Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

Previous one was too long, so let's make new one...continue debate here. 

EDIT: Also friendly reminder to be civil in general.,. so this thread won't get closed down like the last one. Not only length but also some of you managed to get it closed down due to heated debate. Let's not repeat it...as we all want to discuss info for next season.

I think the thread title should be edited to indicate this is a leak discussion thread, since some innocent soul might wander in here thinking there might be some casting news only to have huge spoilers dumped on their unsuspecting selves.

Topic:

In the filming pictures of Jaime and Bronn on what are likely the Highgarden battlements, there's another guy who appears to be an actor in costume. A poster at WOTW says he looks like Michael Wincott. Michael Wincott is a Canadian actor who has appeared in another HBO show recently (Westworld). Sue at WOTW can't find anything to confirm it's him, so maybe it's just an actor with a resemblance to Michael Wincott.

57 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I think the thread title should be edited to indicate this is a leak discussion thread, since some innocent soul might wander in here thinking there might be some casting news only to have huge spoilers dumped on their unsuspecting selves.

Topic:

In the filming pictures of Jaime and Bronn on what are likely the Highgarden battlements, there's another guy who appears to be an actor in costume. A poster at WOTW says he looks like Michael Wincott. Michael Wincott is a Canadian actor who has appeared in another HBO show recently (Westworld). Sue at WOTW can't find anything to confirm it's him, so maybe it's just an actor with a resemblance to Michael Wincott.

Leaks are everywhere at his point (youtube, reddit, tumblr, twitter etc) every major social media platform already reported or referenced to it... but I edited it to leaks discussion thread just to clarifiy it contains leaks. So no other poor soul here gets spoiled by an accident. If there is any.

Yeah. he reminds me of Michael Wincott. That might be a very first Canadian actor on the show if true. 

58 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Leaks are everywhere at his point (youtube, reddit, tumblr, twitter etc) every major social media platform already reported or referenced to it... but I edited it to leaks discussion thread just to clarifiy it contains leaks. So no other poor soul here gets spoiled by an accident. If there is any.

Yeah. he reminds me of Michael Wincott. That might be a very first Canadian actor on the show if true. 

Thanks.

Yeah, I don't think there have been any Canadian actors on the show to date. The Tudors this ain't.

1 hour ago, Leticia Stark said:

At this point, I believe 70% in the leaks, but still, I can only hope he got most of the context wrong.

And I want to know about Winterfell :(

This is the leaker's take on what happens at Winterfell and the non-Jon Starks:

Episode 1: Big powwow with Jon, Lyanna Mormont, Sansa, etc. and the Umber and Karstark heirs. Lyanna and Sansa want the heirs stripped of their lands and redistributed to those families who were loyal to the Starks at the BOTB. Jon refuses, much to Lyanna and Sansa's displeasure. (Leaker describes Sansa as "vindictive" in this scene, at least when compared to Jon.)

Bran meets with NW and crosses the Wall in the first episode.

Arya takes Walder Frey's face and presides over a great feast with all the surviving Frey male heirs. After ensuring the women have left the room, she leads the assembly in a toast, which turns out to be poisoned.

Episode 2: Jon receives a letter from Dany summoning him (or all the lords, not sure) to Dragonstone. Sansa is not happy about Jon leaving but chills out when he says that she'll be in charge during his absence. Jon leaves Winterfell with Davos and does not lay eyes on Arya or Bran in Season 7.

Episode 2 or 3: Arya encounters Nymeria while heading to Winterfell, but they don't continue on together.

Episode 3: Bran and Meera arrive at Winterfell.

Episode 4: Arya arrives at Winterfell.

Episode 5: Jon receives word that Bran and Arya have arrived at Winterfell safely, and while he's glad to hear it, he has bigger fish to fry.

Sam decides he's had enough of dogsbody work and leaves for Winterfell with Gilly and Little Sam. Gilly discovered the record of an annulment of Rhaegar's marriage in the maester's records, although Sam doesn't realize the significance of her mention of "Ragger" until later on.

Episodes 3-7:

Meera leaves Bran at Winterfell to head back to her family home. She claims that the real Bran died at the cave. (Apparently Bran is spaced out and distant.)

Arya and Brienne have a great sparring scene.

Littlefinger decides that Arya is a threat and tries to play the sisters against each other. He retrieves the letter that Sansa wrote to Robb when she was a prisoner in KL, asking him to swear loyalty to Joffrey etc. etc., and plants it in Arya's room. This leads Arya to accuse Sansa of wanting to undermine Jon and of wanting to replace him as the true leader in the North.

Sansa eventually realizes that Littlefinger is poison, apparently "with help from Bran." Not sure how Bran "helps" Sansa realize this.

Sansa sends Pod and Brienne south. 

Episode 7:

Sansa sentences Littlefinger to be executed. Arya carries out the sentence using the same Valyrian steel dagger used in the attempt on Bran's life way back in Season 1.

