Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jadakiss

Hooded Man of WF is 10000% Theon

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Sure there is, only it's called ravens! :lol:

I am not making any particular claims one way or another, but according to the most accurate timeline. All in the year 300:

5/3- Brienne knows the BwB are at the orphanage and looking for Arya.

5/5- Theon and Jeyne (and others) plan to march from Barrowtown to Winterfell.

5/8- The group actually sets out and goes to Winterfell.

5/17- Brienne meets LSH.

5/25- fArya wedding to Mr. Sensitive.

7/14-7/17- The Ghost in Winterfell chapter with the hooded man.

*I think the actual HM incident happens on 7/15. Please verify in the timeline linked below.

7/18- Theon and Jeyne jump.

7/22- Theon 1 TWOW chapter

8/2- Jon receives the pink letter:devil:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsY3lcDDtTdBWp1Gx6mfkdtZT6-Gk0kdTGeSC_Dj7WM/edit#gid=8

 

beat me to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Sure there is, only it's called ravens! :lol:

I am not making any particular claims one way or another, but according to the most accurate timeline. All in the year 300:

5/3- Brienne knows the BwB are at the orphanage and looking for Arya.

5/5- Theon and Jeyne (and others) plan to march from Barrowtown to Winterfell.

5/8- The group actually sets out and goes to Winterfell.

5/17- Brienne meets LSH.

5/25- fArya wedding to Mr. Sensitive.

7/14-7/17- The Ghost in Winterfell chapter with the hooded man.

*I think the actual HM incident happens on 7/15. Please verify in the timeline linked below.

7/18- Theon and Jeyne jump.

7/22- Theon 1 TWOW chapter

8/2- Jon receives the pink letter:devil:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsY3lcDDtTdBWp1Gx6mfkdtZT6-Gk0kdTGeSC_Dj7WM/edit#gid=8

Sure, but ravens don't arrive overnight. They get dispatched from one castle to another, then word spreads from there. 

Also, I don't know how accurate that timeline is, or could even hope to be, but it's pretty cool that people are trying to put everything in order and figure an exact timeline for the events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Sure, but ravens don't arrive overnight. They get dispatched from one castle to another, then word spreads from there. 

Also, I don't know how accurate that timeline is, or could even hope to be, but it's pretty cool that people are trying to put everything in order and figure an exact timeline for the events.

The raven thing was just a bird/twitter/quork joke. 

I know the timeline is scrutinized rather closely and always updated when or if more accurate info is presented. But I agree that there could be an off time somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The raven thing was just a bird/twitter/quork joke. 

I know the timeline is scrutinized rather closely and always updated when or if more accurate info is presented. But I agree that there could be an off time somewhere. 

Haha, yea I got the joke, but it's also a somewhat accurate analogy. I honestly don't know how accurate any timeline could be, seeing as how we don't even know how many days/months are in a Westerosi calendar year (or do we? Is that ever mentioned in the books?). But it does help to at least somewhat align what significant events were happening around the same time in different places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Haha, yea I got the joke, but it's also a somewhat accurate analogy. I honestly don't know how accurate any timeline could be, seeing as how we don't even know how many days/months are in a Westerosi calendar year (or do we? Is that ever mentioned in the books?). But it does help to at least somewhat align what significant events were happening around the same time in different places.

IIRC, there is an SSM indicating there are 30 days per month and 12 months per year, right @Rhaenys_Targaryen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2016 at 7:35 AM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Seeing as how the spear wives took credit for all but big walder, what murders are you referring to?

She's referring to how certain people were suddenly up and disappearing during the time at Winterfell, such as when one ends up with his d**k in his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, Jadakiss said:

This is the answer I lean the most to. I think he did at least one murder tho. But that is all what I pretty much think.

It does make sense he did at least one murder tho. Cause even though dustin and roose check out his hand/fingers and determine he couldnt have done it. There is a scene in the same chapter that has Theon is specific using a dagger to eat his breakfeast, which shows he can wield it, same type of dagger the hm points to

Breakfast doesn't wear heavy winter clothes, and doesn't fight back or scream for help if you fail to kill it on the first try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lady bonehead said:

Breakfast doesn't wear heavy winter clothes, and doesn't fight back or scream for help if you fail to kill it on the first try

 

You are missing the point. Should go back and read the description of what he was doing to said breakfeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The raven thing was just a bird/twitter/quork joke. 

