Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

26 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

What does that have to do with what is going on in Winterfell? Like I said in the previous thread, a chunk of which you probably missed, the leaker obviously has some information, particularly during the South plots filmed in Spain. But where has he been proven right with the Winterfell stuff? All the stuff about LF and the dagger and the stupid letter from s2. It's laughable. The Riverlands stuff is painful how wrong he has been there. 

This logic. :blink:

He specifically said there wasn't anything happening with Edmure. We later find out he is in s7 afterall. Your blind faith is cute. 

It's like if you keep avoiding the question... 

Arya is filming at Linen Mills (Winterfell set) during a scene where the aformentioned "high stakes scene" involving the Karstarks...etc is going down. Arya is wearing STARK CLOTHES. It is for EP 1

I mean... this is really simple. 

And I give you PICTURES of ARYA in WINTERFELL scenes in an EPISODE where Jon & co. are also present. 

Who will you believe? A leaker who has gotten things right and wrong or your own two eyes?

Look, I've told you before, and if you don't understand, I'm afraid I can't help you.

I'll try one last time, though: your argument that Arya is at Winterfell in Episode 1 rests on the claim that the leaker must be wrong when he says that Jon gets a raven in Episode 5 informing him of Bran and Arya's safe arrival, when the leaker has been proven correct about every claim he's made about the southern storyline so far, including Jon's.

And all the leaks are interlocking: when southern storyline leaks are confirmed, that automatically confirms elements of the northern leaks. (If characters are confirmed in location A, then by extension they can't be in location B.) So it makes no sense to act as if they're completely separate. They're not.

I get that you don't like the leaks as they concern Arya--not surprising given that her storyline as written under the leaks seems like slim pickings for Arya fans--but that has nothing to do with whether or not they're true. Calling them "laughable" all you like won't make them any less true. Ask all the fans who laughed their heads off at the Jon/Dany spoilers when they first came out if they're laughing now.

Ellie Kendrick's presence at the Winterfell exterior set also confirms his spoiler about Meera arriving at Winterfell. That part is confirmed.

Just now, DutchArya said:

The leaker had no clue Mel would actually be in Dragonstone in S7. That's because the actress never showed up in Spain. She is filming all her scene on indoor sets in Belfast. :P 

Will she meet Arya along the way? Who knows, the actress who plays Mel hasn't been spotted filming yet. 

The Nothern plot is a shambles. 

Killing off Rickon and Shaggy was for shock value, even Summer's death.

He had no idea, unless it is elaborate prank like with Shae. Sue seems to be sure Mel is part of those scenes, so I would trust her on this.

Northern plot is screwed up because they had to finish it off last season due to the fact they're ending in seaosn 8. They're rushing things and quality will suffer for it in next season. Simple as that. Dorne got it even worse, that was pure joke or a plot. It doesn't even needed to be in the show. I am not a fan of it in the books besides House Dayne but that was just a nonsense arc for them.

1 minute ago, Newstar said:

Look, I've told you before, and if you don't understand, I'm afraid I can't help you.

I'll try one last time, though: your argument that Arya is at Winterfell in Episode 1 rests on the claim that the leaker must be wrong when he says that Jon gets a raven in Episode 5 informing him of Bran and Arya's safe arrival, when the leaker has been proven correct about every claim he's made about the southern storyline so far, including Jon's.

I get that you don't like the leaks as they concern Arya, but that has nothing to do with whether or not they're true.

No it rests on what my two eyes see (set pictures of Arya in Stark clothes filming Winterfell scenes for ep 1) and not the blind faith you seem very willing to put into a leaker who has also been WRONG. 

These pics came out AFTER his claim about Arya returning in ep4, which goes along with his raven getting to Jon in ep5 shtick. He is clearly proven wrong in THIS area - Like he has been about other things you seem very inclined to ignore and pretend isn't happening. 

Just now, Leticia Stark said:

Tobias Menzies (Edmure) was spotted in Belfast, but we can't really tell if he was there for GoT or Outlander since I believe they film their scenes there as well.

When? You mean that photo of the guy who was waiting for him at the airport with a sign Tobias Menzies?

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Killing off Rickon and Shaggy was for shock value, even Summer's death.

