The Last Kingdom II - NO MERCY [SPOlLERS Season I & II]

Veltigar

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Didn't the US get this before the UK last season?

On BBC America  (no idea if it aired first though). Now with being on Netflix it's hard to say if it'll be a co-release with the UK or staggered. Given that Netflix is producing/co-producing I would assume it would release at the same time. 

13 hours ago, Veltigar said:

If I remember correctly, the third book (or was it the second, I'm a bit hazy on the details) was the weakest in the series, so I hope they find something to pair it with so that it's better than the books :) 

Huh?

I would say it's the best one. Just to be sure we're talking about the same one:

Spoiler

It's the one with Uthred and Young Ragnar avenging their family!
The whole situation in Northumbria was hilarious and incredibly entertaining. Compared to the other very repetitive books, it was outstanding.

13 hours ago, Veltigar said:

If I remember correctly, the third book (or was it the second, I'm a bit hazy on the details) was the weakest in the series, so I hope they find something to pair it with so that it's better than the books :) 

Honestly, I think the book series is pretty much all downhill after Pale Horseman.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Huh?

I would say it's the best one. Just to be sure we're talking about the same one:

Reveal hidden contents

It's the one with Uthred and Young Ragnar avenging their family!
The whole situation in Northumbria was hilarious and incredibly entertaining. Compared to the other very repetitive books, it was outstanding.

Yeah even if you didn't like it there's still loads of material in it. 

Personally all the books kinda molded into one super book when I read them as there wasn't much difference in quality between them. I enjoyed all of them tbh. Still have to read Flame Bearer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Through the magic of google search,i bring glad tidings of the season 2 premiere date :D:

The Last Kingdom. Season 2 Coming 18 March

4 new pics from s2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/The-Last-Kingdom-S2-Iconic.jpg

The March 18 date is from Netflix Australia.Netflix Canada date is listed as March 16

The show is missing from Netflix's various US lists for March,so i'm guessing American viewers will have to wait.

8 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Through the magic of google search,i bring glad tidings of the season 2 premiere date :D:

4 new pics from s2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/The-Last-Kingdom-S2-Iconic.jpg

The March 18 date is from Netflix Australia.Netflix Canada date is listed as March 16

The show is missing from Netflix's various US lists for March,so i'm guessing American viewers will have to wait.

The price USAians pay for BBC quality, maybe?

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

In your face, generalzod.

In.
Your.
Face.

Hirst probably threw his cat at the TV when he saw that. :P

What's in my face? 

The non existent ratings of TLK on BBC America?  Or the fact that Vikings is a top 10 series in cable, 8th most pirated in the world?

That trailer looks like outtakes from season 3's TO THE GATES and Ragnar and Ivar at sea.

Can't wait for the San Diego Comic Con Vikings trailer for season 5, playing in front of a packed auditorium of thousands of fans, with a Giant display of some kind on the convention floor. 

Im sure TLK will have a popsicle stand somewhere on the Con floor hocking key chains or something.

One series has Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Katheryn Winnick, Alex Høgh, Gustaf Skarsgard... and the other has a block of wood. 

One series is culturally relevant in the world and one is not.  Sad!

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Oh, yeah. Seriously digging Uhtred's new look.

I'm excited for this but I have to say I'm not loving Uhtred's look. Wasn't a fan of it last season either (pretty sure I see similar 'costumes' on a slightly quirky night out, ymmv) but in the grand scheme of things I can overlook it as a minor gripe. 

Trailer looks awesome though

You may not believe this (or even want me on this thread, but my name WAS thrown out there)... I will keep an open mind about TLK season 2.  I do think the weird looking Alfred the Great actor David Dawson can act, and I am open to the show holding my interest even though the battle scenes (thus far) can't hold a candle to Vikings.  I thought the pilot was promising, then lost me in a sea of bloodless boredom and derivative moments. 

But Butchard is capable of some juicy writing, his House of Saddam was quite good, and shows in general CAN improve...back in the day the first two seasons of TNG were godawful, and then it found its groove .

If instagram is to be believed, season 5 of Vikings is literally covering the same rough time period as seasons 1-2 of TLK, so the already inevitable comparisons will become even more inevitable.

I'm afraid TLK has likely brought a pocketknife to a gunfight.  

13 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Looks fun - for a moment there I thought Rhys Meyers was also in this one. That would be awkward.

8 hours ago, generalzod said:

If instagram is to be believed, season 5 of Vikings is literally covering the same rough time period as seasons 1-2 of TLK, so the already inevitable comparisons will become even more inevitable.

I'm afraid TLK has likely brought a pocketknife to a gunfight.  

I think I'd rather have a pocketknife that's on target than a nuke that isn't. If both shows are covering the same period in the their new seasons then I might come back to Vikings in order to see the parody version - and there's a lot of TLK that's tongue-in-cheek to start off with!

So "this spring" could be anywhere from tomorrow to May with the BBC. Maybe the US has a firmer date. The BBC is probably waiting to throw dice that correspond with a star chart before confirming anything

Archived