Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

26 minutes ago, NickStark2494 said:

How exactly did Dany lose two kingdoms ? Do the Dornish not still have an army ? Why are they suddenly out of the game due to Ellaria's capture ?

And what about the Reach ? Either Cersei or Dany must have their allegiance. In this episode, they seem to imply it's Dany, because both she and Cersei are talking about the possibility of Cersei "retaking half the country". Apparently Dany holds "half the country".

I'm guessing that means she now somehow controls the Reach. The whole thing is nonsense.

In the show Dorne is not a kingdom. It is a large palace with about 30 people in it. Areo and Doran and the Sand Snakes and some servants. Now that all the named characters are dead, the remaining 24 people in Dorne can go back to farming or staring at the sea or whatever else they want to do.

27 minutes ago, NickStark2494 said:

How exactly did Dany lose two kingdoms ? Do the Dornish not still have an army ? Why are they suddenly out of the game due to Ellaria's capture ?

And what about the Reach ? Either Cersei or Dany must have their allegiance. In this episode, they seem to imply it's Dany, because both she and Cersei are talking about the possibility of Cersei "retaking half the country". Apparently Dany holds "half the country".

I'm guessing that means she now somehow controls the Reach. The whole thing is nonsense.

Yes, Dorne and The Reach are out of the picture. Stupid, I know but that is how the show runners (D&D&C) have it.  They died the night Euron sunk most of Dany's fleet and supposedly, cough, cough, the Dornish and most of the Reach army was on it. The Rest of the Reach forces that did not follow Tarly apparently died in HighGarden. Yeah, dumb, is it not?

1 minute ago, SuperMario said:

In the show Dorne is not a kingdom. It is a large palace with about 30 people in it. Areo and Doran and the Sand Snakes and some servants. Now that all the named characters are dead, the remaining 24 people in Dorne can go back to farming or staring at the sea or whatever else they want to do.

:lol: Welcome to the World of Weiseroff !. Nailed it.

3 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Fookin and Fighting. Oh, wait, not much in the way of fighters anymore, Now, just fookin.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yes, Dorne and The Reach are out of the picture. Stupid, I know but that is how the show runners (D&D&C) have it.  They died the night Euron sunk most of Dany's fleet and supposedly, cough, cough, the Dornish and most of the Reach army was on it. The Rest of the Reach forces that did not follow Tarly apparently died in HighGarden. Yeah, dumb, is it not?

Except of course, Euron did not sink most of Dany's fleet. In Episode 2, he only sinks her Greyjoy ships, and there are 100 of them, according to Yara in Season 6 Episode 9. They weren't transporting the armies of the Reach or the Dornish armies. They were on their way to Dorne to pick up Ellaria's armies, they hadn't arrived yet.

As for the Reach, their armies were never supposed to be transported by ship, the plan was for them to march to KL.

Dany still had enough ships to bring her 60'000 Dothraki to the mainland, so the 100 ships Yara had and however many ships the 8'000 Unsullied had wouldn't be anywhere near "most of Dany's fleet". Euron probably destroyed around 20 to 30% of her fleet maximum, and killed only Iron Islanders in that process.

The show is incredibly dumb for even suggesting that Dany has lost anything more than Olenna, the Sand militia, and some of her ships.

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Snormund said:

Those season 8 leaks can't possibly be true right?

Which season 8 leakes ? Those from desinerd ? They are terrible and do not agree with some things foreshadowed in the books, but they give me the same feeling of absurdity as the whole season 7 did. I actually believe in them for now :-(

21 minutes ago, NickStark2494 said:

Except of course, Euron did not sink most of Dany's fleet. In Episode 2, he only sinks her Greyjoy ships, and there are 100 of them, according to Yara in Season 6 Episode 9. They weren't transporting the armies of the Reach or the Dornish armies. They were on their way to Dorne to pick up Ellaria's armies, they hadn't arrived yet.

