Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

15 minutes ago, StepStark said:

Well, they had to keep him alive in the show, because otherwise Michelle Fairly would have to play a zombie and that would be just a waste of a good actress. Because she obviously wasn't wasted in the show as it is, and she'd probably hate so much to play a zombie. It's much better to have Beric argue with Sandor about how many bandits is he allowed to hang personally.

I was really hoping that they would have done a Lady Stoneheart for the show, but not made her as zombie-ish as the books, but more like how Benjen is portrayed on the show now in place of Cold Hands...

1 hour ago, StepStark said:

Well, they had to keep him alive in the show, because otherwise Michelle Fairly would have to play a zombie and that would be just a waste of a good actress. Because she obviously wasn't wasted in the show as it is, and she'd probably hate so much to play a zombie. It's much better to have Beric argue with Sandor about how many bandits is he allowed to hang personally.

Yeah, that was such a bad move cutting Lady Stoneheart, a bunch of characters lost their stories and have been in bad filler (or rowing) ever since as a result of that decision. They could have adapted it in a number of good ways, but no...

1 hour ago, StepStark said:

And interestingly they had Jon playing a zombie as well and he got Emmy nomination. (so he was not wasted for them:dunno::lmao:).

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I wouldn't say I'm excited for the new season, more curious enough to want to see how things unfold.

I expect there might be little nuggets of enjoyment in the midst of all the tripe. Not that I'm judging it without having seen it. There might be no nuggets of enjoyment at all :P

At this point in the show, I think the only character fit to rule is Beric Dondarrion. All hail the Lightning King, champion of the smallfolk! (cue heroic death)

What astonished me as I got into the books is just how important the so-called minor characters are for developing the themes of the book series. I'm sure this of course has been obvious to many people for years lol, because they were smart enough to read the books long ago even if they love the show.

I am totally convinced that NONE of the main show characters will end up ruling Happily Ever After in the books. Beric, Brienne, evolved Jaime, evolved Theon, Dornish Master Plan, and the whole relationship with the Others/Children, plus Bran timelooping and the hinted at far North-of-the-wall stuff will end up being far more important. Plus all the Essos stuff and those fascinating characters.

And maybe it is a minority opinion but I am not in love with Kit, Sophie, Emilia, and especially not Lena who looked like a zombie most of season 6. Of course they are good enough, and have moments of greatness (except maybe Kit lol, but he sure is beautiful), but I have come to dislike them as their characters have been mangled. If D&D really are shaping the series to pander to these actors, I'm not sure they chose the right ones. Or at least, their 'face' skills can't really save the writing that is supposed to be highlighting their talents.

What is such a shame to me is that plenty of the actors in the 'minor' roles are terrific. Why couldn't they have carried on as the transition characters to close out the show story in the way talked about by GRRM as he was planning the book series? Why emphasize Bronn and Pod for example, who frankly I don't see as particularly important in the books, and man am I sick of cock jokes around those two. It would have been fantastic if show characters like Beric would've been given major roles these last two seasons, instead of focusing on the various fanfic pairings like Jon/Dany etc.

I have been on Team Night King/The Children for a few seasons now, apocalyptic destruction of the human realm gets ever more appealing lol...

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If the pregnancy happens I'll write the biggest rant ever, as I said months ago.

If it happens, be prepared for that ranters.

I almost want it to happen so I can read this rant ;)

It really was some achievement to strip Jaime of one of the best character arcs in the story and turn him into a complete nonentity, ignoring the genuinely well done build-up to his arc in the Riverlands with Brienne.

44 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

It really was some achievement to strip Jaime of one of the best character arcs in the story and turn him into a complete nonentity, ignoring the genuinely well done build-up to his arc in the Riverlands with Brienne.

The problem with jamie is how his story will go in the books. And if brienne delivers him to lady stoneheart then he only has the following options:

Help rescue hostages and die

Help rescue hostages and go to the wall

Help kill the freys and die

Help kiml the freys and go to the wall

Die

Go to the wall

LS won t let jamie go again. I can imagine brienne being able to convince her to send him to the wall as punishment but not more than that... how could the show do that without LS?

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If the pregnancy happens I'll write the biggest rant ever, as I said months ago.

If it happens, be prepared for that ranters.

I'll join you, but I'll write another extremely long rant if Lyanna Mormont is "not like other girls" and bashes knitting. 

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Yes, he's one of my favourite chatacters in the books, but I pretty much want him to die on the show, so I don't have to see how they ruin his chatacter any longer. 

4 hours ago, SerProle said:

What astonished me as I got into the books is just how important the so-called minor characters are for developing the themes of the book series. I'm sure this of course has been obvious to many people for years lol, because they were smart enough to read the books long ago even if they love the show.

I am totally convinced that NONE of the main show characters will end up ruling Happily Ever After in the books. Beric, Brienne, evolved Jaime, evolved Theon, Dornish Master Plan, and the whole relationship with the Others/Children, plus Bran timelooping and the hinted at far North-of-the-wall stuff will end up being far more important. Plus all the Essos stuff and those fascinating characters.

