Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

Some info about season 8:

Between hacks and leaks, HBO has had a difficult time lately keeping its Game of Thrones secrets under wraps. That being said, though there are alleged Season 8 plot leaks floating around the Internet, a reliable source tells me they are all false...

The last two seasons of Game of Thrones took between 9 and 11 months to complete, from the beginning of production to air date. This means Season 8 could possibly premiere as early as summer 2018. But given the extra length of these episodes, as well as the potential scope of the special effects and post-production work, Bloys isn’t making any promises. There have been rumors we won’t see the final season until 2019.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/when-does-game-of-thrones-season-8-air-how-long-how-many-episodes-who-is-in-it

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Some info about season 8:

Between hacks and leaks, HBO has had a difficult time lately keeping its Game of Thrones secrets under wraps. That being said, though there are alleged Season 8 plot leaks floating around the Internet, a reliable source tells me they are all false...

The last two seasons of Game of Thrones took between 9 and 11 months to complete, from the beginning of production to air date. This means Season 8 could possibly premiere as early as summer 2018. But given the extra length of these episodes, as well as the potential scope of the special effects and post-production work, Bloys isn’t making any promises. There have been rumors we won’t see the final season until 2019.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/when-does-game-of-thrones-season-8-air-how-long-how-many-episodes-who-is-in-it

Yeah, I figured most of the leaks were fake. One thing about leakers is that they usually want the people reading the leaks to give them some sort of credit for it. Even the 4chan guys usually throw in some sort of personal anecdote to try to show that they're telling the truth. 

21 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

LOL The dagger!!!!!!! Bran dies, but HOWLAND REED! I 'd like to see him with Meera and THE SWORD she  just found in BR's cave""""""and carried with her in all her appearances........

I know they are fake but The Hound meeting his brother.....even if I wanted it not to happen, it will, and it must be in KL, even if the dead are there. since Mountain is like a wight, He'll probably use some Valyryan steel or fire (overcoming his issues with it that have traumatised him since he was a child and  we saw that they were there in the wight hunt) so probably this part of the leaks could be accurate, I mean, a good guess. Even I could buy Arya using Jaime's face but it's a bit...too much.

I know that GreyWorm won't made it, but I don't think that Tyrion will be Missandei's great new love.

Of course a tiny bit of the guesses from the leaks will be in the right direction. D&D laid out some groundwork in the season finale.

but I definitely think Arya will take someone's face to kill showCersei, and that the Hound will go with her to KL for Clegane Wrestlemania. I am thinking it will be Qyburn's face she takes. He is the only character left in KL besides Cersei at this point correct?

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

but I definitely think Arya will take someone's face to kill showCersei, and that the Hound will go with her to KL for Clegane Wrestlemania. I am thinking it will be Qyburn's face she takes. He is the only character left in KL besides Cersei at this point correct?

Ugh, I'm getting very confused as to what leaks everyone is referring to at any given time without names for the different ones. Am I wrong that there are two similar ones floating out there which are only a little different?

The Desinerd "leaks" say Arya takes Qyburn's face to kill Cersei in episode 5, not Jaime's. He's in the Vale in episode 5 with Brienne.

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-leak-script/

Links for the rest of the Desinerd leaks.

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/

2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Of course a tiny bit of the guesses from the leaks will be in the right direction. D&D laid out some groundwork in the season finale.

Yes, only Qyburn there with her right now. SHe killed all the nobility and Dany burnt the rest. Jaime decided to leave. He had a lot of patience with her, but everyone has a limit. His brain made click!  Reached Level 10/10 of resilience

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Not sure though about Jaime. It may be Tyrion after all too.

That's true.  I don't know about the show, but I hate for it to be someone that proves Cersei right.  It proves she was right to hate Tyrion all along because she expects him to want to kill her.  If it is St. Tyrion that offs her, it's going to be a fist-pumping yassssssss for a lot of viewers, of course.  I think at this point she's angry at Jaime, but she thinks he's weak, stupid, and a push over even with his little rebellious moments.  I don't think we saw she was truly alarmed that he might fully switch sides against her.  He's just an unruly child that will always come to heel like he has many, many, many times in the past.  