He had no idea, unless it is elaborate prank like with Shae. Sue seems to be sure Mel is part of those scenes, so I would trust her on this.

Northern plot is screwed up because they had to finish it off last season due to the fact they're ending in seaosn 8. They're rushing things and quality will suffer for it in next season. Simple as that. Dorne got it even worse, that was pure joke or a plot. It doesn't even needed to be in the show. I am not a fan of it in the books besides House Dayne but that was just a nonsense arc for them.

Shock value and because they refuse to spend a single penny on CGI for the direwolves.
Pray for Ghost.

8 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

No it rests on what my two eyes see (set pictures of Arya in Stark clothes filming Winterfell scenes for ep 1) and not the blind faith you seem very willing to put into a leaker who has also been WRONG. 

We don't know that she was filming Winterfell scenes for episode 1. Let's be clear.

What we do know is that there were at least two scenes being filmed at that time:

-Bran with NW

-Winterfell powwow

Bran was not part of the Winterfell powwow, even though Isaac was snapped on set in the makeup booth seated right next to Maisie Williams. So why are you assuming that Arya was part of that scene when Bran wasn't?

You are assuming that she is wearing "Stark clothes"--well, no, actually, a lot of Westeros male characters wear similar clothing--and that therefore she must have been filming at Winterfell, since there's no other way she could have gotten her hands on those clothes. Some pretty questionable assumptions there. 

These pics came out AFTER his claim about Arya returning in ep4, which goes along with his raven getting to Jon in ep5 shtick. He is clearly proven wrong in THIS area - Like he has been about other things you seem very inclined to ignore and pretend isn't happening. 

LOL, you act as if I'm the one who came up with this stuff. I assure you I did not. Direct your hostility at the writers, not me. 

You really seem to be struggling with the idea that a leaker who was correct about everything in Jon's storyline was also correct about getting a raven saying that Bran and Arya have arrived safely at Winterfell. That seems very straightforward to me. The set picture of Maisie Williams in costume is not the smoking gun you seem to think it is.

Just want to point out that Podeswa is also directing Episode 7 and therefore Arya's presence at the filming could be for that episode, instead of Episode 1. Director's will film multiple scenes with different characters. 

That is not to say there isn't a possibility for Arya appearing in Episode 1, I'm just saying your should also consider it could have been Episode 7. 

12 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

What makes you so sure her presence on the Winterfell set was for episode 1? They do film episodes out of sequence you know? It only makes sense if they have scenes at WF in episodes 1,3,5 and 6 that they would shoot them all at the same time (more or less).

I really hope Arya isn't in WF in episode 1, this would mean no riverlands, and no re-union with nymeria.

2 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

What makes you so sure here presence on the Winterfell set was for episode 1? They do film episodes out of sequence you know? It only makes sense if they have scenes at WF in episodes 1,3,5 and 6 that they would shoot them all at the same time (more or less).

I really hope Arya isn't in WF in episode 1, this would mean no riverlands, and no re-union with nymeria.

All signs point to Arya not being at Winterfell in Episode 1.

4 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Just want to point out that Podeswa is also directing Episode 7 and therefore Arya's presence at the filming could be for that episode, instead of Episode 1. Director's will film multiple scenes with different characters. 

That is not to say there isn't a possibility for Arya appearing in Episode 1, I'm just saying your should also consider it could have been Episode 7. 

Good point!

8 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Shock value and because they refuse to spend a single penny on CGI for the direwolves.
Pray for Ghost.

Jon is getting a dragon, Ghost is a dead meat. I would be more sad in the books than the show, where Ghost seems to be everyone's favourite apart from Jon. They don't even botter to show him while leaving Castle Black or at least at Jon's coronation of KITN. He's actually called The White Wolf for a reason.

I would say generally speaking that the leaker was very accurate about scenes filming in Spain outdoors, his indoor stuff isn't as good and his story lines for the North and King's Landing are pretty weak. 