As for the Reach, their armies were never supposed to be transported by ship, the plan was for them to march to KL.

Dany still had enough ships to bring her 60'000 Dothraki to the mainland, so the 100 ships Yara had and however many ships the 8'000 Unsullied had wouldn't be anywhere near "most of Dany's fleet". Euron probably destroyed around 20 to 30% of her fleet maximum, and killed only Iron Islanders in that process.

The show is incredibly dumb for even suggesting that Dany has lost anything more than Olenna, the Sand militia, and some of her ships.

Yes but apparently the Dornish Army and yes, The Reach army with the exceptions of the Tarly band and the guards of HighGarden were on those boats that went to the bottom. Look, it is dumb and illogical but the season in a nutshell was basically bringing Cersei on a much more level ground with Dany and maybe at an advantage when the NK and the Army of the Dead is finally dealt with.

The Reach and Dorne are done, I think it is stupid how they did but did it they have done.

39 minutes ago, beauty6 said:

Which season 8 leakes ? Those from desinerd ? They are terrible and do not agree with some things foreshadowed in the books, but they give me the same feeling of absurdity as the whole season 7 did. I actually believe in them for now :-(

Don't worry.  Leaking stuff is such a success for the show that you can be assured of timely leaks next season. 

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

I always thought Sansa in the Vale would be his undoing in the books (but hoped it would be Lady Stoneheart).

Agreed it would happen in the Vale. If she's going north to WF it'll be with Royce who wants nothing to do with LF, isn't at the tourney, etc. And if disaster and mountain clans strike against the Gates of the Moon, with multiple deaths, then Royce will be the de facto military leader of the Vale.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

hehe

Haven't watched since episode 3 this instead just reading summaries, and I truly don't miss it at all. While for a couple of episodes I was reading to the summaries right after the show ends. Last night I even forgot it was on at all, and only remembered this morning. 

It's pretty hard to fathom that during the first few seasons I was thinking about the show non stop even between seasons, that was how much I was into it, and now it has driven me to disappiontment, then to dislike, and now to completely apathy.  I can't even muster up a good rant any more because I just don't care.

I think it is fairly obvious that those leaks for Season 8 are based off of this last episode of Season 7.  Obviously the leaks for the season 7 finale have been out a long time, and much of season 8 groundwork was laid out in the finale last night.  So someone made fanfic based on hating Dany and the finale (which they already had the script for).

I think this because several things in the leaks were in last nights episode. the incest reveal, the GC stuff (including elephants) and Jaime leaving Cersei, the rest is total nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Maester Totoro said:

Those leaks seem quite plausible at first, but the last episodes prove they're BS. No way, whatsoever, that the series ends with Euron as the "final boss".

I want to believe that but I'm not sure. Euron-Cersei as the final bosses actually makes a lot of sense for the books.

Let's assume that Aegon-Daenerys are going to be the big players in the Second Dance - Cersei and Euron are likely going to be dealt severe blows by both of them (Aegon will take KL from Cersei and the Tyrells, and Dany is likely going to defeat Euron's armada on the way to Westeros). But they might end up being able to lick their wounds and regroup while the good guy coalition deals with the Others. 

Book Euron is the perfect guy to fuck the heroes hard once they come back bloody and exhausted from the last battle against the Others. And he and Cersei are most likely also the only people mad and twisted enough to do that kind of thing at that point. If there is some sort of truce during the Second Dance and a Great Council-like meeting as we got it this season then I think Aegon will have the sense to see that the Others are a threat they all have to face together.

But Euron-Cersei in the books are not going to show up at such a meeting nor are they likely to pretend to work together in such a fight.

From the way things are set up right now one would actually expect them to play up Jon-Dany as the core heroes facing the Others together. That makes it exceedingly unlikely that the leaks setting is really all that accurate. I'm not even sure we can get to Dany being pregnant to a childbirth in just six episodes.

But we'll have to wait and see.

Archived