And maybe it is a minority opinion but I am not in love with Kit, Sophie, Emilia, and especially not Lena who looked like a zombie most of season 6. Of course they are good enough, and have moments of greatness (except maybe Kit lol, but he sure is beautiful), but I have come to dislike them as their characters have been mangled. If D&D really are shaping the series to pander to these actors, I'm not sure they chose the right ones. Or at least, their 'face' skills can't really save the writing that is supposed to be highlighting their talents.

What is such a shame to me is that plenty of the actors in the 'minor' roles are terrific. Why couldn't they have carried on as the transition characters to close out the show story in the way talked about by GRRM as he was planning the book series? Why emphasize Bronn and Pod for example, who frankly I don't see as particularly important in the books, and man am I sick of cock jokes around those two. It would have been fantastic if show characters like Beric would've been given major roles these last two seasons, instead of focusing on the various fanfic pairings like Jon/Dany etc.

I have been on Team Night King/The Children for a few seasons now, apocalyptic destruction of the human realm gets ever more appealing lol...

:agree:and I'm also team White Walker. 

Most human characters are evil, annoying or incompetent and at this point the White Walkers seem like a good alternative. 

I'm an avid tv watcher, I watch series through to the end-I was with Dexter to the very end.  I have shown my attention to this show on the R&R threads.

I have zero interest in watching this show-the supposedly hottest thing on tv.

It must be me.

9 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I'm an avid tv watcher, I watch series through to the end-I was with Dexter to the very end.  I have shown my attention to this show on the R&R threads.

I have zero interest in watching this show-the supposedly hottest thing on tv.

It must be me.

If the last episode of the entire show had scenes of the Children having orgies in the Weirwoods, Others reclining in ice castles with a few young humans with glowing blue eyes sat on their knees, and humble human smallfolk farming near the heaped bones of dragons and warriors, would you be tempted  to watch it lol? My own personal fanfic lol;)

4 hours ago, divica said:

The problem with jamie is how his story will go in the books. And if brienne delivers him to lady stoneheart then he only has the following options:

Help rescue hostages and die

Help rescue hostages and go to the wall

Help kill the freys and die

Help kiml the freys and go to the wall

Die

Go to the wall

LS won t let jamie go again. I can imagine brienne being able to convince her to send him to the wall as punishment but not more than that... how could the show do that without LS?

https://www.thedradonandthewolf.com/single-post/2017/01/28/Jaime-Lannisters-Redemption-Books-Show

26 minutes ago, SerProle said:

If the last episode of the entire show had scenes of the Children having orgies in the Weirwoods, Others reclining in ice castles with a few young humans with glowing blue eyes sat on their knees, and humble human smallfolk farming near the heaped bones of dragons and warriors, would you be tempted  to watch it lol? My own personal fanfic lol;)

Nah, I would only be interested if the showrunners weren't Hack and Burn

2 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Nah, I would only be interested if the showrunners weren't Hack and Burn

I hear ya. But do you really want to miss out on the amazing but utterly senseless parkour sequences Mylod will be gracing us with this season? Really?!? And the life affirming cock/rape jokes by half of our favorite characters?

I've been binge watching Preston's season episode reviews again, cheers me up. I simply can't bring myself to watch season 6 again before Sunday's premier, its too awful. I think the only thing that would pretty much kill my last waning pleasure in watching the show is if he quit doing them lol. But he won't, so it makes watching Hack and Burn's magnum poopus more bearable. I watch with others in my home, can't really escape it anyway.

Oh, his reviews will be good, he must keep them up. I want to hear the Night King's take (the one who does the reviews) on the rumored wight polar bear scene (some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you, and it's not Jonny's day).

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, his reviews will be good, he must keep them up. I want to hear the Night King's take (the one who does the reviews) on the rumored wight polar bear scene (some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you, and it's not Jonny's day).

Oh gawd yes, just imagine the material Preston will have to work with if the leaks turn out to be roughly accurate lol. Poor Chad Summerchild, Queen in the North, trying to honeypot the mountains of crap lol. At least we know with Preston's reviews, Team Night King will RULE this season.

18 minutes ago, SerProle said:

Oh gawd yes, just imagine the material Preston will have to work with if the leaks turn out to be roughly accurate lol. Poor Chad Summerchild, Queen in the North, trying to honeypot the mountains of crap lol. At least we know with Preston's reviews, Team Night King will RULE this season.

I love how Sweetrobin is the voice of reason, too. Team Night's King and Sweetrobin!

15 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I love how Sweetrobin is the voice of reason, too. Team Night's King and Sweetrobin!

Now that is some shipping I could get into lol;) They do make a splendid pair. I'm not sure why some people dislike Preston's goofy voices and characters, they have so grown on me. Its actually very impressive how rewatchable his videos are, the funny one and the theory ones. I've probably watched the season 6 episode 4 review dozens of times, because I have to share it with virgin friends lol. Its a classic, the list of thousands of things that Worry Jon Snow cracks me up every time. 

3 hours ago, SerProle said:

That would actually redeem the show for me :D

#teamwhitewalker

Archived