We know the Tycho will meet with Cersei and that it appears this meeting will prompt the sacking of Highgarden. Also, we know that Grey Worm and the Unsullied will infiltrate Casterly Rock. And while the leaker mentioned that Tyrion would plan to infiltrate CR there is no mention of who/what/how this takes place. We also never heard about Archmaester Ebrose, who is the books is a great healer who Qyburn aspires to emulate/surpass. If Jim Boradbent plays this role than the leaker missed him all together as he will probably be the one to figure out how to cure Jorah, while Sam does the grunt-work of removing the dead skin.

Additionally, I'm really skeptical of the leakers claim of Gilly figuring out that Rhaegar annulled his marriage. My speculation is that what the leaker described as Sam steeling the keys of a sleeping Maester to enter a restricted section isn't' about greyscale but about magic. Greyscale is not a taboo for the Maester, although, hard to cure they do work at healing it. However, magic is definetely a taboo and something the Maester would most certainly keep hidden and restrict access to. Sam went to the Citadel to find information on how to fight the Others, it would make sense for him to want to look at books discussing magic in order to fight them. So, if he steals those books he would hide them with Gilly (Sam is probably staying at the CItadel while housing Gilly in some Inn). She could then read them and maybe discern something from them given her background and her father's sacrifices to the WW. Just a thought but it seems to me that it's more like that the information Sam gets from the CItadel is about fighting the WW and not so much about Jon. Because for that we have Bran. 

There is still a lot we don't know, the motivations of the characters is a really important one. These kinds of things are fleshed out during filming and are worked through between the directors and actors. Also scenes do get altered throughout filming. 

ETA: Wizard Sam is sneaking into the restricted area where the magic books are kept. HP4evah! 

A lot of you have brought some good points in regarding Arya. Nymeria has to be more important with her wolf pack instead of just a hi and bye scenario. If Arya doesn't run into Mel at some point that's a. If continuity error. I would love an Arya and Hound/Beotherhood reunion. I guess I am afraid that once Arya and Jon reunite it will be cheapen and rushed. This reunion needs to be the most emotional reunion out of the Stark kids (I don't want the only Stark reunion with Jon being Sansa). And with it being in episode one and Jon leaving in episode two I see how that will be rushed. I guess Maisie could've been filming episode 7 we won't r ally know until the show airs. I still think the Leaker is wrong in a lot of areas, however. And remember we don't have context for a lot of these leaked scenes. I will do my best to wait as patiently as possible for more info on the Northern storylines. 

33 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

What makes you so sure her presence on the Winterfell set was for episode 1? They do film episodes out of sequence you know? It only makes sense if they have scenes at WF in episodes 1,3,5 and 6 that they would shoot them all at the same time (more or less).

Two things you haven't haven't even mentioned.

Jeremy Podeswa is directing Ep 1 and was photographed at that set.

Isaac's scenes were for Ep 1 as well. 

We have cast members handing over scripts and we can see Jeremy's name and Ep 1 written on there.

If you WANT to believe Arya is there on her own filming scenes for later on in the season with another director that no one has seen or has any mention of... Good for you.

We had Varys travelling to and from Meereen to Dorne to Meereen in one episode. The issue with time is not even a factor anymore. Arya could be heading North when she runs into Nym. We already had filming reports of a snowy setting in Belfast last year filming with a wolf pack. Maisie was in Belfast at the time.  Arya could meet Nym and make it to Winterfell and reunite with her family. The episode ending with the high-stakes scene involving the Karstarks and Arya all cleaned up and looking like a higborn Stark again. 

20 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

I would say generally speaking that the leaker was very accurate about scenes filming in Spain outdoors, his indoor stuff isn't as good and his story lines for the North and King's Landing are pretty weak. 

We know the Tycho will meet with Cersei and that it appears this meeting will prompt the sacking of Highgarden. Also, we know that Grey Worm and the Unsullied will infiltrate Casterly Rock. And while the leaker mentioned that Tyrion would plan to infiltrate CR there is no mention of who/what/how this takes place. We also never heard about Archmaester Ebrose, who is the books is a great healer who Qyburn aspires to emulate/surpass. If Jim Boradbent plays this role than the leaker missed him all together as he will probably be the one to figure out how to cure Jorah, while Sam does the grunt-work of removing the dead skin.

