Jon Connington and Tyrion

Jaemi Greysnow

I'm just rereading ADWD and am reminded of how weird Jon Connington's reaction to Tyrion's kidnapping is. My point being; why is he so sure he "escaped"?! It's not like Tyrion was their prisoner, he was with them ostensibly by choice, was certainly relatively invested in the mission, so what his frakkin' problem...? Thoughts?

He didn’t seem to be very pleased that Tyrion had joined the party. Didn’t trust him, didn’t mind that Tyion is an accused King slayer or kinslayer. It’s not a long leap to assume that Tyrion hoodwinked the Halfmaester so he could escape.

Joncon had told Tyrion early on that, “I will take you as far as Volantis. If you show yourself to be obedient and useful, you may remain with us, to serve the queen as best you can. Prove yourself more trouble than you are worth, and you can go your own way."

JonCon thinks to himself, “If the gods were good, Lannister's severed head was halfway back to King's Landing by now, but more like the dwarf was hale and whole and somewhere close, stinking drunk and plotting some new infamy.”

JonCon had Tyrion write down what he knew about dragons. Aegon would have access to that information now.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:48 PM, Jaemi Greysnow said:

I'm just rereading ADWD and am reminded of how weird Jon Connington's reaction to Tyrion's kidnapping is. My point being; why is he so sure he "escaped"?! It's not like Tyrion was their prisoner, he was with them ostensibly by choice, was certainly relatively invested in the mission, so what his frakkin' problem...? Thoughts?

Tyrion knows their plan by now. JonCon may even think that he may attempt to betray them.

• 1 month later...

JonCon knows that Tyrion knows about Aegon and knows that JonCon is still alive and well.  JonCon isn't ready to reveal Aegon yet so it's a risk if Tyrion is running around drunk and talking. Plus he doesn't trust Tyrion to begin with. 

Archived