Yes, Tormund will have another of those eyeballing moments with Brienne before he dies.

hehe, that crack ship has me feeling two kinds of ways.  I like Tormund (or maybe I just like Kristofer Hivju) and how much he admires everything about her.  Everything that she's ever been criticized for, he thinks are the greatest, most beautiful traits ever.  On the other hand, he's kinda creepin on her in a delusional way and she is obviously annoyed with him.  Why shouldn't she just want Jaime?  Why does she have to stay in her lane and settle?

They're gonna keep Beric around to give his life to resurrect someone imo. Thoros was killed and Mel isn't in Westeros anymore, and she had to promise at least not to resurrect Jon again. The only one who can raise someone from the dead again is Beric: he made no promises to Jon

It makes sense that they'd do a death and resurrection again for Jon.  Perhaps this time in front of a lot of other people so it can't be swept under the rug?  The effects of his first resurrection have never been dealt with to the point we almost forget it happened.  I doubt they'd resurrect anyone else but Jon since Beric pointed out this isn't a normal Lord of Light thing.  It was some kind of miracle that happened to just them for some kind of purpose.  But did they ever really explain Benjen?  Maybe that's Jon's bittersweet end, to range beyond the Wall as kinda-sorta dead after the war is over.  I get that impression from the books as a possibility, but I'm not sure about the show

On another topic, my wildcard I would love to know about is Archmaester Marwyn.  If they're gonna cast James Broadbent, please just do something with him.  Marwyn the Mage from the books seemed a hell of a lot cooler and looks like he's off to do something important.  The impression I got from the show that he was just another stodgy pencil-pusher at the Citadel.        

I don't put spoiler tags because obviously it's fake........

The next scene, Tyrion and Missandei are seen in bed with each other and talk about Lyanna, that she’s not the most easygoing child. Tyrion mentions that she’s quite good at brooding as well.

Missandei laughs and tells Tyrion that he shouldn’t have expected otherwise with Jon and Daenerys as parents. Tyrion tells Missandei that she’s doing an excellent job in educating Lyanna and the two start to have sex with each other. The last scene with Tyrion is one with Lyanna on the giant map of Westeros. Tyrion tells Lyanna she will rule the Seven Kingdoms one day. He explains that the North and the Vale are currently ruled by Lady Sansa Stark, the only remaining Stark child and that she’s married to Lord Gendry Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands. The Riverlands are ruled by Edmure Tully. Tyrion himself is in charge of Casterly Rock at the moment, but the castle is left unoccupied still. The Reach is ruled by Lord Samwell Tarly, son of Randy Tarly. The Iron Islands on the other hands are currently ruled by Yara Greyjoy. Lyanna asks about Dorne, on which Tyrion answers that Dorne is now ruled by one of Oberyn’s daughters. She has been married to a man who has always dreamt of owning a castle and having a fine young lady. Now he has both of them. 

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't put spoiler tags because obviously it's fake........

The next scene, Tyrion and Missandei are seen in bed with each other and talk about Lyanna, that she’s not the most easygoing child. Tyrion mentions that she’s quite good at brooding as well.

Missandei laughs and tells Tyrion that he shouldn’t have expected otherwise with Jon and Daenerys as parents. Tyrion tells Missandei that she’s doing an excellent job in educating Lyanna and the two start to have sex with each other. The last scene with Tyrion is one with Lyanna on the giant map of Westeros. Tyrion tells Lyanna she will rule the Seven Kingdoms one day. He explains that the North and the Vale are currently ruled by Lady Sansa Stark, the only remaining Stark child and that she’s married to Lord Gendry Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands. The Riverlands are ruled by Edmure Tully. Tyrion himself is in charge of Casterly Rock at the moment, but the castle is left unoccupied still. The Reach is ruled by Lord Samwell Tarly, son of Randy Tarly. The Iron Islands on the other hands are currently ruled by Yara Greyjoy. Lyanna asks about Dorne, on which Tyrion answers that Dorne is now ruled by one of Oberyn’s daughters. She has been married to a man who has always dreamt of owning a castle and having a fine young lady. Now he has both of them. 

I don't want to totally insult fanfiction, because some people write better characterizations and plots than the show.  But this shit is pure fanfic nonsense.  I guess Bronn (who I thought was already married to Lollys Stokeworth?) is now married to another younger, "bad pussy" of Oberyn's loins?  :lmao: Just shoving Tyrion together with any geographically close female I guess.  And they have sex after a few lines of dialog of course.  