Additionally, I'm really skeptical of the leakers claim of Gilly figuring out that Rhaegar annulled his marriage. My speculation is that what the leaker described as Sam steeling the keys of a sleeping Maester to enter a restricted section isn't' about greyscale but about magic. Greyscale is not a taboo for the Maester, although, hard to cure they do work at healing it. However, magic is definetely a taboo and something the Maester would most certainly keep hidden and restrict access to. Sam wen to the Citadel to find information on how to fight the Others, it would mage sense for him to want to look at books discussing magic in order to fight them. So, if he stills those books he would hide them with Gilly (Sam is probably staying at the CItadel while housing Gilly in some Inn). She could then read them and maybe discern something from them given her background and her father's sacrifices to the WW. Just a thought but it seems to me that it's more like that the information Sam gets from the CItadel is about fighting the WW and not so much about Jon. Because for that we have Bran. 

There is still a lot we don't know, the motivations of the characters is a really important one. These kinds of things are fleshed out during filming and are worked through between the directors and actors. Also scenes do get altered throughout filming. 

Precisely this. Great post! But apparently to something, the leaker is infallible and must be believed no matter what. 

11 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

We have cast members handing over scripts and we can see Jeremy's name and Ep 1 written on there.

If you WANT to believe Arya is there on her own filming scenes for later on in the season with another director that no one has seen or has any mention of... Good for you.

We had Varys travelling to and from Meereen to Dorne to Meereen in one episode. The issue with time is not even a factor anymore. Arya could be heading North when she runs into Nym. We already had filming reports of a snowy setting in Belfast last year filming with a wolf pack. Maisie was in Belfast at the time.  Arya could meet Nym and make it to Winterfell and reunite with her family. The episode ending with the high-stakes scene involving the Karstarks and Arya all cleaned up and looking like a higborn Stark again. 

edited!

just seen you were quoting the post about filming ep 3, or 5 or 6 and not the post about ep 7

then everything is fine yeah :)

even if we supposed it ws episode 7 for the director it would not explain the other issues you mention that point out it's ep 1

4 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

They can shoot scenes out of order. Podeswa was there and it could've been Ep 1 or 7. Not impossible but inclined to believe it was ep. 1. But there is the thing that it would be short reunion and sort of see ya and off he goes to Dragonstone. Not very respectful to them. They need to be around each other, like Jon and Sansa or they simply do not care for them that much.

44 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

The Riverlands are confirmed since Edmure is confirmed (well, I highly doubt Edmure will appear on another location).

Then maybe the leaks didn't mention other possible plotlines from the RV's: BWB, Melisandre, Sandor..

22 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Additionally, I'm really skeptical of the leakers claim of Gilly figuring out that Rhaegar annulled his marriage. My speculation is that what the leaker described as Sam steeling the keys of a sleeping Maester to enter a restricted section isn't' about greyscale but about magic. Greyscale is not a taboo for the Maester, although, hard to cure they do work at healing it. However, magic is definetely a taboo and something the Maester would most certainly keep hidden and restrict access to. Sam wen to the Citadel to find information on how to fight the Others, it would mage sense for him to want to look at books discussing magic in order to fight them. So, if he steals those books he would hide them with Gilly (Sam is probably staying at the CItadel while housing Gilly in some Inn). She could then read them and maybe discern something from them given her background and her father's sacrifices to the WW. Just a thought but it seems to me that it's more like that the information Sam gets from the CItadel is about fighting the WW and not so much about Jon. Because for that we have Bran. 

ETA: Wizard Sam is sneaking into the restricted area where the magic books are kept. HP4evah! 

It could be all of it. Bran knows from the vision that Jon is legiimiate and that Rhaegar wed Lyanna. But Sam would have solid proof, piece of evidence on it and not just vision he can't show to anyone. That is the point. You have proof for the audience and for the characters. As bad as it sounds, it kinda makes sense.

I think Sam will help Jorah, unintentionally find evidence to Jon's birth and might be how to forge Valyrian steel words. They have ton of dragonlgass, no nee dto figured that out. They know how to fight the Others, just how to get weapons to fight them. How to forge a Valyrian steel swords because they only know how to reforge them and not create.

Essentially, it's about Jorah's greyscale and Jon's birth. Not some magical way of fighting White Walkers, they have dragons for it.

Archived