Possible Crackpot! One Stark sister will die in season 7!

MaybeINeverSawACamel

Hold on to your tinfoil kids. Ok, I was reading some (old) celeb news and learned that Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams got matching tattoos to commemorate meeting each other. I believe they got them this summer, after reading scripts for season seven. Why did the they get them now? There are two possibilities, the plausible one, which is they owe a lot to this show and wanted to celebrate their friendship, and the other, which is now my head cannon, which is one will not be back next year, hence the need to run out and do this. 

Maisie also said something along the lines that she needed to go back and re read everything. I don't really believe anything her or any other actors say because I would mess with the fans heads if I was in the same position. But what if getting the tattoos accidentally let us know one won't be back?

Sansa is the one in my opinion to go because it LF dies, her storyline is done.

There would be much more that the Lady of Winterfell could do after LF demise, just like in the excerpts of the books. The battle of Blackwater episode comes to mind, Alayne excerpts especially if they show Petyr hoarding the food supplies.

People need food, hope, protection etc., Jon, Bran, Arya and others will be battling, someone needs to help the small folk; all the remaining Starks will be needed for the battle, I think, hope they survive and each will be changed because of it.

I expect Sansa to die this year. She is the biggest threat to LF as she knows WAY TOO MUCH. If LF feels that she and he are a lost cause, then she is a loose end that he cannot leave untied.  I expect both to die this year anyway. Bran knows about everything and he needs to come back and take His House, Winterfell and set some things straight.

While Sansa may be the more obvious choice because of the original outline, I believe if a Stark sister dies this season it will be Arya.   

But I mean 'dying' in a Beric Dondarrion/Jon Snow kind of way, getting resurrected a few episodes later.

SPOILER/SPECULATION 

Sophie T. got a haircut and changed it from red to blonde for an upcoming movie and will be wearing a wig for Season 7. From what I heard, if you are a employed cast member on the show, you are not allowed to change your look drastically. With her hair changing, I feel this may be her last season as well. Baelish and Sansa have been connected to each other since season one. He Baelish dies, I see no point to her being there. I love Sansa, but if I'm honest, she is nothing without him. She is not going to fight the WW. She is not Jon's Queen. The Northerners barely acknowledge her existence. Arya is the Stark sister that can stand on her own, not Sansa. The show is obviously clearing the board for the characters that will be involved for the War for the Dawn. Her killing Baelish may be the undoing of herself. I would rather them be a team, leave Winterfell behind, let Jon and Daenerys fight the WW, and have Sansa and Baelish go to battle with Cersei for the Iron Throne.      

11 hours ago, moonlightof1982 said:

SPOILER/SPECULATION 

Sophie T. got a haircut and changed it from red to blonde for an upcoming movie and will be wearing a wig for Season 7. From what I heard, if you are a employed cast member on the show, you are not allowed to change your look drastically. With her hair changing, I feel this may be her last season as well. Baelish and Sansa have been connected to each other since season one. He Baelish dies, I see no point to her being there. I love Sansa, but if I'm honest, she is nothing without him. She is not going to fight the WW. She is not Jon's Queen. The Northerners barely acknowledge her existence. Arya is the Stark sister that can stand on her own, not Sansa. The show is obviously clearing the board for the characters that will be involved for the War for the Dawn. Her killing Baelish may be the undoing of herself. I would rather them be a team, leave Winterfell behind, let Jon and Daenerys fight the WW, and have Sansa and Baelish go to battle with Cersei for the Iron Throne.      

I think it was WotW where I read it, but Sophie has had the wig option for a while. It won't be the first time she's had to wear one. She just liked having red hair. However, it was leading her to be typecast and limiting her parts.

I think that she will be involved with fighting for the IT in season 8. Possibly her and Tyrion. There are a lot of characters who will be unsuited to fighting the whitewalkers. They can't kill them all off.

There is also part of me that thinks that Arya might be more suited to fighting against Cersei as opposed to the whitewalkers. I'm sure her ability to change faces has more of a purpose than to kill Walder Frey. Those skills won't be of much use against the whitewalkers.

I think that between the Stark siters, Tyrion and Varys, they arrange for an assassin to take out Cersei in season 8. The assassin being Arya. They know that even if Dany and dragons survive, she cannot torch Kings Landing. I doubt they'd want to sack Kings Landing. If they can take out Cersei, then the road is clear with minimal bloodshed.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:25 AM, moonlightof1982 said:

SPOILER/SPECULATION 

Not true. If that were the case, then Cersei and Dany would have been killed off long ago because the actresses do wear wigs. And Carice has worn a wig as Melisandre since day one. Natalie wore one throughout her time as Margery. Sansa is an endgame character (as she seems based on Elizabeth I)--I'm pretty sure of it. She's not going anywhere. And Jon leaving her in charge of Winterfell should give her more practice and training in what will probably be her destination--to rule (Jon/Dany will probably be dead at the end) with Tyrion most likely at her side (as Hand I'm guessing). I'm also speculating she'll have a council at her side that will be the beginnings of a Parliament. 

