followed by tactical retreatment and Jon ordering everyone to split to different locations - Sansa + Gendry to Eyrie, Jaime + Brienne to RR with Edmure, Pregnant Dany by herself to Dragonstone with less forces and captured by Cersei who's married to Euron. And Theon to Pyke.

Then there are the allegedly leaks by Im TheAmazingCat. She gives the backstory on how she came by them, what she did to try and verify it. Then she reads the "leaks": which are allegedly emails about discussions of the plot for S8, and what George insisted on. So it's a summary of show-endgame plot points and she discusses them and gives her opinion on whether this might be true or not.  I hates most of the points precious, and so does the channel owner, but she presents a reasonable case for why they might be true (for the show).

Reveal hidden contents

According to the material she received, Dany dies early on in S8. D&D wanted to kill off Bran but allegedly George insisted they'd keep him alive, while R&D insisted on D&D killing off someone major, and they decided on Dany dying. There's a bit about Arya taking Jaime's face and chopping of her hand, in order to kill Cersei, but Arya is murdered by Jaime. Jon would end up blinded in battle and loses a hand and retreats to the wildling area, refusing the throne. And D&D allegedly had a choice between making Westeros a democracy or give the throne to Gendry. They went for a democratic monarchy, with Tyrion and Sansa as King and Queen. I can see Cogman be proudly grinning over this if this is true :ack:

In her comment section there's an Eyes of Your Eyes posting "leaks for the first 5 episodes" going in much more detail, fitting in some respects and in others contradicting it. But apparently there are 2 versions of it, because he posted it twice and used different location names. It seems a combo of one plot-point that the channel discusses (and would be major if true), and some of the alleged leaks of first two epis that have been around for several weeks now. He or she is not sharing a reconstruction on how he came to these. That's always fishy. 

So, the fake leak game is on already. ETA: previous years, before the S7 leaks of lads1, we could easily dismiss fake leaks by their timing - way too early. Nobody expected accurate leaks before filming started of S7, because they wer enever accurate. On top of that lads1 claimed he had it from scripts but was describing feelings and internal thoughts, rather tan actions and dialogue. Turns out now that D&D indeed write their scripts that way. Ths is the last time that fake leakers can have their ballgame, and they know their fake leaks will be taken far more seriously with the news about hacks, and lads1. Some of the fake leakers are easy to pick out, because they refuse to give backstory on how they came by it. Others craft digitial stuff to make for a believable backstory. And some stuff seems legit because it contains some popular show/book theory or has reasonably expected plot points from S7 finale leaked spoilers.

If I say that there will be an epic fight between Jon and NK, that Jon will find out his parentage and it causes issues between Dany and Jon (either incest or throne), that Jaime will be joining the fight alongside Brienne, and the GC arrives in Westeros for Cersei then everythign else I invent with that can be made out to be a "leak", and has enough in there to convince people. If I then also put in some ship for Sansa then it'll gain very vocal defenders, no matter how insane it is as end-game.

So, I'm skeptical of any of these alleged leaks, and not until I see independent verification from sources such as tWotW and filming reports will I consider an alleged leak legit.

In this episode, 7x06 Tyrion apparently establishes the idea of Democracy, as that girl says about the end:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2kXazxgKI
This is already scaring me.

I have just gone through the alleged script leaks for season 8 (all 6 episodes).

I'm sad to say that it looks like the real deal.

The plot looks very D&D-ish. Everything is rushed and the dialogues are cheesy.

And yes, it is kind of bitter sweet.

Here are the links to the summaries. *** SPOILERS ***

I hope it is not the real thing. I am Okay with the situation at the very end. Kind of pictured something similar to happen. But the way it happens is terrible. I hope GRRM writes something better than this.

3 hours ago, athmystikal said:

Reveal hidden contents

I hope it is not the real thing. I am Okay with the situation at the very end. Kind of pictured something similar to happen. But the way it happens is terrible. I hope GRRM writes something better than this.

Oh, whatever. I just skipped to the ending of the leaks. Maybe it's the thing, maybe it isn't. I don't much care. I'm actually over 40 - ever since I was 10 I have been a Tolkien freak. Thought then that if only I would have been alive when the LOTTR was originally published, what anquish to wait a year for the next volume... And then became ASOIAF and I thought, bloody hell, this is almost like the same. Was expecting maybe at the end something like the unforgettable eucatastrophe of that last heart choking ride to the Gray Havens and Sam's final return to the Shire.

So, that was not to be and what we got was a trashy tv-series (apart from the relatively good first seasons). And then potentially this skipping to the end. Oh, whatever. Not a second Tolkien, no.

5 hours ago, athmystikal said:

I have just gone through the alleged script leaks for season 8 (all 6 episodes).

I'm sad to say that it looks like the real deal.

The plot looks very D&D-ish. Everything is rushed and the dialogues are cheesy.

And yes, it is kind of bitter sweet.

