Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

31 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Ummm...  but if Cersei dies, Dany likely becomes queen.  No?  And yes, I consider Dany to be a dangerous tyrant and don't think that the North should have to become her submissive subjects.  Martin's books certainly argue there is no such thing as a good monarch; there are just slightly less dictatorial ones.

Ummmm, I will try to explain this again, If Cersei dies, who will take over rule of Westeros, as Dany has not yet conquered it (remember the truce and all)? Let me get my crayons.....Dany and Jon off fighting the Others in the North, Cersei is assassinated, who does the throne fall to?

Yes, if Dany conquers Westeros and as a result Cersei dies, of course Dany would be queen, that's not what I asked. But Dany and stupid Jon are off having stupid boat sex, after having lost their stupid dragon because of Jon's stupid plan, remember?

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

@ Sir Mathis 

Question #2

Cersei: "But I will be Queen?"

Maggy: "Oh yes you'll be Queen, for a time. Then comes another, younger more beautiful to cast you down and take all you hold dear."

Margaery fulfilled that part of the prophecy didn't she?

But yet she is still Queen. Even then Cersei was Queen Mother and Margaery never "cast her down" Cersei the High Sparrow was on his way to doing this but got KIA

5 hours ago, kimim said:

I'm having a tough time believing that Tarly would side with Cersei, in effect committing suicide by Mary Sue.

There are couple of things that irks me about this...

1. Olenna knows that her house is gone. There is no one but her. She is aware that she can't live forever. On the other hand, she has Tarly with that hunky son who can continue the line. Wouldn't it be more logical for her to say to Tarlys "Be loyal to me and after my death, Reach is yours?" I mean, even in Season 6, she is aware her house has no future.

2. Tarlys supposedly know what force Daenerys commands. Yes, probably they would have issues with Dothraki and Unsullied but if he got the news from North (Stark victory and union with Vale forces) and Riverlands (Walder's death), he knows that Lannisters are on their own with more enemies than one can count.

Overall, I am not that big fan of this. Especially seeing Olenna dying. And how in God's name will Dany leave Cersei alive to the end of this season... 

Archived