Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

3 hours ago, Rhodan said:

I´ve just posted this on another site... I recently remembered how since season 3 Joffrey and Tywin knew pretty much everything about Dany, including the fact that she has three dragons... And it almost hasn´affected the plot at all. It was only used as reason why Tywin sent Dany the letter about Jorah. Which was also pretty nonsensical. 

This makes their level of unpreparedness kinda sad. Joff was right. They should have been doing something about her. The realm basically tore itself apart and bent itself over for another Targs arrival. 

11 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Perfect! And that could go back a couple of seasons, too.

And that could be done for a lot of characters!

I'd lovetto see more videos on the same topic with other characters.

I need a RESET to watch the last season!

1 hour ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

I still don't get the Winterfell plot.... :dunce:

That's because it's terrible. The whole thing is moronic.

The short of it is that the show runners wrote what they thought would be a compelling Stark sister rivalry, but realised later that the resolution of this conflict comes from a revelation from a source outside of that rivalry (The Branbot 3000), so decided to cut the revelation scene and keep it ambiguous as to whether the Stark sisters were in fact often bickering in private only to throw off the TV audience so that they can retain the trademark shock moment when Sansa ultimately names LF as the one on trial. So what we are left with is a load of codswallop!

Interesting interview, GRRM is talking about what he means by ice and fire, he's talking about storylines:

This dynastic war is one of the three main plotlines, there's another plotline involving the Others, these kind of superhuman characters, and then there's the exiled Targaryen daughter, who seeks the return or her ancient throne. Why those three main plotlines?

Well of course the two outlying [main plotlines], the things that are going on north of the Wall, and Danerys Targaryen on the other continent with her dragons, are of course the ice and fire of the title, A Song of Ice and Fire.

The central stuff, the stuff that's happening in the middle, in Kings Landing, the capital of the seven kingdoms, is much more based on historical events, historical fiction, it's loosely drawn from the War of the Roses and other conflicts around the 100 years war, although with a fantasy twist.

One of the dynamics I started with was people being so consumed with their petty struggles for power within the seven kingdoms... that they are blind to the much greater and more dangerous threats that are happening far away, on the periphery of their kingdoms.

I love NCW...

First of all, he says the show isn't actually filming multiple endings.

"Do you think that's true? It seems really stupid to me. I mean if it's true I don't believe it, but I don't know, maybe. I mean, I haven't read the script, so unless they will show several endings that could be a twist, they're not going to waste that money. They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen."

http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/news/a29605/nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-interview/

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I love NCW...

First of all, he says the show isn't actually filming multiple endings.

"Do you think that's true? It seems really stupid to me. I mean if it's true I don't believe it, but I don't know, maybe. I mean, I haven't read the script, so unless they will show several endings that could be a twist, they're not going to waste that money. They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen."

http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/news/a29605/nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-interview/

Great, can't wait for the spoilers! :P

18 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I love how Nik wants Jaime to razz Jon about sleeping with his auntie, LOL  Well, I love Nik, any old way, but he cracks me up. 

So let's see, Emilia and Kit barf on the show video. And Dinklage who knows the ending says "it's not good" over and over. And now NCW is the cautionary tale... look what happened to me!!!

NCW is hilarious! Every interview, he's the truth teller. Aegon or whatever his name is. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So let's see, Emilia and Kit barf on the show video. And Dinklage who knows the ending says "it's not good" over and over. And now NCW is the cautionary tale... look what happened to me!!!

NCW is hilarious! Every interview, he's the truth teller. Aegon or whatever his name is. :lol:

It's bad enough Nik was stuck with extra seasons of the Incestuous Dance with Darth Vader, the poor guy just wants to be able to tease Jon at this point, I can't blame him.  It's a good thing the Ds are so in love with their Darth Vader, it may be what saves Jaime's life for a while longer.  I'm sure they want a end wrap for Crazy Carol, or whoever SHE IS, LOL, and her lover formerly known as Larry.  Otherwise, I'd worry that all of Nik's truth telling would get him killed off in the first or second episode. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jaime finally freed up from the Ds prolonged torture, and the more Nik talks truth, the more I think he's looking forward to it, too, and that in a circular logic situation, makes me further look forward to it as well.  Of course, the Ds will try and fuck it up, that goes without saying. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's bad enough Nik was stuck with extra seasons of the Incestuous Dance with Darth Vader, the poor guy just wants to be able to tease Jon at this point, I can't blame him.  It's a good thing the Ds are so in love with their Darth Vader, it may be what saves Jaime's life for a while longer.  I'm sure they want a end wrap for Crazy Carol, or whoever SHE IS, LOL, and her lover formerly known as Larry.  Otherwise, I'd worry that all of Nik's truth telling would get him killed off in the first or second episode. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jaime finally freed up from the Ds prolonged torture, and the more Nik talks truth, the more I think he's looking forward to it, too, and that in a circular logic situation, makes me further look forward to it as well.  Of course, the Ds will try and fuck it up, that goes without saying. 

Yeah, that's what saved him, they needed him to prop up Darth Vader. Darth Vader immunity! Hopefully he has a scene or two where he can act like book 4 Jaime at long last.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:03 PM, Le Cygne said:

Interesting interview, GRRM is talking about what he means by ice and fire, he's talking about storylines:

This dynastic war is one of the three main plotlines, there's another plotline involving the Others, these kind of superhuman characters, and then there's the exiled Targaryen daughter, who seeks the return or her ancient throne. Why those three main plotlines?

Well of course the two outlying [main plotlines], the things that are going on north of the Wall, and Danerys Targaryen on the other continent with her dragons, are of course the ice and fire of the title, A Song of Ice and Fire.

The central stuff, the stuff that's happening in the middle, in Kings Landing, the capital of the seven kingdoms, is much more based on historical events, historical fiction, it's loosely drawn from the War of the Roses and other conflicts around the 100 years war, although with a fantasy twist.

One of the dynamics I started with was people being so consumed with their petty struggles for power within the seven kingdoms... that they are blind to the much greater and more dangerous threats that are happening far away, on the periphery of their kingdoms.

Makes me wonder if everyone dying at the end from the Others is a genuine possibility

On 9/26/2017 at 5:18 PM, Le Cygne said:

yes, he has been playing with fire for a long time!

In theory they will be reading the script next week for the first time (unless they already have the scripts but don't want to tell us)

So I'm imagining them barfing more when reading the Jonerys reveal...

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In theory they will be reading the script next week for the first time (unless they already have the scripts but don't want to tell us)

I pretty much lost interest after season 7, I'd rather just wait for the books at this point (even if that's waiting a long time).

Archived