Bran and Sam piece together the truth that Jon is the legitimate Targaryen heir, "Aegon Targaryen." Sam remembers what Gilly said about "Ragger." It's not stated that Sam arrives at Winterfell by Episode 7, but it seems implied.

4chan dude, another poster who may have legit inside information, claimed that Bran sends a flock of ravens to Eastwatch.

Assuming the leaker is correct, I'm wondering if Littlefinger's downfall has something to do with the Valyrian steel dagger Arya uses to execute Littlefinger, since the leaker says it's the same dagger used in the attempt on Bran's life, aka Littlefinger's dagger.

In the books and the show, Littlefinger lied about the dagger belonging to Tyrion Lannister in order to provoke conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters, and we all know how that turned out. In the books, GRRM seems to solve the mystery of who ordered the attack on Bran's life by having Tyrion deduce it was probably Joffrey. The show, however, has never solved the mystery.

So I guess I'm wondering whether the show is going to "solve" the mystery by having Littlefinger identified as the party responsible for the attempt on Bran's life. It was Littlefinger's knife after all. To be fair, Tyrion is right when he claims that "Only a fool would arm an assassin with his own blade," and LF is no fool. Still, if the leaker is right about the dagger being used as the execution weapon, that suggests some special significance attached to that decision, since otherwise one assumes Arya would just use Needle to kill him.

If Bran is able to persuade Sansa that Littlefinger started the whole war by trying to have Bran killed and subsequently blaming Tyrion to cover his tracks, that would likely be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

17 minutes ago, Newstar said:

~snip~

Besides the fact that this is the same leaker that said there wasn't a Riverlands storyline this season, he later comes out with that Frey dinner poisoning.  

Can you even explain what Arya is doing filming scenes for ep 1 in Stark gear at Linen Mills where Winterfell scenes are shot? The leaker said Arya was returning to Winterfell in ep4 BEFORE her onset pics were released to the media. 

How can you believe any of this stuff if he is clearly making a huge chunk of Arya's story up? 

Just now, DutchArya said:

^ I mean, just look at that vague 

Besides the fact that this is the same leaker that said there wasn't a Riverlands storyline this season, he later comes out with that Frey dinner poisoning.  

Can you even explain what Arya is doing filming scenes for ep 1 in Stark gear at Linen Mills where Winterfell scenes are shot? 

How can you believe any of this stuff if he is clearly making a huge chunk of Arya's story up? 

He said there is some. Not much besides Arya and Frey sons at dinner drinking wine where is posion. But most of all Arya is supposed to be in ep 1 as she was seem with Jeremy Podeswa, so as long as there wasn't another director. Leakre got it wrong.

19 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Episode 1: Big powwow with Jon, Lyanna Mormont, Sansa, etc. and the Umber and Karstark heirs. Lyanna and Sansa want the heirs stripped of their lands and redistributed to those families who were loyal to the Starks at the BOTB. Jon refuses, much to Lyanna and Sansa's displeasure. (Leaker describes Sansa as "vindictive" in this scene, at least when compared to Jon.)

This might be the only scene that makes sense. Why would anyone want traitors to retain their lands? Jon's innocence almost cost him the North last year, and he plans on keeping his posture. Not sure how I feel about his development.  

Just now, Alayne's Shadow. said:

This might be the only scene that makes sense. Why would anyone want traitors to retain their lands? 

Not like it's the fault of their kids, to blame them for their father's mistake or choices.

Boltons were the ones who rule by terror, part of Red Wedding and their House territory could go to others. Hornwoods live nearby and some other smaller. Karstarks allied with them for a logical reason. Robb cut down head of their Lord Rickard Karstark, Umbers well yeah they handed Rickon to Boltons but also Jon lead wildlings army. Their sworn enemy. Not like they allied for no reason but it would've been better if they let Rickon live and just allied with Boltonsdue to wildlings. But they took their choices with this plot.

11 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

^ I mean, just look at that vague 

Can you even explain what Arya is doing filming scenes for ep 1 in Stark gear at Linen Mills where Winterfell scenes are shot? 

Because people claimed the leaker was "clearly making a huge chunk of" Jon's story up. Until he wasn't, LOL.

Also, as I said in the previous thread, the leaker has been right to date about everything involving Jon. That is impossible to dispute at this point. 

Therefore, the leaker is probably also right about Jon in Episode 5 receiving a raven that says that Arya and Bran arrived safely, which means that Arya is not at Winterfell in Episode 1.

As for the Riverlands mistake, I can buy that a guy who consistently misspelled Targaryen as "Targareyon" had no idea what the Riverlands were supposed to be.

But most of all Arya is supposed to be in ep 1 as she was seem with Jeremy Podeswa, so as long as there wasn't another director. 

Leaker agrees that Arya appears in the premiere, but not at Winterfell. 