Isaac talks about the Night King:

I think it’s less that they’re the same person and more that they’re two of the ancient beings of Westeros. The Three-Eyed Raven has been around for God knows how long, and White Walkers have been reported since the beginning of time. As we’ve seen, they were created by the Children of the Forest, so we can’t get much more ancient than that. Perhaps we can think of it as these are two characters with a huge amount of power, but one is a Frankenstein’s monster who is driven by nothing but hatred and violence. Then there’s Bran, who uses his powers for good. I want to find out why the Night King is so obsessed with destroying mankind. We’ll see whether they have any kind of explanations in the next season. Hopefully we’ll find out cool stuff about both of those characters.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-isaac-hempstead-wright-interview.html

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Isaac talks about the Night King:

I think it’s less that they’re the same person and more that they’re two of the ancient beings of Westeros. The Three-Eyed Raven has been around for God knows how long, and White Walkers have been reported since the beginning of time. As we’ve seen, they were created by the Children of the Forest, so we can’t get much more ancient than that. Perhaps we can think of it as these are two characters with a huge amount of power, but one is a Frankenstein’s monster who is driven by nothing but hatred and violence. Then there’s Bran, who uses his powers for good. I want to find out why the Night King is so obsessed with destroying mankind. We’ll see whether they have any kind of explanations in the next season. Hopefully we’ll find out cool stuff about both of those characters.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-isaac-hempstead-wright-interview.html

It's super obvious he is not the Night King, fan haters are gonna be disappointed

Still hoping for a good twist on the show, instead of predictable stuff, and came across this, about Gendry, who has a lot of story with Arya:

At the end of season three, [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] spoke to me and sort of said, "Look, your character is going to disappear for a while. We don't want you to panic. We're not trying to sack you. We like your performance and your character, but we have plans for him further on down the line."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-gendry-returns-joe-dempsie-interview-1029137

Also here's a scene GRRM wrote for the show:

1. Why are the sex scenes on Game of Thrones so unsexy?

We'd like to believe the sex between Daenerys and Jon -- whose birth name was revealed to be Aegon Targaryen during a flashback -- was stiff and completely void of passion and chemistry because we're not actually supposed to be rooting for the nephew and aunt to be together. We'd also like to believe the series was finally taking a stand, albeit a halfhearted one, against incest. But this is hardly the first time the series has featured what amounts to a cold and passionless sex scene. Even when the series was using nudity and sex in more gratuitous fashion, viewers were struggling to find anything sensual about the scenes that transpired.

To make matters worse, now we're going to have to spend the next two years thinking about how stiff, awkward and silent that entire sex scene ultimately was. Sure, it showed off Kit Harington's butt, but was it really worth it? We're not so sure...

7. Were Arya and Sansa faking their tension all season?

Sansa turned the tables on Littlefinger when she coolly revealed it was he and not Arya who was standing trial for their sins in the finale. But the episode never definitively answered whether the Stark sisters were plotting this duplicitous turn against him the entire season or if was only recently they'd come to the decision. But to be honest, it also doesn't matter at this point, because the writing was sloppy no matter the answer. Either the writers stripped the Starks down to their worst traits for the sake of contrived narrative tension and then magically erased it or they crafted an exasperating storyline that gained nothing from keeping the audience in the dark. Whatever the case may be, at least the Starks appear to be on much better terms now.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-finale-recap-littlefinger-dead-jon-daenerys/

4 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Still hoping for a good twist on the show, instead of predictable stuff, and came across this, about Gendry, who has a lot of story with Arya:

At the end of season three, [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] spoke to me and sort of said, "Look, your character is going to disappear for a while. We don't want you to panic. We're not trying to sack you. We like your performance and your character, but we have plans for him further on down the line."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-gendry-returns-joe-dempsie-interview-1029137

Also here's a scene GRRM wrote for the show:

That would be an interesting twist! btw I didn't remember that Martin was writing the episode. I wished he'd be writing more epis.

30 minutes ago, StepStark said:

God, no! I'm happy he doesn't. In fact, he doesn't even watch the show any more. That really says all you need to know about the show.

If he was writing more epis next season it would be great since they are gonna be the ending of asoiaf! this season, i could agree bc it has been filler

Archived