HBO's Westworld V - These violent delights... [Spoilers]

.H.

28 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It will definitely be chaotic in universe at least this seasons, but I meant more like a Lost type chaos where the story descends into unintelligible plot holes.  I'm glad it's getting good reviews, I want it to be good.

I didn't think Hopkins was coming back? so maybe they will hold that host he was building for even more than this season.  I think that Elsie and Stubbs are both going to be alive, and they don't seem high level enough that Ford would want to replicate them.

Stubbs is head of security and I would assume to be leading the fight against the hosts. That could make for an interesting situation. I'm thinking of the final book of The Wheel of Time where...

Spoiler

the Forsaken invaded the minds of the Great Captains and had them making critical mistakes in battle.

18 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I believe I saw Stubbs in the trailer, but that doesn't mean he can't be a  host now.

So looking forward to Shogun World.

I also thought I saw Stubbs in the trailer.  I think I'm in the minority on worrying that Shogun World and maybe a middle ages world and/or a couple other words is going to be the show becoming unwieldy, and losing it's narrative punch.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I also thought I saw Stubbs in the trailer.  I think I'm in the minority on worrying that Shogun World and maybe a middle ages world and/or a couple other words is going to be the show becoming unwieldy, and losing it's narrative punch.

I'm hoping for just the right amount of time in Shogun World. I want more than just a tease, but not so much that it detracts from Westworld or goes off the rails.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Trebla said:

Stubbs is head of security and I would assume to be leading the fight against the hosts. That could make for an interesting situation. I'm thinking of the final book of The Wheel of Time where...

Reveal hidden contents

the Forsaken invaded the minds of the Great Captains and had them making critical mistakes in battle.

I don't remember that... But I suppose by the final battle of the final book I was mostly catatonic.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, Astromech said:

I'm hoping for just the right amount of time in Shogun World. I want more than just a tease, but not so much that it detracts from Westworld or goes off the rails.

Jace thinks it'll be more or less incorporated into the wider park. Maybe some Islands out in the ocean is where they're coming from.

Wow...so I assumed that Delos was using the park to create robot super soldiers or spies in the outside world. Instead they have been secretly tracking guests' experiences and taking DNA. How devious...Delos is FACEBOOK!!! 

Just now, Trebla said:

Wow...so I assumed that Delos was using the park to create robot super soldiers or spies in the outside world. Instead they have been secretly tracking guests' experiences and taking DNA. How devious...Delos is FACEBOOK!!! 

The mind go boom.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

I feel like a fool on the storyline with Bernard in that episode.  

His escape with Hale presumably was after Ford got shot and everything went to shit, right?  But then where did he end up on the beach found by the special ops folks?  Not following how the one went to the other.

Dolores (his conscience) left him behind when she took her followers to the promised world.

That's like two weeks after the party scene, I gathered.

5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I feel like a fool on the storyline with Bernard in that episode.  

His escape with Hale presumably was after Ford got shot and everything went to shit, right?  But then where did he end up on the beach found by the special ops folks?  Not following how the one went to the other.

We don't know because Bernard himself doesn't know.

3 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

We don't know because Bernard himself doesn't know.

We don't know? You don't know! Jace Know know.

Jace need know to know where Snake Lady is. That's a bad bitch I need in my life.

Assuming it's not a decoy, it looks like Bernard might have sabotaged the boat they're eventually going to use to try and get off the island, or something like that. It would explain why tons of hosts are drowned in the secret bay, and why he washed up on shore. 

I get the impression that's not the only way they're messing around with the timeline, but I can't pin it down. 

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

ETA:  Westworld might be located in the South China Sea.

Definitely got that vibe from the soldiers that the Delos security forces were arguing with on the beach. It's somewhere in southeast asia, maybe even an entirely artificial island (like that IRL island the Chinese government made on steroids, given how good their land-moving equipment is). It's big, too, since the tiger managed to wander over from "Park Six" - maybe big enough that it has at least six parks on it. 

Tessa Thompson plays such a good and convincing sociopath. I felt bad for Bernard but it was kinda funny that she was getting annoyed with her robot counterpart for losing his shit.

Delos and the DNA reveal was also a nice little addition. I was sure that they just wanted to weaponize the hosts too.

Teddy doesn’t know what’s going on. He’s just along for the ride right now.

I can't decide who Charlotte is messaging from the bunker. If it's other Delos higher ups, then that conversation made absolutely no sense. 

Pretty sure that message should've been "These effen robots are killing people! Get us the fck outta here!"

Just now, Charlie Hustle said:

Why is Peter Abernathy so important WRT to the other hosts? I would have asumed that they would want Delores, or the old gunslinger. Since Delos said they aint sending any help until the "Package" is located.

They downloaded all of the proprietary data onto Abernathy at the end of season 1.

He's who Sizemore went back to the compound to retrieve during the party.

Archived