Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

41 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Really? Most of the critics in fact were praising the show from what I remember.....specially Sansa's character was a hit among the faux-feminists. I don't remember any mainstream criticism for the show, do you have links?

6 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Lots of fans were critical of both Jon and Sansa's actions during the Battle for Winterfell.  

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12008792/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dany-sansa-everyone-awful

I am in complete denial that LF will try to use Sansa's letter as a way of tearing her and Arya apart. Wasn't that letter written when Ned was still alive and she only did it to try and save him? It's a scheme that a five year old could see through.

I maintain that the only way these writers know how to do political machinations is to make everyone on the receiving end a complete idiot. This is the inverse - LF's plan is going to fail and doom him, so it has to be the most moronic idea anyone in the series has ever had, just so it can be spotted and exposed.

2 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Lots of fans were critical of both Jon and Sansa's actions during the Battle for Winterfell.  

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12008792/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dany-sansa-everyone-awful

"More broadly, it served to underline what is perhaps the central theme of George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels: There are no heroes."

God damn, this quote pissed me off. 

27 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I am in complete denial that LF will try to use Sansa's letter as a way of tearing her and Arya apart. Wasn't that letter written when Ned was still alive and she only did it to try and save him? It's a scheme that a five year old could see through.

I maintain that the only way these writers know how to do political machinations is to make everyone on the receiving end a complete idiot. This is the inverse - LF's plan is going to fail and doom him, so it has to be the most moronic idea anyone in the series has ever had, just so it can be spotted and exposed.

Let's not forget that LF staying all the season in WF, doing anything else (but wanting the iron throne):bang: is the most sensible idea his book counterpart would ever have, of course.

But these leaks with a LF not teleporting...I don't know what to think....everyone teleports except him, the one who created teleportation!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/18/2016 at 10:57 AM, Cridefea said:

Yes, I don't like it because I love Jaime and he deserves a better plot, but the real point here is: why should Cersei want to stop drinking moon tea???? I really don't like this!

I'm not sure I understand what you meant.  Can you say it another way please?

I had assumed she had Qyburn make something for hert that stopped menstruation to thwart her father wanting her to breed again with someone else.

I meant if she IS pregnant in the comin season(s) will this not be VERY significant for the reasons I mentioned in my post?

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Let's not forget that LF staying all the season in WF, doing anything else (but wanting the iron throne):bang: is the most sensible idea his book counterpart would ever have, of course.

But these leaks with a LF not teleporting...I don't know what to think....everyone teleports except him, the one who created teleportation!!!!!!!!!!!!

It begs to ask, is LF now Jon's subject? Who does LF answer too? Why would Jon leave Sansa in Winterfell with LF? A lot of stuff is not making sense but oh, wait..... never mind.

12 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It begs to ask, is LF now Jon's subject? Who does LF answer too? Why would Jon leave Sansa in Winterfell with LF? A lot of stuff is not making sense but oh, wait..... never mind.

Let us guess that we are never going to get an answer to this question.  I still am confused why the Knights of the Vale all pledged allegiance to Jon in the Winds of Winter.

41 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Let us guess that we are never going to get an answer to this question.  I still am confused why the Knights of the Vale all pledged allegiance to Jon in the Winds of Winter.

And LF told Sansa in the Godswood that he pledge to House Stark. Where is Sweet Robin in all this? What does he think of this?

A thing that bugs me as a book reader first and a show-sorta-follower second is the loss of the narrative as far as the coming of Long Night 2.0. I know the show hates magic as much as it hates direwolves ( but not giant fire breathing lizards), but in Feast, Jaime notes it's snowing in the Riverlands and could be in Lannisport and King's Landing as well. This is NOT our winter. And fell things are on the move, bringing an even more dire winter than the usual by Westeros standards. And the only sign we have in show is some folks are wearing sleeves (fringed or French, we don't know...).

I'm really not worried about the books being "spoiled" by the show, or spoilers "spoiling" the show, because tits and dragons, and boatsex.

52 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

A thing that bugs me as a book reader first and a show-sorta-follower second is the loss of the narrative as far as the coming of Long Night 2.0. I know the show hates magic as much as it hates direwolves ( but not giant fire breathing lizards), but in Feast, Jaime notes it's snowing in the Riverlands and could be in Lannisport and King's Landing as well. This is NOT our winter. And fell things are on the move, bringing an even more dire winter than the usual by Westeros standards. And the only sign we have in show is some folks are wearing sleeves (fringed or French, we don't know...).

I'm really not worried about the books being "spoiled" by the show, or spoilers "spoiling" the show, because tits and dragons, and boatsex.

Yeah, the books are not spoiled by this crap as much as I thought they might before last season.

