Acrophilia 15 (Back to the Vintage Version) - AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

9 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Interesting answers to a few. I knew I was forgetting a centaur reference but couldn't remember the website people use for searching actual text.

Typically, I exclude characters we didn't see in actual text (not alive as of the story) ... so that hurt.

A Search of Ice and Fire

ROUND 2 AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. Ran away? Snatched? (Fiancé is storming.) Northern siren. Dolorous Gabe

2. Necrosis concreting extension - indubitably luckless. Castellan

3. Nearsighted, crippled, eventual identity, "lefty". Raisin' Bran

4. Robust anointer. Ser “Fleeing Impossible”. Safeguard, not scrutinize. Julia H.

5. Necessarily covert. Ephemeral identities. Lefty. SWMBO

6. Recalcitrant and stubborn female is soldierly, not sultry. Lady Blizzardborn

7. Rebellion aroused - subjects found ignition sickening. Notoriously slain. Fragile Bird

8. "Recruited." Assassin. Seriously faces issues speaking noteworthy saying. rocksniffer

9. "Really, avoid stories. Force? I show nuanced subtlety." Ser Not Appearing

10. Noble centaur enjoys illicit liaisons. Julia H.

11. Recent Advisor stays, fighting injustice (slavery). Ninepenny slayer. lil’ ghost

NAME/

SCORE

Guessing points (3/clue) 

Theme (max. 4)

Bonus points

Author points

Favourite clue

SPENT (Minus)

TOTAL

Gabe

-

-

-

Castellan

Raisin Bran

-

SWMBO

-

Lady B.

-

Fragile Bird

-

-

rocksniffer

-

Ser Not Appearing

-

-

-

lil’ ghost

-

-

-

The bold print means the players have cast their votes for favourite clues thus they can receive points for the votes they have got.

STANDINGS

1. SWMBO                    37+41=78

2. Castellan                   28+45=73

3. Fragile Bird                33+39=72

4. rocksniffer                  32+34=66

5. Raisin' Bran                29+34=63

6-7.  Lady Blizzardborn    30+30=60

Ser Not Appearing        36+24=60

8. Dolorous Gabe            29+24=53

9. lil' ghost                      20

The round was won by Castellan, the first player to submit a perfect set of answers, well ahead of everyone else, while spending only one point on questions and jumping to second place in the overall race. The runner-up in this round is She Who Must Be Obeyed, who has managed to keep her first place in the game. Fragile Bird is still flying close behind them, after submitting a perfect set of preliminary guesses, without asking a single question even! The chasing pack includes all the other players who have had time to research the clues and the theme. Dolorous Gabe and lil' ghost had to dedicate their time and energy to real life issues and so they couldn't focus on the game this round, while Destiel's Child is too busy to continue participating. Gabe nevertheless has won the favourite clue contest this round.

To be continued...

ROUND 3 CLUES

1. “Wer imagines naked young amazon.” Motley-burner!

2. Wounded. Infamous nickname. Yesterday's absconder, 'morrow's burier?

3. Walker invalidator. Needs yon academic mentor's backing.

4. Wretched in nuptials. Yonder, a malefactor banished.

5. Winter's Inglourious niño. Yearning always...mother...birthright.

6. Crown's dalliance, orphan collector.

7. Counter detained overturning chalice.

8. Commander's disguise - often common.

9. Westy is notorious. (Youthful assassin!) Missing - brotherhood?

10. Conqueror(?) dreams of corpses.

Theme???

There is one character this round that is significantly more obscure than the others. Be careful with that clue and be suspicious if you think you know the answer but one word doesn't seem to fit the character you are thinking of...

Deadline: Since you may want to take a few days off these games due to celebrations and family events, the deadline will be a bit longer this time. Nevertheless, if you are ready with your answers sooner and you agree to move on, we will. Or, if you want an extension, I will understand. But for now, it is:

10 a.m. (Central European Time) on Saturday 31st December. 

Good luck!

I have sent out the characters for Round 4 to give you all enough time to make the clues.

Your acronyms:

O N D H U M D E

W K I P I

The deadline for the new clue:

8 p.m. (Central European Time) on Friday, December 30th.

SwmbO and i were in the most rural and out of touch area in NC so we missed the vote but i gotta say my fav was Ser's...it was a sweet way to say, "keep yo name outta da streets" and it worked for me...

ok trying to focus but between holidays and this new arms race about to take off, i am slightly distracted

:smoking:

General information for everyone who may be working on the clues:

The bold letters in Clue #1 mark the subject of the clue, to make it clear that it's neither the amazon, nor the speaker of the "quote" . 

If you copy-paste the clues, make sure you keep the formatting, because it may be important. ^_^

It seems celebrations and Acrophilia aren't always compatible ^_^ because I haven't even heard from some of you. Also, an extension has been requested. Therefore (supposing that New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are Acrophilia-wise practically non-existent) the new deadline is ...

7 p.m. (Central European Time) on Tuesday, January 3rd.

P.S. Please, remember to make the new clue as well.

Archived