I know the timeline is scrutinized rather closely and always updated when or if more accurate info is presented. But I agree that there could be an off time somewhere. 

 

46 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Haha, yea I got the joke, but it's also a somewhat accurate analogy. I honestly don't know how accurate any timeline could be, seeing as how we don't even know how many days/months are in a Westerosi calendar year (or do we? Is that ever mentioned in the books?). But it does help to at least somewhat align what significant events were happening around the same time in different places.

I think the blurry timeline serves two purposes: first, it keeps a lot of mysteries mysterious, and second, it frees Martin from having to painstakingly sort it all out down to the minutiae. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

 

I think the blurry timeline serves two purposes: first, it keeps a lot of mysteries mysterious, and second, it frees Martin from having to painstakingly sort it all out down to the minutiae. 

Oh yeah. Kinda like with DNA as well. George is telling a story first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Oh yeah. Kinda like with DNA as well. George is telling a story first. 

This

And all someone needs to do is look at the time line of roberts rebellion and in game of thrones. Its a mess. armies are racing all over the map. His job at first was to tell the story he wanted to tell. He never thought it would get this popular where people analyze it like its a college course. Thats why there are more errors/semi plot holes in his earlier works

Back to GOT he wrote that intending a 3 story novel as well. All the previous time lines before its start are insane and almost impossible to get down directly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

IIRC, there is an SSM indicating there are 30 days per month and 12 months per year, right @Rhaenys_Targaryen?

Yes, that Westeros has twelve months a year we know from an SSM

[What is the cycle of a year? Why do they count years when seasons are strange?]

Twelve moon tuns to a year, as on earth. Even on our earth, years have nothing to do with the seasons, or with the cycles of the moon. A year is a measure of a solar cycle, of how long it takes the earth to make one complete revolution around the sun. The same is true for the world of Westeros. Seasons do not come into it.

And from AFFC, we know that a month ("a moon") contains 30 days

"All men must serve." And so she did, three days of every thirty. When the moon was black she was no one, a servant of the Many-Faced God in a robe of black and white.

(A Feast for Crows, Cat of the Canals)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

IIRC, there is an SSM indicating there are 30 days per month and 12 months per year, right @Rhaenys_Targaryen?

That makes sense, I just didn't know if it was ever explicitly stated. Given that the seasons are completely different (i.e. seven year long Summers) I thought that might affect the calendar year as well.Though I suppose if the trip around the sun takes the same time, seasons don't really matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

 

I think the blurry timeline serves two purposes: first, it keeps a lot of mysteries mysterious, and second, it frees Martin from having to painstakingly sort it all out down to the minutiae. 

Good point, the story is intricate enough without having to line up times and dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

That makes sense, I just didn't know if it was ever explicitly stated. Given that the seasons are completely different (i.e. seven year long Summers) I thought that might affect the calendar year as well.Though I suppose if the trip around the sun takes the same time, seasons don't really matter.

You can't look at ASOIAF seasons from a scientific angle since in the real world, seasons are defined by Earth's movements about the sun, which are so far inexplicably different than what we see in our story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

You can't look at ASOIAF seasons from a scientific angle since in the real world, seasons are defined by Earth's movements about the sun, which are so far inexplicably different than what we see in our story. 

Sure, but the seasons have more to do with Earth's tilt than its distance from the sun. Perhaps Westeros' weird seasons are caused by some weird wobble the earth has? Like you said, it's tough to look at scientifically because the seasons don't really make sense based on the real earth's system.

Though the internet now tells me the earth is flat anyway, so who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Sure, but the seasons have more to do with Earth's tilt than its distance from the sun. Perhaps Westeros' weird seasons are caused by some weird wobble the earth has? Like you said, it's tough to look at scientifically because the seasons don't really make sense based on the real earth's system.

Though the internet now tells me the earth is flat anyway, so who knows...

That's why I said "movements." You might dig this. Or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×