55 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Boatsex :lmao:

Yea, I bet if you were to ask the average viewer about the Long Night and the Long Night 2.0 coming, they'd probably answer with a :blink:

Or Azor Ahai, the Last Hero, Bran the anything, etc that has to do with the world up to this point. 

Tits and dragons (certainly no direwolves) 

16 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

I'm not sure I understand what you meant.  Can you say it another way please?

I had assumed she had Qyburn make something for hert that stopped menstruation to thwart her father wanting her to breed again with someone else.

I meant if she IS pregnant in the comin season(s) will this not be VERY significant for the reasons I mentioned in my post?

Cersei drank moon tea to prevent pregnancy (at least till season 4 but I think even in season 5). If she is pregnant now, it means that she stopped drinking it in season 6 because she wants another child, why? It makes no sense. And this is probably the worst lad's leaks. I don't like Cersei's pregnancy, not only because Jaime deserves a better plot, but also because it makes no sense that Cersei wants another child.

And yes, it will be very significant.

46 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

Cersei drank moon tea to prevent pregnancy (at least till season 4 but I think even in season 5). If she is pregnant now, it means that she stopped drinking it in season 6 because she wants another child, why? It makes no sense. And this is probably the worst lad's leaks. I don't like Cersei's pregnancy, not only because Jaime deserves a better plot, but also because it makes no sense that Cersei wants another child.

she stopped drinking it just in case Tommen was gonna die, although she knows she will have only 3 children :rolleyes:

now the real truth

if the pregnancy becomes true (no!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!) it will be because the writers decided that Cersei deserved it, as she deserves the love of Jaime and second opportunities because she is not bad. She also deserves that her enemies understand she is HUMAN and LoVELY and TRUSTFUL.

It is kinda funny, for 6 seasons, Cersei has hid behind her Bastard children that she fought so hard to convince them and everyone that they were the children of King Robert. Now, at the end of Season 6, she does not care anymore, despite, the alliance against her of Dorne and The Reach alone, not withstanding Dany and her dragons, Barbarian Dothraki, Iron born and sellswords. Cersie is claiming the Iron Throne in her own right. It kinda blows the mind. The next worst part is that apparently, Season 7, most of the storyline or a good chunk of it is everyone else trying to convince Cersei to "join" their cause instead of destroying her and then moving North to deal with other threats. Sort of rediculous.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:27 AM, kg1982 said:

Thanks for the link! That's a pretty accurate review of how everyone is just illogical, idiotic and/or heartless on the show. I hope we see more such reviews this year.

There’s no meaning; Game of Thrones is not leading anywhere. Everyone’s just going to knock around, killing one another in endless power games, until hordes of ice zombies arrive and wipe them all out. Amen.

This is so true. Although they'll try their hardest to turn Jon, Tyrion and Dany into heroes which the audience should root for, I'm rooting for the NK.

The unfortunate thing, however, is that this reviewer seems to think this is an accurate reflection of the books, which it is not. I've been saying for a while that GRRM should really come out and state in no uncertain terms that the books and the show are on separate paths now; they are two entirely different stories. 

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

she stopped drinking it just in case Tommen was gonna die, although she knows she will have only 3 children :rolleyes:

now the real truth

if the pregnancy becomes true (no!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!) it will be because the writers decided that Cersei deserved it, as she deserves the love of Jaime and second opportunities because she is not bad. She also deserves that her enemies understand she is HUMAN and LoVELY and TRUSTFUL.

Cersei is evil. Show Cersei, they have white-washed her starting in Season 2. Season 1 was pretty much spot on.

3 hours ago, Cridefea said:

I don't know if you are talking show or book.  Because when Tywin commands her to marry again, she refuses and soon after, I cannot recall exactly, someone mentions her having more children or marrying, and she gets a sly grin on her face and says "that's not going to happen NOW".  And there was something else that made me think she took a brew or drug/potion to bring on menopause.... and she is very close to that age.  She's over 40 at that point.

EDIT: if she can get the maester to tell Tywin she has entered menopause, then there is no reason for him to get her to marry.... and as Ollena said, she is invaluable without the ability to breed.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

now the real truth

what if she has another child and dies or gets murdered and Jaime is blessed finally with a child to raise, leaving the King's Guard.  Plus, the other spoiler's suggest he turns out to be a brilliant war commander in the coming battles so he would have wonderful things written of him in the Book.

Cersei doesn't deserve it, I'd like to see Jaime have it.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Cersei is evil. Show Cersei, they have white-washed her starting in Season 2. Season 1 was pretty much spot on.

She is evil but she loves her children.  - Tyrion.

Tyrion never lies in these matters.  And she has great cheek bones (also Tyrion)

:D

Archived