I really don't understand the antipathy toward her. Is it a herd mentality thing because she doesn't seem to be popular or in vogue with the onliners like the cool kids (ala Arya)? She's a great character--but flawed like many of us. I like her because I find her real in all her insecurities and the fact she's been badly abused by men (an experience I share). And like her, I also had my romantic ideas that went awry thanks to life. Sansa is a survivor--even Tyrion noted that early on. "You may outlive us all yet." 

44 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

Kind of makes you wonder what Littlefinger's response will be when Tyrion -- Sansa's lawful husband under the Seven -- shows up in King's Landing with Danaerys and her three dragons.

They've already indicated that in the show they aren't married anymore.

Because of the original outline of the story, the idea of Sansa dying sooner than the end of the series has become at least plausible to me. But then the question becomes how does that even make sense within the context of everything that we know about next season? I allow that Benioff and Weiss could have kept something like this, because of its shocking nature, segregated from all the material that has already leaked, but that still does little to make her death make sense. Who in Winterfell would even have the motivation and means to kill her? 

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Kind of makes you wonder what Littlefinger's response will be when Tyrion -- Sansa's lawful husband under the Seven -- shows up in King's Landing with Danaerys and her three dragons.

Ramsay was her lawful husband, as they consumed their marriage, unlike Tyrion and Sansa. At least that was explanation of LF to Roose. Maybe LF bribed someone to annul it. But show is making mess of it.

1 hour ago, Faint said:

Because of the original outline of the story, the idea of Sansa dying sooner than the end of the series has become at least plausible to me. But then the question becomes how does that even make sense within the context of everything that we know about next season? I allow that Benioff and Weiss could have kept something like this, because of its shocking nature, segregated from all the material that has already leaked, but that still does little to make her death make sense. Who in Winterfell would even have the motivation and means to kill her? 

How about no one? She's not dying. I'm almost 90 percent sure that the character who seems obviously based on Elizabeth I (like duh) will become the Queen at the end. Not Jon/Dany or any other Stark. It'll be Sansa. 

I don't think actors getting tattoos together means that either Stark sister dies. That's reading a lot into a shared tattoo.

I think both sisters make it through Season 7. 

I do not think Sansa has a parallel historical figure and that is what is mapped out for her. If that was the case, then GRRM should've dumped the dragons, direwolves, ravens and magic and just wrote an historical novel. He didn't. There isn't some formula that means the reader applies some presumed historical counterpart and that's how this fictional fantasy character ends up. That's not even giving the author his due, his own story to tell as he sees fit.

Dany is the "more beautiful" queen, imo. Sansa has not yet, books or show, been shown to be getting an education in how to rule. She isn't very accomplished at politics either, as some would suggest. Those characters are Dany and Jon though. They are the ones who've had their own little "starter kingdoms."

But I don't think Sansa is unimportant. The show has certainly muddied the waters on her though, especially with their "bold departure." What does she want? In the show, revenge. But that's not Sansa of the novels. In them, she wants to be loved for herself. Only one character has been built up through four novels as that character - Sandor Clegane.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:14 PM, Karmarni said:

I don't think actors getting tattoos together means that either Stark sister dies. That's reading a lot into a shared tattoo.

I think both sisters make it through Season 7. 

I do not think Sansa has a parallel historical figure and that is what is mapped out for her. If that was the case, then GRRM should've dumped the dragons, direwolves, ravens and magic and just wrote an historical novel. He didn't. There isn't some formula that means the reader applies some presumed historical counterpart and that's how this fictional fantasy character ends up. That's not even giving the author his due, his own story to tell as he sees fit.

Dany is the "more beautiful" queen, imo. Sansa has not yet, books or show, been shown to be getting an education in how to rule. She isn't very accomplished at politics either, as some would suggest. Those characters are Dany and Jon though. They are the ones who've had their own little "starter kingdoms."

But I don't think Sansa is unimportant. The show has certainly muddied the waters on her though, especially with their "bold departure." What does she want? In the show, revenge. But that's not Sansa of the novels. In them, she wants to be loved for herself. Only one character has been built up through four novels as that character - Sandor Clegane.

Yeah, all of this.

And if we want a historical reference, War of the Roses, founder of the Tudor dynasty was a highborn woman and her servant in a love match.

Archived