Let's decorate a tree! A holiday-themed game

Buckwheat

Despite my well-known usual Grinchness, I welcome you all to a Christmas/New-Year-themed forum game right here.

The aim of the game is to decorate a tree with your fellow Forum Games residents for all to enjoy and admire and put presents under.

It is very simple. This is what you have to do.

1. This is the template for our tree. I downloaded it from here.

2. The first person to play downloads the template from the imgur link I posted unter 1. Every next person downloads the picture the player before them posted.

3. You open the picture in Paint or any similar picture editing program. You draw decorations on it: you can add colour, an ornament, background, presents ... whatever you like and whatever you think suits our tree. A few rules to what is allowed and not allowed to do with the picture:

a) Do not change the size of the picture.

b ) Do not add explicitly sexual or violent material. I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff. Yes, this goes for you too, Rocksniffer.

c) Try not to cover the whole tree with decorations in the first few steps, some space must be left for the next players too.

d) Do not cover/delete other people's contributions.

e) Pasting parts of other pictures/photos into this picture is allowed, as long as you are not breaking copyright rules etc.

f) Using imagination is welcome. :)

4. You save the new picture (in the jpg-format) and upload it to imgur.com. Post a link into this thread.

5. The next person repeats the process adding decorations to your picture etc. It is possible to play as many times as you want.

Have fun and make a very nice tree! Happy pre-Christmas/New-Year weeks, all. :)

"I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff."

- how old children are we talking about here? 

Wow one hour isn't a lot. And what happens when I ran out of this one hour but nobody else says they want to post? Can I still add my ornament say 6 hours later as long as nobody else says they want to post or would I have to state my willingness to add an ornament again? 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

"I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff."

- how old children are we talking about here?

No idea. Just don't draw penises and stuff, you will be fine.

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow one hour isn't a lot.

One hour really isn't a lot, I can change it to 90 minutes. But it should really be enough to draw a star and an ornament.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

And what happens when I ran out of this one hour but nobody else says they want to post? Can I still add my ornament say 6 hours later as long as nobody else says they want to post or would I have to state my willingness to add an ornament again? 

Yes, you can. I just do not want other people to keep waiting for you to post/post before you do and your contribution getting lost, that is why I limited time at all. It is preferable to keep us updated that you still want to add something, but if it turns out this will be a slow game only like 2 people want to play, then you can post at any time you want.

I do not want to make it too strict or complicated with the rules, this should be a relaxed game, so just go with the flow. ;)

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No idea. Just don't draw penises and stuff, you will be fine.

One hour really isn't a lot, I can change it to 90 minutes. But it should really be enough to draw a star and an ornament.

Yes, you can. I just do not want other people to keep waiting for you to post/post before you do and your contribution getting lost, that is why I limited time at all. It is preferable to keep us updated that you still want to add something, but if it turns out this will be a slow game only like 2 people want to play, then you can post at any time you want.

I do not want to make it too strict or complicated with the rules, this should be a relaxed game, so just go with the flow. ;)

Got it. Thanks for the clarification! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I see nobody is much into decoratinb trees ... ?

Then let me start by putting some shiny chains on it.

I am also editing the rules a bit, maybe people were scared away by the rules being too complicated? Anyway, all you have to do now is take the picture here and add more decorations and show it to us!

On 20. 12. 2016 at 4:35 AM, rocksniffer said:

ok no penises...or anything else questionable...however who knows what is in the mystery box

I wonder ... :idea:Is the box for me?

On 20. 12. 2016 at 11:29 AM, Castellan said:

are we supposed to be able to save and add to that imgur picture and if so how?

As RB said, you are supposed to download it and save it on your computer/tablet/whatever device you are using before editing it and uploading the your changed picture.

The night is dark (and full of presents!).

Thanks Rhaenys B & Buckwheat. I don't have a paint/drawing app on this computer anymore that I am familiar with. I downloaded a new one but its driving me mad so lets just say there is an invisible present from me under the tree!

Archived