How Daenerys will die

TyrionTLannister

Dany will attempt to sacrifice her and Jon's child in her womb. Jon will either kill her to prevent this or execute her after the fact for the attempt. Or after being prevented or not being able to bring herself to sacrifice her's and Jon's child Dany will give herself to the flames.

She will then rise as the dragon, joining Drogo and Rhaego in the second life inside of Drogon, prompting Drogon to awaken as a Balerion sized super dragon and end the long night.

1 minute ago, chrisdaw said:

Dany will attempt to sacrifice her and Jon's child in her womb. Jon will either kill her to prevent this or execute her after the fact for the attempt. Or after being prevented or not being able to bring herself to sacrifice her's and Jon's child Dany will give herself to the flames.

She will then rise as the dragon, joining Drogo and Rhaego in the second life inside of Drogon, prompting Drogon to awaken as a Baler ion sized super dragon and end the long night.

is that a fact? No but what if George RR martin came in and told us his theory.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

She will then rise as the dragon, joining Drogo and Rhaego in the second life inside of Drogon, prompting Drogon to awaken as a Balerion sized super dragon and end the long night.

If Dany try to kill her unborn baby in her womb, how come Jon can prevent this by killing her?

If Dany is killed, won't the baby also die in her body?

2 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

If Dany try to kill her unborn baby in her womb, how come Jon can prevent this by killing her?

If Dany is killed, won't the baby also die in her body?

It's going to be a Rhaego type situation, it's all going to go down at about the time of birth. She's going to try to recreate that to wake the dragon from stone. So it may be the baby comes before she can achieve it and so is going to try to sacrifice the newborn, and be stopped, or for emotional reasons back out herself.

11 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

There is a theory that she will die giving birth to Tyrion's daughter. I like this theory.

That's a new one on me, that I like, even if I'm not entirely sold upon. But that's why they're theories. How would you see this happening? You could actually see this as a political match assuming that Tyrion regains some form of influence in Westeros and that Dany comes across the sea in force. A parallel to the York and Lancaster rivalry ending with a marriage. Of course it could just be something as simple as the two of them getting drunk together one night and one thing leading to another. That would be a huge subversion of expectations, which Martin is famous for.

Either way, I am leaning towards Dany dying in childbirth, though there seem to be more feasible candidates for the father.

There are a lot of people in the World who want to kill Daenerys, and she has survived a succession of assassination attempts.  Her luck is bound to run out eventually.  At the same time, she's obviously massively important to the story, and has a great destiny, so she should stay alive until near the end.

I think her death will either be self-sacrificial, fighting the Others, or else she'll die at the hands of an assassin, or be murdered in a palace coup, after having apparently won a complete victory.

But is there evidence that he will breathe ice? 

The red door was so far ahead of her, and she could feel the icy breath behind, sweeping up on her. If it caught her she would die a death that was more than death, howling forever alone in the darkness. She began to run.

“ . . . don’t want to wake the dragon . . . ” 

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo’s copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin. - AGOT Dany 

You wouldn't expect something like this to be stated outright, would you? You have to connect the dots.

Good catch.  This is a strong passage in support of your argument that Dany will somehow succumb to the Others, although I don't necessarily believe it will be at the hands of Drogon.  

Old Nan tells us the Others and their thralls the wights are attracted to the fire of the living the way the slaves are drawn to Dany-- and what is a wight but a thrall, i.e. a servant or slave?!  

Note, the Others are described as hunting in packs like wolves -- 'pale white' shadows big as 'hounds' (like Ghost/s) who like direwolves have a keen sense of smell, which is interesting in light of your suggestion on your other thread that Bran is the 'Great Other' or 'Great Wolf' who stands against the figure wreathed in fire.

The 'ten thousand bloodstained hands' hungrily clutching at Dany are reminiscent of the bloodstained 'hands' of the weirwood trees, whom I suspect of having a relationship to the Others.  Like the Others, the trees demand human sacrifice, hence why their hands are 'bloodstained': 

The scene of disembodied hands reaching, touching, tugging at Dany's body parts and clothes is similar to multiple scenes in which GRRM personifies the trees, as early as the prologue:

Later, Ser Waymar rises as a wight and grabs Will with his bloodstained hands:

In the same chapter, Will's death at the hands of the wight is foreshadowed when he similarly feels the sticky touch of the sentinel against his cheek.  The sticky touch of bloodstained hands is linked to the trees, providing a link between the Others and the trees:

Note that there is a further echo of his death besides the reference to the sticky touch on his cheek.  Critically, the appearance of the Others tends to extinguish the wind and leave people breathless and unable to speak -- compare to Dany in your example losing her breath and 'gasping'.  This makes sense considering that 'words are wind,' so without wind -- i.e. without breath -- there are no words (unless one has a conduit to the supernatural like Bran...notably, Bran speaks to Theon via the heart tree on a 'windless night').  Will's inability to sound the alarm, the words 'freezing in his throat,' echoes his death at the hands of the wight who strangles/suffocates him.