All information about Jon's story according to the leaker so far has been confirmed. The leaker claims that Jon gets a raven in Episode 5 informing him that Arya and Bran have arrived at Winterfell. Therefore, Arya is not at Winterfell in Episode 1.

This might be the only scene that makes sense. Why would anyone want traitors to retain their lands? 

I think Jon supposedly talks about the need for conciliation and not punishing the kids for their relatives' mistakes, blah blah blah.

Sidenote: From the last thread, there was some discussion on not much filming going on with the Winterfell crew and that's mainly due to the Directors/Cast for those later eps are focused on shooting in Spain. 

End of Oct, both Maisie and Sophie were in Belfast for a few days and this was being set up:

http://watchersonthewall.com/snowy-game-thrones-set-construction-mournes/

When filming started:

http://watchersonthewall.com/cameras-roll-new-set-northern-ireland-season-6-cast-member-returns/

A few days shoot and both Sophie & Maisie left Belfast right after. Both girls are currently in London, with Maisie taking a brief trip to NY to film something for iBoy & a new film she is filming next year. It all wrapped on Saturday and she flew home. Right now, the main focus seems to be on filming the huge battle sequence in Spain. 

Just now, Newstar said:

Leaker agrees that Arya appears in the premiere, but not at Winterfell. 

All information about Jon's story according to the leaker so far has been confirmed. The leaker claims that Jon gets a raven in Episode 5 informing him that Arya and Bran have arrived at Winterfell. Therefore, Arya is not at Winterfell in Episode 1.

That outfit Maisie was wearing looked very Stark-ish and fancy. She must've been at that point in the North and most likely place to obtain it is Winterfell. Although, unless D&D let Arya magically acquire it elsewhere. I think leaker got a lot of things regarding Jon's arc right but this one seems to be off.

15 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

He said there is some. Not much besides Arya and Frey sons at dinner drinking wine where is posion. But most of all Arya is supposed to be in ep 1 as she was seem with Jeremy Podeswa, so as long as there wasn't another director. Leakre got it wrong.

Yes but there is more story involving Edmure as well which was later confirmed. The leaker said Edmure wasn't going to be in s7. We also know Rory (Sandor) was in Belfast in Sept so he might have some Riverlands/BwB stuff as well. 

For me, Jon just receiving a dumb raven while he is flirting with Dany on Dragonstone makes no sense.  Why wouldn't they at least show us the reunion?

Also, I remain uncertain why Dany fans actually like how she is portrayed in the leak.  (And big Dany fans seem to be the only ones who are defending the leaks.)  Girl is portrayed as a quite a power hungry tyrant.  Really?  She sends out a nasty raven gram to all the lords demanding that they bend a knee to her when she hasn't conquered anything. I certainly hope rather than a kneel before Zod gram, it is either Tyrion proposing an alliance or Jon coming to Dragonstone on his own initiative.

7 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Not like it's the fault of their kids, to blame them for their father's mistake or choices.

8 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I think Jon supposedly talks about the need for conciliation and not punishing the kids for their relatives' mistakes, blah blah blah.

Yeah, and Rickon paid for the price inflicted by their relatives. I see nothing wrong in stripping them of their lands. It's better than what Rickon and Osha got. Not to mention that Jon and Sansa were blamed for Robb's mistakes aka. "House Stark is dead", even though the legitimate heiress was right there. 

Let's face it, the North sucks in the show, since they became traitors that sold out the Starks, unlike the books. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

According to medieval/ASOIAF logic it is: a person is seen as a part of his/her family. All Starks were considered traitors after Ned's arrest. In TWOIAF if some members of a family commited a treason, the whole family was punished including children. It is cruel from modern point of view, but in ASOIAF it makes sense. Besides that children could rebel again later to revenge their fathers,

Just now, Ashes Of Westeros said:

According to medieval/ASOIAF logic it is: a person is seen as a part of his/her family. All Starks were considered traitors after Ned's arrest. In TWOIAF if some members of a family commited a treason, the whole family was panished including children. It is cruel from modern point of view, but in ASOIAF it makes sense. Besides that children could rebel again later to revenge their fathers,

I'm not even getting into the Medieval logic of it all, since the show clearly abandoned that at what, season 4?

1 minute ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Yeah, and Rickon paid for the price inflicted by their relatives. I see nothing wrong in stripping them of their lands. It's better than what Rickon and Osha got. Not to mention that Jon and Sansa were blamed for Robb's mistakes aka. "House Stark is dead", even though the legitimate heiress was right there. 

Let's face it, the North sucks in the show, since they became traitors that sold out the Starks, unlike the books. 

Just because Rickon paid the price for something he was not privy to does not mean that Jon should punish other innocent children.  Sansa of all people should be more sympathetic on this point.  She was held hostage and stripped of her home for something that was not her fault.

Archived