Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

25 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Ninety percent of this season was pointless filler. We learned that Jon is a legitimate Targaryen named Aegon and saw Littlefinger get killed off, both of which could have happened last season, and the White Walkers got a dragon that they used to bring down the Wall. Everything else that happened--Jon sulking, the Starks bickering, Drogon burning--was basically stalling for season eight. 

Yup. The reason I never cared for this season. Nothing seemed to go forward and the little that did was executed in a manner that made no sense. If I remember right, D&D's original plan was to have 7 seasons but HBO pushed them to make 8. After viewing s7, I can see why D&D thought 7 was the magic number.

23 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Why does bran have to ask sam questions? Does he know everything or fucking not?

Ah, they are resorting to the age old "man who knows everything only knows what is most convenient for the plot" -trick. Bran is just a plot tool at this point. But what I find the weirdest is that everyone has accepted that he has these superpowers. All he has to do is say that he's a 3 eyed raven and everyone believes him.

4 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Dany should've burnt Cersei and taken KL in episode 2 and gone with filler from there.

that would be logical, good writing and fans desires, but the show rubbers like Ccersei in power, damn logic.

Can we talk about Littlefinger and Sansa?

The point of the whole thing, or so I thought, was that Sansa learns from LF over a long period of time, starts spotting his mistakes, gradually gets his measure and ultimately outwits him. His death in the books will presumably come from being outmaneuvered by the very player he created.

But in the show, Sansa doesn't realize shit. It's Bran's magic powers which reveal LF for the ass he is and Arya cuts his throat.

So what was the point of all that if this is the end result?!

LF really should have died at the end of season 6 when he'd served his purpose. He could have died after the Starks take Winterfell and the only change they would have had to make was that it's Sansa who realizes his schemes, which makes much more sense in terms of characterization and plotting. LF just hung around Winterfell for nothing to do for seven episodes and died.

Seven year of scheming and plotting to go out like this? Ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Dany should've burnt Cersei and taken KL in episode 2 and gone with filler from there.

Yes, but they need the Lannister armyto help fight the White walkers.

The very crispy Lannister army who all died outside KL... wait, no.

I guess they need the golden company to help fight the white walkers. Except Cersei is doing that secretly so... I have no fucking idea. 

Emilia Clark was often ridiculed for her acting, but most probably she was just told to act so one-dimensionaly because D&D probably wanted her to be a big powerful woman all the time. But this season Dany is surrounded by her equals and Emilia is showing that she's not as bad as everyone was saying. She's not brilliant either, but she's easily superior to Lena Heady, whose acting is just terrible. In the negotiation scene she was literally chewing the scenery with her teeth, which is what she always does by the way, though this time it was more obvious exactly because she was acting opposite Emilia. Whatever you can say about Emilia's acting, she easily better than Lena.

And to think that Lena is D&D's most favorite actor and that they changed Cersei, and therefore the entire main plot, just to accommodate Lena, that's simply mind-blowing.

8 minutes ago, StepStark said:

Emilia Clark was often ridiculed for her acting, but most probably she was just told to act so one-dimensionaly because D&D probably wanted her to be a big powerful woman all the time. But this season Dany is surrounded by her equals and Emilia is showing that she's not as bad as everyone was saying. She's not brilliant either, but she's easily superior to Lena Heady, whose acting is just terrible. In the negotiation scene she was literally chewing the scenery with her teeth, which is what she always does by the way, though this time it was more obvious exactly because she was acting opposite Emilia. Whatever you can say about Emilia's acting, she easily better than Lena.

And to think that Lena is D&D's most favorite actor and that they changed Cersei, and therefore the entire main plot, just to accommodate Lena, that's simply mind-blowing.

I agree with you - Lena is vastly overrated and, like all D&D's decisions which favour actors over plot, that has hurt the show badly imo.

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I agree with you - Lena is vastly overrated and, like all D&D's decisions which favour actors over plot, that has hurt the show badly imo.

I'm just watching her scene with Peter Dinklage, and they're both just terrible. Two people trying to sell strong emotions by pathetic overacting. It's surprising ether of them ever received any praise, and yet they're praised all the time. Go figure.

And also, Cersei keeps accusing Tyrion of killing two children of hers. But how did he kill Tommen exactly? I get why she'd think like that about Myrcella, because it was Tyrion who sent her to Dorne in the first place (though D&D obviously forgot about it, because that fact is oddly never mentioned), but what did he ever have to do with Tommen's death?

Just now, StepStark said:

And also, Cersei keeps accusing Tyrion of killing two children of hers. But how did he kill Tommen exactly? I get why she'd think like that about Myrcella, because it was Tyrion who sent her to Dorne in the first place (though D&D obviously forgot about it, because that fact is oddly never mentioned), but what did he ever have to do with Tommen's death?

Because no-one could touch Tommen if Tywin was alive just like no-one touched Joffrey ... no, wait!

8 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

What was the point of this season? Jon and Dany get together and the Wall falls? 

To level the odds for Cersei Lannister by diminishing her enemies.

Dany lost two kingdoms, The Reach, Dorne

Dany lost most of the ironborn following yara

Dany lost a Dragon.

Dany and her allies will lose more in order to defeat the NK and Wights

Cersei lost 4-5 k soldiers but got so much gold, her debts are paid and a new army with elephants, 20kis on on their way to Join her.

2 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

Can we talk about Littlefinger and Sansa?

The point of the whole thing, or so I thought, was that Sansa learns from LF over a long period of time, starts spotting his mistakes, gradually gets his measure and ultimately outwits him. His death in the books will presumably come from being outmaneuvered by the very player he created.

But in the show, Sansa doesn't realize shit. It's Bran's magic powers which reveal LF for the ass he is and Arya cuts his throat.

So what was the point of all that if this is the end result?!

LF really should have died at the end of season 6 when he'd served his purpose. He could have died after the Starks take Winterfell and the only change they would have had to make was that it's Sansa who realizes his schemes, which makes much more sense in terms of characterization and plotting. LF just hung around Winterfell for nothing to do for seven episodes and died.

Seven year of scheming and plotting to go out like this? Ridiculous. 

It's pathetic. The show clearly has no clue about what is going to happen to him in the novels.

2 hours ago, StepStark said:

I'm guessing the tortured reasoning is that had Tywin been alive, there would have been no issue with the Faith or with the High Sparrow, and therefore Tommen wouldn't have died.

2 minutes ago, NickStark2494 said:

It's pathetic. The show clearly has no clue about what is going to happen to him in the novels.

I always thought Sansa in the Vale would be his undoing in the books (but hoped it would be Lady Stoneheart).

18 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

To level the odds for Cersei Lannister by diminishing her enemies.

Dany lost two kingdoms, The Reach, Dorne

Dany lost most of the ironborn following yara

Dany lost a Dragon.

Dany and her allies will lose more in order to defeat the NK and Wights

Cersei lost 4-5 k soldiers but got so much gold, her debts are paid and a new army with elephants, 20kis on on their way to Join her.

How exactly did Dany lose two kingdoms ? Do the Dornish not still have an army ? Why are they suddenly out of the game due to Ellaria's capture ?

And what about the Reach ? Either Cersei or Dany must have their allegiance. In this episode, they seem to imply it's Dany, because both she and Cersei are talking about the possibility of Cersei "retaking half the country". Apparently Dany holds "half the country".

I'm guessing that means she now somehow controls the Reach. The whole thing is nonsense.

Archived