In summary, it's possible that Dany might end up riding into the 'nightlands' with an 'undead Drogon'...making Dany the 'Great Mother' as Bran is the 'Great Brother'!

You bring up a lot of great points. Thanks for the input.

The only thing that gives me pause is why Drogon would ever turn on Dany.  I can't imagine him harming her.  That would be like Ghost killing Jon.

It wouldn't really be drogon, just like wights aren't the people they used to be.

On 18/11/2016 at 4:40 AM, LordImp said:

I think she dies in childbirth , but i think Jon is the father of her child. 

Why in childbirth?

Dany could have a healthy child, could  survive giving  birth as a perfectly healthy woman and then decide to go and save the world, sacrificing herself. Being a young mother would not have to stop her from being brave and creative. Nor would being a young father stop Jon. The result though might be the same in the end: there will be a child with one or both  parents dead and Tyrion takes the responsibility for his double nephew. Or for the baby of two people he cared for.

There has always been the possibility in Tyrion's story to do better than his father Tywin did: will he poison the wells? No, he won't.

Dany could have a healthy child, could  survive giving  birth as a perfectly healthy woman and then decide to go and save the world, sacrificing herself. Being a young mother would not have to stop her from being brave and creative. Nor would being a young father stop Jon. The result though might be the same in the end: there will be a child with one or both  parents dead and Tyrion takes the responsibility for his double nephew. Or for the baby of two people he cared for.

All the evidence points to Jon surviving the long night and becoming the king of Westeros in the end.

17 hours ago, HouseFossoway said:

Daenerys is clearly going war crazy by the end of ADWD and will end up being the main antagonist of the series. She'll probably be killed either by Jorah who has seen what a monster she has become, or by herself when she realizes what a monster she has become.

YES.

I think she will die like her father, unceremoniously stabbed to death (in the throne room maybe?) by someone she trusts, probably Jorah. She's going mad, and at some point she is going to snap. I personally believe she will snap when she realizes the smallfolk don't want her like they did in Slaver's Bay. It's unlikely, but I'd love for Tyrion to do it so all 3 Lannister kids commit regicide (Cersei essentially killed Robert). I just think her dying in childbirth like a commoner would be a pretty weak end for her, regardless of who the dad is. (Tyrion seems super ridiculous though). 

1 hour ago, Lord Vance II said:

YES.

I think she will die like her father, unceremoniously stabbed to death (in the throne room maybe?) by someone she trusts, probably Jorah. She's going mad, and at some point she is going to snap. I personally believe she will snap when she realizes the smallfolk don't want her like they did in Slaver's Bay. It's unlikely, but I'd love for Tyrion to do it so all 3 Lannister kids commit regicide (Cersei essentially killed Robert). I just think her dying in childbirth like a commoner would be a pretty weak end for her, regardless of who the dad is. (Tyrion seems super ridiculous though). 

I don't think she is going mad.  But there are plenty of people in Essos who hate her, and if she successfully invaded Westeros, there would probably be plenty of people there who would hate her as well.  After all, there were plenty of people who hated Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys for the suffering that accompanied the conquest of Westeros and the War for Dorne, and who would happily have killed them.  So, there would be a fair chance of her falling victim to assassination.

Her dying in childbirth would be pretty boring, IMHO.

4 hours ago, Woman of War said:

Why in childbirth?

There has always been the possibility in Tyrion's story to do better than his father Tywin did: will he poison the wells? No, he won't. And he  will emotionally care for a child left alone, be it an orphan from his friend or the product or rape if it's Sansa's child from Ramsay.

I'm not sure if there is enough time for Dany to get pregnant , gives birth , go save the world and then die. Makes more sense that she dies in childbirth IMO. 

And why do you think Sansa will give birth to Ramsays child? Sansas marriage to Ramsay only happens on the show . 

3 minutes ago, LordImp said:

I'm not sure if there is enough time for Dany to get pregnant , gives birth , go save the world and then die. Makes more sense that she dies in childbirth IMO. 

And why do you think Sansa will give birth to Ramsays child? Sansas marriage to Ramsay only happens on the show . 

Sorry, my mistake, wrong thread. Sometimes I still look into book threads though not very much new can be discussed by now. I did not pay attention. You are right of course. Delete whoever wants to.

But I think something similar, though maybe not as brutal, some guy who makes use of her, will happen in the books as well. 

Archived