Jump to content
Little Scribe of Naath

Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Why have an interesting character when you can have a shit actor allusion?

"At some point, you've got to start wondering... what the hell is this... plot?" - David Benioff, 2016.

Words of wisdom!

"Creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen."

Edited by Faera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd respond to the Love boat post which I completely disagree with, but since this is not a debate thread, I'll just say what I have said during months here bc now it came to my mind again how horrible it is.

It was awfully done, the love story is not believable, they have known each other for a fortnight, they make us believe this is epic, but it's incestuous, they are not each other's types AT ALL, it's cliche, the scenes that settle that pre-boat scene are ridiculously hilarious :

Jon and Dany in a corner as if they were in kindergarten,  characters telling them that they ARE in love, so as to compensate the fact that there is no natural development to that-LOL, they have just seen each other once in a "bend the knee" scene, Missandei talking about super sex with Greyworm, and then JOn magically arriving at that moment also to remind us that the cave scene is gonna be super romantic....

And of course, Jon going to the suicidal wight hunt because he is brave for Dany, and after losing Thoros and Viserion and almost all of them dying, he shows HIS SUPER LOVE AND ADMIRATION for Dany to evil Queen Cersei so as to destroy the plan. The icing of the cake LOL:lol: 

Because yeah, instead of a battle scene in KIngs Landing, Jon and Dany just....prefer her showing wights. Oh, the exhibition scene, I must say, I laughed a lot, it was "better" than I had thought since it made me laugh even knowing what would happen. The chest of the wight!!!:lmao:

And finally the boat scene, with a montage that shows us how incestuous it is, and of course, no first kiss, LOL.

I won't debate about it, this is not a debate thread, it's just to talk about what we don't like about the show, so I won't respond to comments about why what I have said is not true, and these scenes of the show are good. There are other threads for that.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Because yeah, instead of a battle scene in KIngs Landing, Jon and Dany just....prefer her showing wights. Oh, the exhibition scene, I must say, I laughed a lot, it was "better" than I had thought since it made me laugh even knowing what would happen. The chest of the wight!!!:lmao:

Just wanted to add, I just rewatched the scene and even paused at several frames, and I couldn't find anything wrong with his chest - I mean I didn't count the ribs or anything, but I didn't spot any obvious errors there?

Anyway just a detail, not sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Just wanted to add, I just rewatched the scene and even paused at several frames, and I couldn't find anything wrong with his chest - I mean I didn't count the ribs or anything, but I didn't spot any obvious errors there?

Anyway just a detail, not sure though.

I mean that thr whole thing of the wight inside the chest and everyone wondering what is happening is comical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Oh, my bad :o

Btw I'd rather use the word "comedic" than "comical" since it was obviously intended humor - however I agree that using humor in that scene can be considered bad writing.

Edited by Pink Fat Rast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now certain that they used season 7 pretty much to deceive us, everyone is expecting Jon and Dany army get togheter, destroy the NK, get married and rules the 7 Kingdoms (ughhh) but since the cast started doing interviews about season 8 I realize that this is not how its going to play out. First of all Daenerys wont save anything, not that I hate her, but this has not being her character the entire book, Daenerys brings more chaos and destruction, never solutions. She pretty much destroyed all the cities from Essos that she conquered. Bran will have a VERY important role and I am betting on him saving the day.

Spoiler

The ony real spoiler that we got from season 8 was the one telling us that the Dothraki will get sick and die from the cold and flu (which makes tons of sense) 

I am predicting that the Unsullied will have a very hard time fighting in the snow and cold of the winter of Westeros, thats why George made sure to point out taht Stannis army was suffering in the North, he wanted the reader to know that its hard for a foregeing army to fight in climate situations that they are not used to. And I also believe now that Dany will lose control of her Dragons. This is a song of Ice AND Fire, its ice and fire that will tear apart Westeros, and a Dream of Spring will be the period where they rebuild a destroyed Kingdom.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.10 DVD commentary clip - explains why Dorne was changed from books to TV series (Benioff, Weiss)
 

This is for a translation project, for info the showrunners say in the DVD commentaries, so we can share it with the non-English versions of Game of Thrones Wiki and fans in general.  

Commentators already worked out Spanish, Portuguese, and German (I have to figure out how to load them as subtitles...) -- looking for help with other languages (i.e. if @Ran and Linda can help out with Swedish or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

5.10 DVD commentary clip - explains why Dorne was changed from books to TV series (Benioff, Weiss)
 

This is for a translation project, for info the showrunners say in the DVD commentaries, so we can share it with the non-English versions of Game of Thrones Wiki and fans in general.  

Commentators already worked out Spanish, Portuguese, and German (I have to figure out how to load them as subtitles...) -- looking for help with other languages (i.e. if @Ran and Linda can help out with Swedish or something).

Speaking of Dorne, what happened to Arys Oakheart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the show just had him return to King's Landing off-screen.

Realistically, they just stopped caring.

They stopped really keeping count of how many Kingsguard there are in Season 5, and it only got sloppier from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

They stopped really keeping count of how many Kingsguard there are in Season 5, and it only got sloppier from there.