Here are the links to the summaries. *** SPOILERS ***

I Say NO to these leaks

straight up they are total shit, If this is what happens then the whole Promised Prince thing was not true, Dany doesnt 'break the wheel' and the White Walkers basically win the war.  also whoever wrote this REALLY hates Dany. I get that people dont like her but this is NOT how she will end, NO FUCKING WAY

Also Tyrion and Missandei, please. Sansa and Gendry, please.

This is total crap

3 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I Say NO to these leaks

Hide contents

straight up they are total shit, If this is what happens then the whole Promised Prince thing was not true, Dany doesnt 'break the wheel' and the White Walkers basically win the war.  also whoever wrote this REALLY hates Dany. I get that people dont like her but this is NOT how she will end, NO FUCKING WAY

Also Tyrion and Missandei, please. Sansa and Gendry, please.

This is total crap

I totally agree.

Just plain look at the dialogue written for Tormund-Sandor and Tormund-Gendry.

Ok, so Tormund and Sandor talk about Brienne of fucking Tarth, but they dropped "beauty", "beast" oh and "dick, I like it". Let's not forget "gingers" and "kissed by fire". Do, I have to outline which Stark left unnamed this is about? Especially since Brienne is sent off to KL, where she will meet who again? Somebody got to remind Jaime about honor and actual truer love, no? The whole Tormund-Sandor talk was Sansan talk. They're just totally keeping Sansan for S8. 

Then we have Gendry's re-introduction. He's introduced with the hammer and Baratheon sigil, telling Jon he's Robert's bastard, basically a reset to S1 of Ned finding Gendy, and putting everyone ont he thoughtline: "oooh still one more Baratheon left. They're bringing him back for Stoms End and the Baratheon line.." But what happens to the hammer. He has to give it up and eventually it's tossed aside. So, strike Gendry's purpose having to do with acquiring SE. Then we have him asking how to keep your balls from freezing off (blue balls, since he can't be found at brothels or taverns by Davos?), and Tormund replies: walking's good, fighting's better and fucking's best.

Now there have been certain scenes that D&D have cut away from Arya's arc and interactions with Gendry: Acorn Hall tumble fight with Arya in a dress and being called pretty. They showed us Arya being interested in him and cheking him out, but refrained from showing Gendry any particular interest in her. Maisie is adult already, but Arya's character only will be 18 in S8. Pretty much the only person Gendry fights with is Arya, both in the books and the show, either verbally or physically.

Gendry's apparently more than a good walker: he's Gendry Gump. He's "fast", which in the books and the show is the crucial element to beat Arya in a fight. He's the strong one, she the fast one. In the books you have several rounds between Arya and Gendry arguing and fighting, but Gendry learns fast and soon ends up being better than her with come backs, but she bests him in the phsyical tumble by being faster, and begging for a to be continued. As said, they skipped the tumble in the show that's tied to a romantic song on top of it. My guess would be that D&D intend to have them tumble in WF's smithy in S8. And Tormund seeded what comes after fighting.

Add also the rest of Tormund-Jon-Gendry convo: Never seen snow before => Robert to Ned Stark when he came to WF first time. Jon tells Tormund there's not a living woman for hundreds of miles. But there are at WF, who are conspicuously not mentioned. Tormund also said how everything smelled "nice" up there, but "stinked" South. With Jon telling him, he's never been down south, and Tormund calling Winterfell south. Smelling nice and stinking are once again references to Acorn Hall tumble. BTW in that Acorn Hall scene, Gendry himself puts the hammer away, and talks about Thoros being a legend on breechign first through the walls of Pyke (a convo also included in this epi, but said by Jorah to Thoros), as if he wants to be a warrior like him and mentions having his own "sword" (and yes double meaning applies here). What do we see this episode: hammer is tossed away.

Then the winging scene: that made clear that Gendry's purpose is not about being part of the bro-hood, not in the RL with the BwB, not beyond or at the Wall either. That leaves only one connection and story role for him: Arya. And since D&D totally avoided Arya and Gendry running into each other before S8, as much as they did for Sansa and Sandor this basically seeds Sansan and Gendrya for the finale season and being part of the endgame, even if it may not be a happy ending.

Tthis episode being such a plotzee episode with seeding convos about those pairings, using keywords to notable book scenes, shows they're teasing it for S8. No matter how bad the writing, no matter how much filler they put in there, they still used key words, repeatedly. And the leaks so far have been shipping characters for S8 in a way that they don't understand D&D's seeding.

51 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I would if they were on the show... their pod people were acting mighty strange, though.

I agree, none of that shit made one lick of sense. I already didnt like Sansa, but they are trying their best to make me not like Arya too, which blows.

6 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I agree, none of that shit made one lick of sense. I already didnt like Sansa, but they are trying their best to make me not like Arya too, which blows.

That's how the show rolls.  That's their idea of drama and then, I guess they expect the audience to fist pump in the next episode when they come together to end LF reign of stupidity at WF, and forget everything they saw in the previous 3 episodes.  And chances are, at least 70% of the audience will do just that.

Archived