During Marillion mutilation you can notice nine Kingsguards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kandrax said:

During Marillion mutilation you can notice nine Kingsguards.

Oh I know, I made this labeled screenshot of it four years ago for the wiki:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/File:Too_Many_Kingsguard.jpg

Albeit they're not all in the same SHOT, but in different camera angles, so maybe they filmed different takes different days, then re-edited it poorly...not quite as embarrassing as nine in one shot, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.2.2018 at 5:41 AM, The Dragon Demands said:

5.10 DVD commentary clip - explains why Dorne was changed from books to TV series (Benioff, Weiss)
 

 

On the topic of finding out relatively unknown information about scrapped/alternate plans for storylines and sequences and whatnot - you aware of any evidence for the wight children that kill Karsi being originally supposed to be her own, or children she at least knew from her village or something?

Some people apparently mistook it for that, but it's never really implied in the show - always found it kinda weird that those are just supposed to be random kids that freeze her to such an extent. Any stuff (aside from the longer action opening) that they ended up not filming or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, bits here and there along those lines - we know Karsi was written to be a man, and only changed at the last minute "because women are nurturing", to play up her death scene (I feel badly that the actress went on to praise what a Strong Woman the role was, not realizing she was only Strong because it was written as a man, then just changed the pronouns).  

Also all the Dorne stuff about how Alexander Siddig said he was paid in advance for four episodes in Season 6 so there's no possible way they intended to kill him off in the way that they did.  The whole Dorne writing in Season 5 was....constantly in flux, written on the fly as they were filming, and not really coordinating between units (so the writing of different scenes doesn't match up).  

I...BELIEVE that there was a deleted scene here or there never released, with like, Missandei talking about Naath to Grey Worm in Season 7 - but they may have cut that to push the same dialogue into Season 8 (it's redundant).  

But you're talking about "deleted scenes" - we have lists for that stuff, even the ones not released but that they've mentioned.

Worst to me is Cogman, "well, I scripted a scene of Loras mourning Renly in Season 3, but due to "time constraints" kept pushing it back to season 4, then 5, then 6 - but we had to cut it for time to make room for invented characters like Olly".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Well, bits here and there along those lines - we know Karsi was written to be a man, and only changed at the last minute "because women are nurturing", to play up her death scene (I feel badly that the actress went on to praise what a Strong Woman the role was, not realizing she was only Strong because it was written as a man, then just changed the pronouns).  

Well that's pretty much the history of Ripley, so maybe she wouldn't be that upset if she heard this.

25 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

But you're talking about "deleted scenes" - we have lists for that stuff, even the ones not released but that they've mentioned.

Not necessarily - I kinda wasn't expecting there to be a deleted scene about this, but maybe an idea or plan ended up not being used.

Would've especially made sense considering they already had a homage to George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (the WW coming out of the fire), where the mom is too petrified / grief stricken to fight back or try to escape her zombie daughter.


If it was initially a male role, then it would even make more sense for there to have been some kind of backstory right?

25 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Worst to me is Cogman, "well, I scripted a scene of Loras mourning Renly in Season 3, but due to "time constraints" kept pushing it back to season 4, then 5, then 6 - but we had to cut it for time to make room for invented characters like Olly".  

Well that obviously made it into a released deleted scene, but they could've written a new version of that and put it somewhere else up to incl. S6 - especially considering they didn't forget to show Brienne obsessing over Renly, so definitely should've been in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Pink Fat Rast said:

 

Well that obviously made it into a released deleted scene, but they could've written a new version of that and put it somewhere else up to incl. S6 - especially considering they didn't forget to show Brienne obsessing over Renly, so definitely should've been in there.

 

No, obviously not.  Well, clarification:  I'm not talking about the Season 2 deleted scene of Loras mourning Renly.  I'm talking about that by Seasons 3-4, Cogman kept saying "Well yeah we're showing Loras having sex with a random prostitute, but I meant to balance that out by also including a scene making it clear that Loras is just 'drowning his sorrows' as it were with anonymous sex, and is in fact still deeply mourning Renly.  I even scripted it out, but it had to be cut for time".....and at the same time, Cogman is praising "Isn't it great we made invented scenes for minor characters like Olly?"....and the contradiction is lost on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

.and at the same time, Cogman is praising "Isn't it great we made invented scenes for minor characters like Olly?"....and the contradiction is lost on him.

Eh, if it was between having an entire emotional arc for Loras and Olly, it'd make sense to pick the latter since that was a more important storyline.


However, all they had to do was insert a few short bits in already existing Loras scenes, and that base already would've been covered - a few additional scenes wouldn't have caused any "time" problems, so that reasoning is indeed quite ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Among the older examples of the bad writing, I think Qarth deserves more mention than it does get. It wasn´t super terrible and of course I know that book Qarth didn´t really have a plot to put on screen, but in the same season that gave us Talisa, we´ve had this another major deviation and my god, it told us really something about these writers. Generic and not very believeable plot, cheesy and repetative dialogue. I guess it simply felt kinda natural in Essos back then :-).  

Edited by Rhodan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×